Rate your season

Emeraldroyal

Re: Rate your season

by Emeraldroyal » 22 Apr 2017 08:08

WAZZOCK
Emeraldroyal
bobby1413
Ah I forgot about that too.

As I left home about 3pm I checked Twitter and saw that all east bound trains had stopped due to a jumper.

I was considering going Bracknell->Reading rather than direct to Waterloo.

Instead I went direct to Waterloo. Train absolutely rammed. It was desperate times and I literally pushed onto the train and drank my beers while crushed against about 20 other Reading fans doing the same

Jesus that's just horrendous.
Are you ok ? :wink:

I boast the single worst away record of all I suspect.
Lost AFC pre season
Lost Cardiff
Lost wolves
Lost Brentford
Lost Arsenal
Draw QPR
Lost Wigan
Lost Fulham
Lost derby
Drew Ipswich
Lost Preston
Lost Norwich
Haven't seen us win away all year :oops:

Did I mention I'm going to Nottingham tommorow :roll:

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but we didn't lose to Cardiff or Wigan :?:

Hmmm Alzheimer's kicking in.
I was relying on my sons recollectiom but had to look this up.
In his and my defence he reminded me we were at the borehamwood pre-season game so I have actually seen us win away so there :wink:

St Pancras now. Anyone for a beer ? 8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Apr 2017 09:52

Heavy Plob
leon
genome Did you go to Fulham away? That must have killed you

Fcuk no. Did it the season when Blackman air kicked through on goal at 89 mins or so and the cnuts went up the other end and scored.

Turned up on the day and to get into the home family stand paid for an adult, a 6 year old and a 9 year old 80 (eighty) pounds to watch football through a letter box.

And then had to sit with utter cnuts.

Cnuts.cnuts cnuts

Solid 6/10, then?

What for?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Apr 2017 09:53

Heavy Plob
leon
genome Did you go to Fulham away? That must have killed you

Fcuk no. Did it the season when Blackman air kicked through on goal at 89 mins or so and the cnuts went up the other end and scored.

Turned up on the day and to get into the home family stand paid for an adult, a 6 year old and a 9 year old 80 (eighty) pounds to watch football through a letter box.

Cnuts.cnuts cnuts

Solid 6/10, then?

What for?

Heavy Plob

by Heavy Plob » 22 Apr 2017 11:50

leon
Heavy Plob
leon

Cnuts.cnuts cnuts

Solid 6/10, then?

What for?

Seemed like a better than average outing to the Cottage...

The Informant

by The Informant » 22 Apr 2017 12:03

Been to every game apart from Newcastle, Hudds and Preston away and the Fulham re arranged at home.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 23 Apr 2017 18:57

Bit skint and an 'ex-pat' so you're looking at

In the flesh

Fulham (a) :|
Fulham (h) :|
United (a) - well, that was at least fun
Birmingham (a) 8)
Villa (a) 8)
Forest (a) :o

On TV - all shit, really, really shit. Even Leeds was a bit of a grind.

Not sure what more local games there are ... sigh.

double d

by double d » 23 Apr 2017 22:36

9/10

I bought a new 4k ultra HD TV to watch all the highlights on and it has been awesome.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Apr 2017 12:29

Solid 9/10.
Not been once, almost tempted a couple of times, but then came a poor performance and resisted.
Can see what Stam is trying to do, and when he gets a squad of players good enough look out.
I believe we need a flair player that the opposition are scared of, so they possibly put two on that player, giving the team more space and options.
It is certainly better football than when we last went up.

royal_craigb

by royal_craigb » 25 Apr 2017 12:48

Managed to miss most of the embarrassing defeats, so not got a bad record overall this season.

Seen 18 wins, 6 draws and only 5 lost.

Highlight - close call between away days at Bristol City and Villa. Going for Villa on the basis that their ground is better and weather was nicer 8)
Lowlight - home loss to QPR was very uninspiring, but luckily a rare home blip.

Also squeezed in 5 new grounds.

9/10 - will be 10/10 if we end up winning at Wembley!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2017 13:54

8/10 enjoyed the transition immensely.
Seen:
Pre Season:
1W 1D 1L

Home:
13W 5D 2L

Away:
8W 1D 8L

Cup:
2W 1D 2L

U23:
1W

Total:
45 games making it my most attended season. 8)

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 25 Apr 2017 14:58

Brentford away
QPR away
Brighton away
Arsenal away
Newcastle home
2 other home games I can't even remember, both draws.

Taking my total of seasons without seeing Reading win to 3..

See you all for the playoffs.. :D

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Apr 2017 16:22

jd82 Brentford away
QPR away
Brighton away
Arsenal away
Newcastle home
2 other home games I can't even remember, both draws.

