YTF is everyone scared of Fulham FC??

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: YTF is everyone scared of Fulham FC??

by John Smith » 08 May 2017 12:05

TBM
John Smith Can a stats enthusiast on here either provide or point me in the direction of a line graph of both Fulham and Reading's progress over the course of this season please? I think they started off badly and picked up as the season progressed

Scroll to the bottom on each page

Reading
http://www.footipedia.com/Reading/team- ... RBR8sa1uUk

Fulham
http://www.footipedia.com/Fulham/team-r ... RBSHca1uUk

TBM, you're an absolute world class badman. Did you know that?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2017 12:17

John Smith
TBM
John Smith Can a stats enthusiast on here either provide or point me in the direction of a line graph of both Fulham and Reading's progress over the course of this season please? I think they started off badly and picked up as the season progressed

Reading

Fulham

TBM, you're an absolute world class badman. Did you know that?

Yes, i did know that 8)

You're welcome. Its a good little site that - scary to see how many teams we've beaten away from home who finished in the top half :shock:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 May 2017 12:21

TBM

Reading

Fulham

So the best team in the division that everyone is afraid of only snuck into the playoffs in the last month of the season while Reading, the rank outsiders, have been in the playoffs since October, normally in 3rd?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 May 2017 12:25

Silver Fox
TBM

Reading

Fulham

So the best team in the division that everyone is afraid of only snuck into the playoffs in the last month of the season while Reading, the rank outsiders, have been in the playoffs since October, normally in 3rd?

and that was only cos Leeds fcuked up :lol:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 May 2017 12:40

This is what Sheffield Wednesday fans are saying about the playoffs. They are quite complimentary about the Royals and believe Fulham are a bit cocky.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/ ... m-reading/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2017 14:53

Looking at tables at month end throughout the season, Fulham have constantly been around 8th place. The only reason their move up to 6th appears to have been a massively impressive performance is mainly Leeds capitulation.

Leeds were 11 points clear of Fulham on 31st Jan, only to finish 5 pts behind.

Fulham do lead the league over that period, but the rest of the top 6 are in the play-off places. We have picked up 10 pts less than them but from 2 games less.

Taking 2017 as a whole - Fulham top again but only 2 pts better off than us. Cardiff break into the top 6 at Huddersfield's expense but only 6 points separate Fulham from Huddersfield. Leeds down in 11, some 11 points behind Fulham.

So all in all, based on 2017 - we are pretty evenly matched teams.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 May 2017 16:45

Jokanovic has never done better than a team containing Kermorgant.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by maffff on 09 May 2017 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

pwb

Mind games!

by pwb » 08 May 2017 19:13

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mind games!

by tidus_mi2 » 08 May 2017 19:20

Looks like he wants to shift the favourites tag. I'll trust Stam and the team on the mind games, they did a real number on Leeds.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 May 2017 19:39

Don't really want to start a new thread on this, but - what's the record for the number of times we've played one team in a season?

After the playoffs we would've played Fulham 4 1/2 times.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 May 2017 20:14

At least it won't be an embarrassment in the away end Saturday as we will fill it! Not sure that would be the case if we had to venture past London

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 08 May 2017 20:59

genome Don't really want to start a new thread on this, but - what's the record for the number of times we've played one team in a season?

After the playoffs we would've played Fulham 4 1/2 times.

Think we played Bristol Rovers five times.

We played Fulham three times in the league cup one year, think they were in a different division. And twice in the autoglass one year and twice in the league.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2017 21:01

Yeah nonsense from their boss. Fulham are down as huge favourites and they know it and believe it themselves

Genuinely can't understand why the bookies have them as low as 1/2 to win the tie - but there you go

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 08 May 2017 21:50

Worth noting we didn't have Yann or Swift for the game back in December. As we showed Leeds, we're much tougher opposition now.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 May 2017 22:03

Of course Fulham are the favourites. Neil Warnock says so.

There is no pressure on us whatsoever. I was expecting us to finish bottom of the league in the summer. I said before a ball was kicked that I would celebrate us finishing 4th from bottom like we had won promotion. So for me this has already been a hugely successful season with Championship status assured. Anything else that might come from this season is a massive bonus. We go into these play offs as huge underdogs with nothing to lose.

On the other hand Fulham are expected to be promoted particularly after the huge amount of money that they have spent in the past 2 transfer windows. If they don't get promoted it will have to be considered a serious failure by Slavisa Jokanovic. If I was the Fulham chairman I would not be best pleased and would probably consider sacking him. It would be incredibly embarrassing for Fulham if they were to get knocked out by us.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 May 2017 22:58

Hound Yeah nonsense from their boss. Fulham are down as huge favourites and they know it and believe it themselves

Genuinely can't understand why the bookies have them as low as 1/2 to win the tie - but there you go

explained in the play-off odds thread

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 09 May 2017 13:45

Interesting look at our stats by cottagers confidenial and certainly worth a read.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/5/9/15583276/stats-reading-fulham-championship-playoff-semi-final

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 May 2017 14:03

Oilroyal Interesting look at our stats by cottagers confidenial and certainly worth a read.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/5/9/15583276/stats-reading-fulham-championship-playoff-semi-final

Interesting but doesn't tell us much more than we already know (though we aren't the intended audience).

If we score first on Saturday, then based on what we have seen this season, we are almost certain to come back with a lead.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 May 2017 14:08

found that interesting, though obviously familiar with the basic theme of those stats.

Have to agree this tie is very much about scoring first - which is I guess where the suggestion was that we would be better playing the home leg first - comes from

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2017 14:12

No need to be any more scared of Fulham than any other of the decent sides in the championship. The 5-0 earlier in the season was a one of fluke largely down to the disruption of having no Kermorgant, no Moore and then Williams being sent off before an hour had been played (when it was only 2-0).

Reading just need to be very well organised. If Stam and his management team don't know what to expect from Fulham and how best to set up against them by now then they should go to back to managing youngsters.

Could be a fairly a cagey first leg though with neither side wanting to make too many moves or risk that mistake.