BFTG Fulham

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Fulham

by Y21 » 13 May 2017 22:38

windermereROYAL
Top Flight It's beautifully set up for Tuesday night now. No team have the advantage. Fulham are rightly considered the favourites. The Fulham Football Club is an outstanding club and are expected to win otherwise they will have badly let down the residents of West London. Considering they are one of the big spenders in the Championship they are expected to go up and Jokanovic should be sacked if they fail. Reading have had an outstanding season, Stam has proven himself to be a great manager. He would have done well just keeping us up. There is no pressure on Reading. We are the underdogs. It will be an honour to go up against the best club in the Championship on Tuesday night. Hopefully we can pull off the unexpected result. I don't know how we will manage against Fulhams incredible away form.

Get a grip u big woman. i suppose you had a sausage when we went in front?

Would sir like to choose from the Woooosh selection available today?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 May 2017 22:47

Fairy snuff

A 1-1 draw doesn't normally bring such scorn in such a high pressure game tho'

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 13 May 2017 22:49

AthleticoSpizz Fairy snuff

A 1-1 draw doesn't normally bring such scorn in such a high pressure game tho'

I'll take 1-1!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 May 2017 23:10

Tremendous performance and a wonderful result. Never really in much trouble but last fifteen minutes were nervy when we were rightfully down to ten men following McShanes stupid challenge. Will be nervy Tuesday for sure but it's now in our hands with home so called advantage. The performance was matched in my opinion by the tremendous support from the Royals travelling supporters , we made a great amount of noise and I for one was proud of both my team and support today. Now let's finish the job Tuesday.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 May 2017 23:14

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... ic=59871.0

Reading's tactics were superb, totally eradicated our passing game especially from the back. For weeks I have wondered why other teams have not been able to adopt the set up that Reading did today and stop us playing. We play some great football, as do Barcelona, but if teams commit 3, 4 or even 5 players forward to stop defenses developing moves from the back, very difficult to come out with a plan B if you are not used to struggling for possession. That said I was happy with a draw, even though their goal should not have been allowed after the foul on Johansson and the obvious hand ball. Evenly poised for Tuesday!!

In December Reading came & played football with us & got spanked. Stam has learnt his lesson well. Tactics spot on.

And to think we wanted to avoid Wednesday. Never expected Reading to be that disciplined

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 13 May 2017 23:16

Gutted for McShane. Puts in a solid performance all first half, sets up Obita's goal and then makes his only two mistakes of the game; gets caught out of position for their goal and then gets sent off for what should have been a 50:50, if he hadn't been hauled to the floor.

Hopefully Gmac and Kelly are back for Tuesday and the game will be completely different.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 13 May 2017 23:24

Top Flight It's beautifully set up for Tuesday night now. No team have the advantage. Fulham are rightly considered the favourites. The Fulham Football Club is an outstanding club and are expected to win otherwise they will have badly let down the residents of West London. Considering they are one of the big spenders in the Championship they are expected to go up and Jokanovic should be sacked if they fail. Reading have had an outstanding season, Stam has proven himself to be a great manager. He would have done well just keeping us up. There is no pressure on Reading. We are the underdogs. It will be an honour to go up against the best club in the Championship on Tuesday night. Hopefully we can pull off the unexpected result. I don't know how we will manage against Fulhams incredible away form.

If Fulham have to score reading have an advantage as small as it maybe.
Reading's home form is pretty decent aswell, so get a grip and have some faith in your team.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 May 2017 23:29

It's cute, Fulham fans think we're a dirty side and that we'll play just like we did today on Tuesday as well. Fact is, Stam set up the team more to stop Fulham and he did that superbly, at home with the crowd behind them, no doubt we'll be a bit more expressive.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 May 2017 01:03

tidus_mi2 It's cute, Fulham fans think we're a dirty side and that we'll play just like we did today on Tuesday as well. Fact is, Stam set up the team more to stop Fulham and he did that superbly, at home with the crowd behind them, no doubt we'll be a bit more expressive.