Taking my total of seasons without seeing Reading win to 3..

See you all for the playoffs.. :D

Having never ever seen Reading win "away" - asking the board right now... - does Wembley count as "away"?????

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2017 16:35

been a revelation

seen about 8 home games, no away games, no midweek games.
its been lovely, like a terrible weight has lifted from my shoulders.
I hadn't realised quite how much of a grind it had become in the last three seasons.

and as an added bonus weve become a pretty decent young passing side.

9/10

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 26 Apr 2017 12:50

Been to zero games this season. Only one I feel I missed out was Bristol City. Apart from that it's looked & sounded pretty boring. Leeds game was decent on TV in a packed pub in Woodley. Results have been good, but that has never been what attracted me. For the price of a thifty weekend jaunt in Eastern Europe, the matchday experience is fricking dreary. Pre-match before Wembley will be fun should we get there, but undoubtedly the match will be dire. On past experience I'll be too pished to remember anyway :wink:

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 01 May 2017 22:58

Been supporting the Royals for nearly 15 years - from an entertainment point of view this season has been poor. Have seen all the home games except Newcastle (unwell) and Wigan (couldn't be arsed) - obviously overall performance and results have improved dramatically this season, but have been leaving the stadium recently wondering if that alone is worth the 3 hour round trip. First half against Leeds was the highlight without doubt......

Away games have been more fun, but then they often are - even when we lose.

QPR - Can't remember much :|
Fulham - Predictable :o
Bristol - Priceless :lol:
Ipswich - Hapless defending :oops:
Birmingham - Worth the trip in foul weather 8)
Norwich - Had a ticket but could not go at last minute...... RESULT !
Villa - Had a ticket but decided not to go....... MISTAKE !!

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 02 May 2017 06:50

All home league games except Blackburn, but only been to Man Utd and Bristol City away.

That makes my record:
Played: 25
Won: 17
Drawn: 5
Lost: 3

Given the above, the fact we're third and about to enter the playoffs, you'd think I'd score the season fairly highly. However, as content and intrigued as I am by our current style of play, it just doesn't excite me. Add in a fairly turgid atmosphere, and the fact that as I get older I feel less connected with the club/players, I think overall I'm going to rate the season a 6/10 so far.

Obviously that could be bumped up significantly with a playoff win!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 May 2017 08:30

I will give this season an 8/10. If we win promotion I will give it a 9/10. Only reason it's not a 10 as we've collapsed completely at times and it could cost us in the playoffs. Nevertheless, Stam has done a great job turning around a core of underperforming players (Gunter, Williams, McCleary, Kermorgant), bringing a talented youth player through in Liam Kelly and bringing some quality blood in (Swift, Moore and Beerens) and solid players (Blackett et al.)

Our squad have bought into Stam's philosophy and we are improving at it by the game! If we don't win the playoffs then I think with a few more quality additions including a new striker that we can gatecrash the autos next season. At home, we are really tough to beat again, not long ago, I think we went 10 games from 13 in the league where we failed to score. In the 69 home games prior to this season, I think we only got 24 wins (8 wins for 3 consecutive seasons) which shows how far we've come.

I have attended every home game so 16 wins, 5 draws and 2 defeats.

Been to 10 away games and Burton will be 11. Won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 including that mental come back at Bristol City

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 May 2017 12:16

Cureton's Volley Been to zero games this season. Only one I feel I missed out was Bristol City. Apart from that it's looked & sounded pretty boring. Leeds game was decent on TV in a packed pub in Woodley. Results have been good, but that has never been what attracted me. For the price of a thifty weekend jaunt in Eastern Europe, the matchday experience is fricking dreary. Pre-match before Wembley will be fun should we get there, but undoubtedly the match will be dire. On past experience I'll be too pished to remember anyway :wink:

This is why I missed Fulham away (which I was gutted about before kick off) as got £19 return flight to Sofia. 8)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 May 2017 02:19

My Aways
Brentford 4-1
Fulham 5-0
Derby 3-2
Brighton 3-0
Norwich 7-1
Forest 3-2
Man Utd 4-0

But
Villa 3-1
Brizzle 3-2
QPR 1-1
Every home game so 8/10 if we win the play offs upgrade to a ten to tick the bucket list play off curse.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 May 2017 17:20

I was one of those that refused to renew my season ticket over McDermott. Obviously that whole thing has been forgotten now given recent success but it really dented my enthusiasm to watch the team (or at least give the owners any money to do so). As such for the first two thirds of the season I only went to games that I got free tickets too. Then I inevitably jumped back on the play off bandwagon and actually paid for a few games towards the end.

I can't say that I saw a game that I really enjoyed - most of them were Reading grinding out a single goal win. I suppose Brentford was the best.