Tinpot

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Tinpot

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2017 13:13

You could almost understand 16 year olds doing it. Some false misguided sense of bravado stemming from an insucirity and inferior complex mascarading as overconfidence etc. It's fair enough, they're kids, they're supposed to be ignorant and stupid.

What's unfortunately worse is that this "tinpot" shit is a mantra uttered by grown ass middle aged oxf*rd men up and down the country. Seriously, get a life.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 May 2017 13:23

CountryRoyal You could almost understand 16 year olds doing it. Some false misguided sense of bravado stemming from an insucirity and inferior complex mascarading as overconfidence etc. It's fair enough, they're kids, they're supposed to be ignorant and stupid.

What's unfortunately worse is that this "tinpot" shit is a mantra uttered by grown ass middle aged oxf*rd men up and down the country. Seriously, get a life.

Presumably the same ones who spend all game making gestures to the other fans.

I can understand giving the finger (lol) or wvanker sign and all that. But I don't get grown men shouting across to the away stand and pointing "outside... meet me outside, c'mon then".

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2017 13:24

bobby1413
CountryRoyal You could almost understand 16 year olds doing it. Some false misguided sense of bravado stemming from an insucirity and inferior complex mascarading as overconfidence etc. It's fair enough, they're kids, they're supposed to be ignorant and stupid.

Presumably the same ones who spend all game making gestures to the other fans.

I can understand giving the finger (lol) or wvanker sign and all that. But I don't get grown men shouting across to the away stand and pointing "outside... meet me outside, c'mon then".

My biggest pet hate about football. It's oxf*rd pathetic.

Now if there is one thing that warrants the word "embarrassing", it's that.

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 15 May 2017 13:38

bobby1413
Glory Boy
CountryRoyal
You get a second place trophy.

Never knew that. It seems these days trophies are dished around like confetti. Still think its embarrassing and sad to parade around with a "second best" trophy.

I don't see any issue.

Brighton have for the first time in their history been promoted into the top tier. Rightly they wanted to celebrate, if they get a trophy for coming second then I'd find it weirder to not have it displayed.

Second although first time to Premier League.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 May 2017 14:29

bobby1413
Maguire Whats does "tinpot" mean?

I know it's the word of choice for teenage football fans on t'internet but what does it mean?

I've unfollowed tons of people on twatter for using words like "irrelevant" and "tinpot", "embarrassing" when describing other teams.

I was thinking one of the things I hate most about social media and modern football is the fact that it gives a platform to so many idiots from other clubs (ours probably included).

People who believe that the following are massively critical things that somehow provide credibility and authenticity to a club, it's achievements, it's history and how "valid" they are:

Home attendance
Away numbers
Crowd Noise
Empty seats
History
Fan demographic
Away day experience
Club initiatives
Fans sitting down rather than standing
Size of the club (whatever this means)

So to fans who consider the above list to be a valid way to judge a team, you should know that it has absolutely no relevance or impact on the success of a club, or it's right to be where they are.

I make this post with fans of ALL clubs (RFC included) as each club seems to have it's fair share of absolute d1cks.

I find the whole thing to be ridiculous really. Fans on Twitter all messaging each other saying "You're irrelevant, empty seats in your ground hahaha".... yes, ok, and what?

If a club gets promoted and yet doesn't sell out, so? Does that mean something?
Does your club sell out every single game? Great, if they do, that's smashing.

Irrelevant really gets my goat. It's the new tinpot.
Reading are irrelevant because they've got shit away support :!: No, that's irrelevant.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 May 2017 14:33

Pepe the Horseman Irrelevant really gets my goat. It's the new tinpot.
Reading are irrelevant because they've got shit away support :!: No, that's irrelevant.

Same, especially when fans like Fulham were saying it about 2 weeks ago.

Ironically we could not be more relevant as we are occupying a play off place you idiots!

Also fans of clubs in the same league. We are relevant as you play us at twice in the league, so we, like the other teams in the division are 100% relevant.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 May 2017 19:10

Classic from NSC:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthrea ... ing-TINPOT
They still have tickets available for the second leg of the playoffs. Now that is tinpot!

Pretty sure we didn't sell out against Palace in 2013?

Or last year against Wednesday.

or Derby in 2014.

Is this the 'tinpot' Reading who have spent more time than us in the top two divisions in the last thirty years and finished 8th in the Premier League ten years back ?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 15 May 2017 19:50

I think they're getting confused. Blowing a 7 point lead with 3 games to go to drop the title is 'tinpot'. Winning it twice is not.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 May 2017 00:48

Just the 5th visit to Wembley at the end of the month. not too bad for little tinpot Reading. a another win is slightly overdue though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2017 00:53

Tinpot and we know we are
Tinpot and we know we are

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 May 2017 02:20

Now that we're in the final do we upgrade to a slightly more valuable metal? Can we now be Aluminium Pot?

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 17 May 2017 06:14

If you're tinpot and you know it clap your hands (clap clap)
If you're tinpot and you know it clap your hands (clap clap)
If you're tinpot and you know it
Tinpot and you know it
Tinpot and you know it clap your hands (clap clap)

Tinpot and rhythmic clapping - We are SOOOOOO good at that!!!!!!

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 17 May 2017 19:47

No one likes us
No one likes us
No one likes us
We don't care
We are Tinpot
Super Tinpot
We are Tinpot & we know we are!

Is that song a bit too tinpot?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 17 May 2017 20:17

One of the worst things about the internet is having to hear other teams opinions and petty squabbles about history or lack of it. It used to just be that Man Utd fans lived in London, Liverpool fans were burglars, Millwall were scum and Arsenal played in a library and that would be about it. Sure they'd be comedy chants of sheep shaggers to any team from wales, dirty northern bastards from anyone above Watford and gheys for Brighton, but after the game you could just forget about it because it was all pretty much in jest.

But now everybody's got an opinion about everyone else, they post them up on internet among boards, it snowballs further, with younger fans now believing it as truth, and it's all just so very fukking dull.

Davezk

by Davezk » 17 May 2017 22:22

Tin pot final confimred

alfie9

by alfie9 » 17 May 2017 22:28

Wednesday and Fulham should play their own final for the "Best team in the Championship" trophy :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2017 22:29

For the record NSC have another topic on us being tinpot.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 17 May 2017 22:32

The EFL presents The Clash of the Shitans.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 22:34

Scutterbucketz One of the worst things about the internet is having to hear other teams opinions and petty squabbles about history or lack of it. It used to just be that Man Utd fans lived in London, Liverpool fans were burglars, Millwall are scum and Arsenal played in a library and that would be about it. Sure they'd be comedy chants of sheep shaggers to any team from wales, dirty northern bastards from anyone above Watford and gheys for Brighton, but after the game you could just forget about it because it was all pretty much in jest.

But now everybody's got an opinion about everyone else, they post them up on internet among boards, it snowballs further, with younger fans now believing it as truth, and it's all just so very fukking dull.

Corrected for you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2017 22:38

alfie9 Wednesday and Fulham should play their own final for the "Best team in the Championship" trophy :lol:

:lol: :lol: