Player of the season

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Player of the season

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2017 20:18

Nameless Bit ironic that with one of the worst defensive records on the division we are debating which defender has been our POTS!

When you put it like that :lol:

Just looked we've conceded 3 more goals than last season!

Still though, on a player for player basis it's got to be Moore imo. It's not his fault that the defence was too often exposed and he's made the fewest individual mistakes out of the lot.

The only other outfield candidate that comes even close is Kermorgant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2017 21:02

Nameless
NewCorkSeth
Hound Moore - Yann - Williams for me, with shouts to AAH, Swift and McCleary. Kelly young player

How does Swift get a shout out for POTS but Kelly beats him for YPOTS? Theyre the same age?

Players can only win one award. Kelly is ineligible for POTS as he has won YPOTS.
In the same was Ali had to decline nomination for GKOTS so he could contest the main award. No idea who now gets the GKOTS award....

Yep kind of that. If I'd said shouts to Kelly then Swift would have been ypots. People really will argue Bout any old sh!t on here won't they?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Apr 2017 21:03

NewCorkSeth I feel like there should be an official "HNA? End of Season Awards" thread. Mulitple categories such as:

Player of the Season
Signing of the Season
Young Player of the Season
Academy Player of the Season
Manager of the Season
Game of the Season
Goal of the Season
Ian Royal
Etc..
Would be a long poll but would be a good tradition to start. Anyone arsed?

Go on

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2017 23:57

genome
NewCorkSeth I feel like there should be an official "HNA? End of Season Awards" thread. Mulitple categories such as:

Player of the Season
Signing of the Season
Young Player of the Season
Academy Player of the Season
Manager of the Season
Game of the Season
Goal of the Season
Ian Royal
Etc..
Would be a long poll but would be a good tradition to start. Anyone arsed?

Go on

is there even an option to create multiple polls in a single thread? Mods?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Apr 2017 12:26

@jonathanl50
Introducing this year's #readingfc player of the season nominees - @AliAlhabsi, @liammoore93 and Yann Kermorgant!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Apr 2017 12:39

Can't decide between Moore or Kermy really.

Al Habsi winning would be interesting to see if he gets recognition from the Wigan fans but I don't think he'll get it this season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2017 12:55

genome @jonathanl50
Introducing this year's #readingfc player of the season nominees - @AliAlhabsi, @liammoore93 and Yann Kermorgant!

Does not having a Twitter name mean Kermogant will have lost votes ?
Was there much canvassing of fans by players ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Apr 2017 13:32

tidus_mi2
Al Habsi winning would be interesting to see if he gets recognition from the Wigan fans but I don't think he'll get it this season.

I'm sure all 50 of them will give him a good reaction. He was pretty popular there

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2017 13:38

I'd say Liam Kelly should be Player of the Season. He's been outstanding and will be a regular in the Premier League one day, hopefully with us but I reckon within time a Chelsea or Manchester City will snap him up. He's been a bit underestimated but his eye for a quality pass or gap has been a real difference.

Swift for YPOTS.

Out of those the club have put forward I would say Moore should get it. But all 3 have been fantastic.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2017 13:45

Reading4eva I'd say Liam Kelly should be Player of the Season. He's been outstanding and will be a regular in the Premier League one day, hopefully with us but I reckon within time a Chelsea or Manchester City will snap him up. He's been a bit underestimated but his eye for a quality pass or gap has been a real difference.

Swift for YPOTS.

Out of those the club have put forward I would say Moore should get it. But all 3 have been fantastic.

The club haven't put any forward.
Standard practice every year is the top 3 in the fans vote are announced before hand but not in any order.
Don't think Moore should get it, our defence has been poor and without McShane I don't think Moore has stepped up in the way I would have hoped.
Kermogant for me has been outstanding, works so hard for an old man and has even chipped in with a few goals which is a big bonus.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2017 17:46

Congrats to Ali for his second PotS award in a row. :D

Would have been my pick from the highlights and couple of games I've managed to catch, but I didn't vote because I just haven't seen enough games. I don't think I've seen fewer than about 6 or 7 min. in a season before.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2017 17:48

Ian Royal Congrats to Ali for his second PotS award in a row. :D

Would have been my pick from the highlights and couple of games I've managed to catch, but I didn't vote because I just haven't seen enough games. I don't think I've seen fewer than about 6 or 7 min. in a season before.

3 GKs in a row says a lot..

Interesting that the only players from outside of Europe to win the award have all been GKs.