Enough sour grapes to open a wine bar on that site.

Many seem utterly convinced that Fulham are a brilliant side, never stopping to wonder why, if they are so good, they only finished 6th.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 May 2017 01:51

WestRoyal

Reading's home form is pretty decent aswell, so get a grip and have some faith in your team.

Fulham don't have to score. The away goal rule doesn't appply in the playoffs.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 14 May 2017 01:53

Grandson of a former director!!!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 May 2017 05:51

PistolPete Started in the putney end, switched to a spare seat in the away end for second half. A few thoughts/observations...

Immense: Williams
Good: Moore, Obita, Kermy, Blackett, Gunter, (Joey)
Par: McShane, Evans, Grabban
Poor: Al Habsi, Swift

Stam decided enough is enough with away performances and went with the 3 centre backs and told the team to break a neck to get us a result. To our fortune, Atwell was determined not to get card happy until he ran out of patience; Williams and Kermy could each have had a few yellow cards, but it was working, all over the pitch we were winning battles. Swift was unlucky to cop a yellow for timewasting, I'm just glad it wasn't Al Habsi who held on to the ball for at least 15 seconds at one point!

Obita' goal was well taken. Al Habsi should have dealt better with the initial shot.

The neutral end is amazing (great but weird), are Fulham the only team that allows it?! Great stadium, great stewards and staff, great ticket prices.

Stam is the real deal, but we knew that already.

I can see a very different set up at home with Beerens and McCleary returning in a 4-3-3.

Let's finish the job now, only 2 wins needed and we're back in the premier league.

Too nobbing

I prefer your rating system rather than the numbers.

That last sentence makes my stomach go all squirty

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 May 2017 06:13

On the way back from town on the train I was starving hungry.

Drunkenly ordered pizza online for delivery which came.

Realised this morning I spent £45 on the fukers. 3 pizzas including one Super Size plus a side of chicken dippers.

Drunkenly ate about 4 slices and then fell asleep

:x

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 14 May 2017 07:20

urz13
WestRoyal

I stand corrected :D

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 May 2017 07:44

urz13
WestRoyal

It doesn't but if Fulham will need to score a penalty if it comes to spotkicks ;) so technically they need to score at least once as do we

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 May 2017 08:22

WestRoyal

I was being sarcastic. The media have been wetting themselves so much about Fulhams away form.
Let's keep the pressure on Fulham and keep billing them as the favourites and us as the underdogs.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 14 May 2017 08:32

The tactics from Jaap were superb. We weren't pressing the ball so much, it was more of a positional press. We just commited the men forward to block off all the passing lanes giving Fulham nowhere to go. Sacrificing our own style was the right way to go & expect to see similar on Tuesday. We have to accept there a better footballing side.

Couple of points, the Swift comments are harsh. How can you expect to see the best from him when he had minimal passes into his feat. We were very direct & that's not his game.

Obita had been really getting into form, big blow if out on Tuesday. I loved the passion from Williams, I guess he knows these are potentially his final games for us.

Al-Habsi 5

McShane- 5
Moore - 8
Blackett- 8

Gunter - 7
Evans - 7
Williams- 8
Obita -9

Swift - 6

Grabban -6
Yann -7

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 May 2017 09:15

Do I have my RTGs on, or has the reaction from the media and Fulham fans been completely unjustified? Anyone would think that they're England '66 and we're Argentina '66.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 May 2017 09:23

The game was a draw but I think it was a tactical triumph for Stam. Set us up perfectly and I thought we did a great job of containing them.

Obita played really well and the excellent goal makes him my MOTM

Williams was close behind with his non-stop work.

McShane was unlucky with the red in the sense that he went hard at the ball but it got moved away from him and he caught the man. Knew it'd be a red straight away which was a fair decision.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 May 2017 09:24

I'm sure the away support was great but at times couldn't hear them that much on the tv. I suspect Sky didn't put a mic near them for fear it would expose the mighty Fulham myth and drown out the cardboard clappers! :twisted: