Fulham prediction thread

Chuckle Brother

Re: Fulham prediction thread

by Chuckle Brother » 11 May 2017 22:08

BR0B0T
Ian Royal
BR0B0T
It's probabilistic m8...we had a small probability of making the
play-offs at the start of the season. This changed after 46 events.

I have no idea what you'll be doing in ten years time but i'm 99%
confident that tomorrow you'll be a pcunt....etc :wink:

As I recall, the odds on us making the play offs were comparatively long only a month ago.

I'm pretty sure I'll be a pcunt in ten years... outside chance of a dead pcunt.

Depends on how you're rating teams. Some ELO based rating systems
use much older data i.e. last seasons. Goal expectation models would
also be pretty shit for reading as would something using margin of victory.

we've had 7 heavy defeats this season...defo something of an outlier

ELO based rating systems are just Blue Sky thinking.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 May 2017 22:50

Half Biscuit
Nameless
Half Biscuit
Please re-read...

Why ?
It was barely worth reading the first time !

He's not quoting the website there. It's irony.

Not sure it's irony, just sarcastic (and a careless typo :oops: )

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 11 May 2017 23:30

Ive just got a feeling we will win 3-0 or 3-1 on Saturday.

The Informant

by The Informant » 12 May 2017 09:37

Scutterbucketz Ive just got a feeling we will win 3-0 or 3-1 on Saturday.

Same

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 May 2017 09:39

The Informant

Same

I've just put a fiver on both. Should one of them somehow happen I'm going to lose my tiny mind.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 12 May 2017 10:16

They win by 2 or 3 goals tomorrow and the tie is over, we win by the same ammount and it's not.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 12 May 2017 10:45

The Informant

Same

I will go with this.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 12 May 2017 11:00

Have faith people we have this man pulling the strings on Saturday!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 May 2017 11:35

CountryRoyal http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=59795.0

Oh what it must be to support an exiting club like Fulham, a true pillar of footballing excellence and glory the common fan can only dream of.

BORING BORING READING 8)

"I don't really have anything against Reading, except for the fact that they seem to hate us. "

Since when? :?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 May 2017 11:48

Chuckle Brother
BR0B0T
Ian Royal As I recall, the odds on us making the play offs were comparatively long only a month ago.

I'm pretty sure I'll be a pcunt in ten years... outside chance of a dead pcunt.

Depends on how you're rating teams. Some ELO based rating systems
use much older data i.e. last seasons. Goal expectation models would
also be pretty shit for reading as would something using margin of victory.

we've had 7 heavy defeats this season...defo something of an outlier

ELO based rating systems are just Blue Sky thinking.

Tough crowd m8

I wiki'd their back catalogue but couldn't really come
up with a suitable response (that wasn't obvs)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 May 2017 11:51

SSN just dismissed us again. lost 5-0 there in the league n all that. the media are creaming themselves over Fulham. no real point in the other 3 teams turning up really, might as well promote Fulham now.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 May 2017 12:05

I liked how Danny Higginbottom used as evidence for his prediction the fact that Stam says he likes to play an open game on the road, conveniently ignoring Stam's comments wrt this game being totally different so he won't be doing that tomorrow :roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 May 2017 13:36

Silver Fox I liked how Danny Higginbottom used as evidence for his prediction the fact that Stam says he likes to play an open game on the road, conveniently ignoring Stam's comments wrt this game being totally different so he won't be doing that tomorrow :roll:

Yeah, I wish pundits would do their research.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -wednesday

This game will be a clash of styles. Reading like to keep the ball while Fulham play a dynamic game

A quick look at the league table for possession stats reveals that Reading are 2nd in the league for keeping the ball... the team above them? You guessed it, Fulham.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 12 May 2017 14:22

Talk Sport were slating Readings chances and bigging up Foolham this morning too. Part of me was really p*ssed off.... part of me was pleased there is no pressure

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 12 May 2017 14:22

I have a good feeling as well....

The omens look good for this season. When Sunderland were relegated from the Prem, that was the year we won promotion (2006). When we faced Arsenal in the League Cup at Highbury that was the year we won promotion (2006). Could history be repeating itself?

We played Arsenal in the League Cup this year and Sunderland have come down. History might be repeating. We just need a Reading promotion now.

Nobody eat the sausage at Fulham on Saturday. I know it is extremely delicious but it just brings awful bad luck. Boycott the sausage. Everyone stick to your winning routines this weekend. We can win this game.

I will stick to my winning routines. It will be the blue boxer shorts. I will be having my coffee out of my Reading FC mug on the morning of the game. I will also wear a necklace that I discovered has winning powers. Reading have won every time I have worn this necklace so I will be doing so again on Saturday.

COME ON YOU ROYALS!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 12 May 2017 14:32

CrowthorneRoyal Talk Sport were slating Readings chances and bigging up Foolham this morning too. Part of me was really p*ssed off.... part of me was pleased there is no pressure

Just be happy. We definitely want to be billed as the underdogs.

It's incredible that the team who finished clear in 3rd place with the chasing pack needing two positive results to overtake them is being billed as the underdogs. Normally that doesn't happen and we would have all the pressure on us. The great news is that all the pressure is on the team that finished 6th.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 May 2017 14:32

Top Flight

The omens look good for this season. When Sunderland were relegated from the Prem, that was the year we won promotion (2006). When we faced Arsenal in the League Cup at Highbury that was the year we won promotion (2006). Could history be repeating itself?

We played Arsenal in the League Cup this year and Sunderland have come down. History might be repeating. We just need a Reading promotion now.

Nobody eat the sausage at Fulham on Saturday. I know it is extremely delicious but it just brings awful bad luck. Boycott the sausage. Everyone stick to your winning routines this weekend. We can win this game.

I will stick to my winning routines. It will be the blue boxer shorts. I will be having my coffee out of my Reading FC mug on the morning of the game. I will also wear a necklace that I discovered has winning powers. Reading have won every time I have worn this necklace so I will be doing so again on Saturday.

COME ON YOU ROYALS!

2 nil down away at Bristol City 2011/12. Won 3-2.

2 nil down away at Bristol City 2016/17. Won 3-2.

double d

by double d » 12 May 2017 14:33

Top Flight

COME ON YOU ROYALS!

But my winning routine is eating the sausage Top Flight? What am I meant to eat instead? What can I do? I love having the big sausage at Fulham.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 12 May 2017 14:38

double d
Top Flight

COME ON YOU ROYALS!

But my winning routine is eating the sausage Top Flight? What am I meant to eat instead? What can I do? I love having the big sausage at Fulham.

You can have a sausage but just don't have the one that they sell in the away end at Craven Cottage. That specific sausage cannot be part of your winning routine. Last two trips to the Cottage have resulted in disaster and that sausage was part of many of our pre-match and half time snacks. Get yourself down to the Gorge Cafe and eat their sausages. Have your sausage in Reading or Maidenhead if that's where you live.

It is overpriced anyway. It costs a flipping fiver for their sausage. Your wallet will thank you for avoiding it and so will Jaap Stam when we bring a first leg lead back to the Madejski.
Last edited by Top Flight on 12 May 2017 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 May 2017 14:41

No way Top Flight can go without the sausage.