From a Sheffield Wednesday fan...

VisitingOwl

From a Sheffield Wednesday fan...

by VisitingOwl » 08 May 2017 16:40

Just wanted to say that your fans have been classy in the run up to the playoffs, you've been humble and avoided being arrogant. Very sporting and honestly a good example to football fans of all clubs imo.

It must have been driving you crazy as it has with us, seeing how little credit you get and how amazing Fulham supposedly are week in week out.

From watching them play our depleted reserves yesterday you've nothing to fear from Fulham. They're nowhere near as good as the media has hyped them to be.

Best of luck on Saturday I'll be cheering for you, as if we win too a Wednesday/Reading final would be a superb atmosphere. So long as you don't play your pop song - you know the one :P

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: From a Sheffield Wednesday fan...

by tidus_mi2 » 08 May 2017 20:06

Thanks for the kind words, also don't really get the love in for Fulham.

If we do meet in the final, we call dibs on the home kit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2017 20:07

:lol:

Good luck VO, you should have the easiest route to the final, but you never know with the Play Offs, and Huddersfield are a very decent side if they can sort out their recent antics.

It's relatively easy to be humble when you're all still surprised at being in the top half. :wink:

Hopefully see you at Wembley.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 May 2017 20:29

We've exceeded expectations this season but we have spent most of the season in the Top 6 so all this "false 3rd" nonsense is unwarranted. However, we won't beat ourselves up if we fail in the play offs. No one rates us so no pressure and that's exactly how Stamp likes it. There are no over reactions to any result, we just get on with the next game with minimum drama.

Too much is being read into a handful of batterings away from home. We're 5th in the form table over 6 games and top over 10. Under estimate us at your peril. I see Jokanovic is already trying to shift the pressure off Fulham. Expect Stam to pile it back on and more in the next few days.

Davezk

by Davezk » 08 May 2017 20:41

We mostly find it hilarious we are even in the playoffs let alone having finished 3rd...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2017 20:59

After the last couple of seasons this year has already been a hugely unexpected and enjoyable year. Getting to the play offs is a great achievment so getting any further would be a big bonus

I think Weds will comfortably beat Huddersfield personally and us/Fulham is going to be very close, possibly going down to who is most inept at penalties

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 May 2017 21:38

From Despair To Where? We've exceeded expectations this season but we have spent most of the season in the Top 6 so all this "false 3rd" nonsense is unwarranted. However, we won't beat ourselves up if we fail in the play offs. No one rates us so no pressure and that's exactly how Stamp likes it. There are no over reactions to any result, we just get on with the next game with minimum drama.

Too much is being read into a handful of batterings away from home. We're 5th in the form table over 6 games and top over 10. Under estimate us at your peril. I see Jokanovic is already trying to shift the pressure off Fulham. Expect Stam to pile it back on and more in the next few days.

Not from the players and staff, not so sure about some of the fans. :?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 May 2017 21:40

Davezk We mostly find it hilarious we are even in the playoffs let alone having finished 3rd...

Speak for yourself

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 May 2017 21:51

Let's just keep adding to the pressure on Fulham.

Fulham are clearly the best team in the Play-offs. They are full of Premier League stars. If they don't win the play offs considering the form they have been in then they will have completely let down the whole of West London.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 May 2017 21:57

Hound us/Fulham is going to be very close, possibly going down to who is most inept at penalties

Can we sign the lad taking them at HT at Burton for the shootout?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 May 2017 21:58

Tom Cairney is the best player outside the Premiership.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 May 2017 22:08

Absolutely! Cairney, Sessegnon, Fredriks, Bettinelli, Martin, these players are unbelievable. We have no chance against them. They'll be able to beat us without breaking into a sweat. They should walk it. They won't need to get out of second gear.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 May 2017 22:09

Fulham have an atmosphere to be proud of. The roaring from the stands is of premier league quality.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 08 May 2017 22:11

The pundits are w@nking themselves over how great Fulham are. I remember driving down to Cardiff for the 2nd leg A few years back and five live were doing a total Cardiff all Welsh play off final love in we were not even mentioned! Even after it sounded like a wake we had ruined there big story of South Wales taking over Wembley. Let's hope Richard Osman, Didy feckin David Hamilton and Hugh Grant Will be spending bank holiday Monday watching a ding Owls final.. :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 May 2017 22:12

Sone Aluko, what a player, should be playing for England and to think he's not even the best player in his family.

And what about Jokanovic, been there, done and got the t shirt with Watford. He's an absolute master at getting teams up. With him at the helm they've got one foot in the Premiership. We haven't got a chance.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 08 May 2017 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 May 2017 22:17

From Despair To Where? Sone Aluko, what a player, should be playing for England and to think he's not even the best player in his family.

I don't know how we're going to manage. We may as well concede defeat now. Let's just do a Paddy Power and payout early on our bets. Time to payout on a Fulham win.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2017 22:30

While I'm the first person to say Fulham are overhyped lets not go overboard with it. They're hyped for a reason, they have a huge amount of quality going forward and we were fortunate to beat them at our place, both penalties were soft af and luckily they can't take them for shit. In the fogged off game I'm adamant they would have won had it gone on, they tore us apart again and again in that half.

They are dangerous, not quite to the pedastool that everyone has seemingly put them on but they do have quality.

Will be a very, very interesting tie. We're great at home, less so away, and Fulham are the opposite. We're going to see a completely different type of away performance than we're used to as Stam has eluded to. It really is anyone's game. Fortunately we don't have anywhere near as much pressure on us. I'm more excited than nervous which is quite nice.

Would love to beat them though, if nothing else so all the pundicks will stfu.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 08 May 2017 22:32

tmesis
Hound us/Fulham is going to be very close, possibly going down to who is most inept at penalties

Can we sign the lad taking them at HT at Burton for the shootout?

He plays with my son at laurel Park. Doesn't take the pens either.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2017 23:32

I prticularly enjoyed this from owlstalk :lol:

I'm not sure why I'm posting in here as we might not be playing them yet.
But there's something about them ...that makes them the team I least want to face. It's not just the fact they have already beaten us. I thought we had every chance to win both of those games ourselves.

But there's something about them. Stam puts me about. Those sharp eyes. The cold stare of a serial killer.
Stam and his team make me feel uneasy.
Though Reading does as a whole.

In my head they're a 3rd and 4th division club. They're an anomaly , a glitch in the system. This isn't a 'Reading tho' sensation. I feel like I'm trapped a programme where the details aren't quite right.

Oh, and that Kermorgant. ... a middle aged journeyman, never done anything of note. But I see him....and I find I'm holding my breath. I get a sinking sensation when the balls near him in the box, same as I used to with Ian Rush even though Rush was a class apart. It's that same feeling.

There. That's got that out of my system.

Davezk

by Davezk » 09 May 2017 06:49

genome
Davezk We mostly find it hilarious we are even in the playoffs let alone having finished 3rd...

Speak for yourself

I was speaking for both of me.