Tinpot

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Tinpot

by Scutterbucketz » 17 May 2017 22:52

tidus_mi2 For the record NSC have another topic on us being tinpot.

Yes, they are getting worked up about a crappy little animation that I don't think has even been discussed on here. I think most reasonable people would just look at it for the 15 or so seconds it runs, think to themself "that's a bit shit" before giving a shrug and get on with their day. But not Brighton fans. It's really got their "hate boner" tenting.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 17 May 2017 22:54

tidus_mi2 Tinpot and we know we are
Tinpot and we know we are

I look forward to broadcasting this on the 29th

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2017 22:55

They really are tiresome - you'd have thought if you've just won promotion to the premier league for the first time you'd be pretty happy and then can get on with the rest of your lives, rather than endlessly trawling through other teams media accounts to find some minor thing they can add to their book of tinpot.

Cute really, we're so irrelivent they still care about us.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 17 May 2017 23:02

bobby1413
Glory Boy
CountryRoyal
You get a second place trophy.

Never knew that. It seems these days trophies are dished around like confetti. Still think its embarrassing and sad to parade around with a "second best" trophy.

I don't see any issue.

Brighton have for the first time in their history been promoted into the top tier. Rightly they wanted to celebrate, if they get a trophy for coming second then I'd find it weirder to not have it displayed.

Second time.1978 to 1983.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 17 May 2017 23:27

Football didn't really start until 1992 btw so it doesn't count

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2017 07:43

CountryRoyal
alfie9 Wednesday and Fulham should play their own final for the "Best team in the Championship" trophy :lol:

:lol: :lol:

They'd just have to give it to Leeds and Brighton anyway.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 18 May 2017 08:33

Brighton's hate boner - love it :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 May 2017 08:35

LOL @ Sky trying to big up a match between the 2 least fashionable teams in the division

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2017 08:36

Winston Biscuit LOL @ Sky trying to big up a match between the 2 least fashionable teams in the division

Burton and Barnsley will be really pissed.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 May 2017 08:37

Winston Biscuit LOL @ Sky trying to big up a match between the 2 least fashionable teams in the division

:lol: serves them right for leading the way on the SW/Fulham charge.

Great though, two teams who were almost relegated last season are in the play off final this season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 May 2017 08:44

Stranded

Burton are very much this seasons hipster club, folk would go nuts for them if they had a chance of going up.

Sky would spaff themselves empty with the whole rags to riches/fairystory stuff
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 18 May 2017 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 08:50

Winston Biscuit
Stranded

Burton are very much this seasons hipster club, folk would go nuts for them if they had a chance of going up.

That would be bizarre with their average attendance of 4k or whatever it is. Would be funny though

I suspect the only thing Sky really have to go is Stam vs Klopp's best buddy. Suspect that will be done to death. AAH/Yann are quite good stories but there really isn't that much else to interest the casual viewer

Some northern club with no history (after '92) vs boring irrelevant club from some town somewhere near London doesn't really excite the masses

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 May 2017 09:33

May 29th - 2017 - 3pm - Your beloved Reading FC are playing Huddersfield Town for a place in the Premier League.

Cast your mind back to April 30th 2016 and that dire home defeat to Preston or anyone of the 6 winless games in April that month.

Reading FC are taking us to Wembley - another magical experience at Wembley. Where this time, maybe this time we will have an opportunity to believe, cheer and celebrate a return to the Premier League via the Play Off's.

Villa, Forest, Norwich, Leeds, Birmingham, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Wolves - list goes on wont have this experience....

Let this all sink in.

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 18 May 2017 09:58

"Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds"

Hmmm........really struggling to think of what is the most appropriate word that suits Brighton.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 18 May 2017 10:08

Glory Boy "Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds"

Hmmm........really struggling to think of what is the most appropriate word that suits Brighton.

Tosspot.

We can have the T-Pot derby next season (subject to Hudders, of course).

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 May 2017 10:13

Hound
Winston Biscuit
Stranded

That would be bizarre with their average attendance of 4k or whatever it is. Would be funny though

I suspect the only thing Sky really have to go is Stam vs Klopp's best buddy. Suspect that will be done to death. AAH/Yann are quite good stories but there really isn't that much else to interest the casual viewer

Some northern club with no history (after '92) vs boring irrelevant club from some town somewhere near London doesn't really excite the masses

You make it sound as if the likes of George Evans come across boring..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2017 10:21

Glory Boy "Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds"

Self-deluding.

Not being able to realise that they are essentially the same club as us. Yes, probably with more fans but they are where they are now generally due to a rich fan (or fans) who wanted to a) save the club and b) take it as far as they can. We were saved and moved to a new stadium, as have they. The only difference is we did it about 15 years before them.

I think they dislike us, as when they really think about it and look at themselves as a club they see that they are just another club having some success as someone is pumping some money in.

Look at the comparisons:

Both in the Southern League
Both joined the FL in 1920
Brighton have spent 64 years in the 3rd tier or lower we've had 65
They've had 4 years in the top flight, we've had 3

Both clubs have been turned into higher level Championship/potential regular PL clubs by someone coming in with money.

So the only thing I can see that is different really, is one FA Cup final appearance and a Charity Shield win in 1910 and they get bigger crowds currently with an arguably bigger catchment area - that's it. Be hard pushed to find two clubs with such similar stories and that is the problem for them I think as some think they are bigger than that.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 May 2017 10:38

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2017 12:19

I find it slightly strange how we have been so completely ignored by the media. Not a bad thing particularly, but I find it strange that there has been so little coverage of our win (even Udders have had a few back pages etc), and also I've seen absolutely none of our players linked elsewhere - not even out of contract Williams. Likewise no players linked with us 'if we go up' bar a few virtual unknowns.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 May 2017 12:54

Stranded Self-deluding.

Not being able to realise that they are essentially the same club as us. Yes, probably with more fans but they are where they are now generally due to a rich fan (or fans) who wanted to a) save the club and b) take it as far as they can. We were saved and moved to a new stadium, as have they. The only difference is we did it about 15 years before them.

I think they dislike us, as when they really think about it and look at themselves as a club they see that they are just another club having some success as someone is pumping some money in.

Look at the comparisons:

Both in the Southern League
Both joined the FL in 1920
Brighton have spent 64 years in the 3rd tier or lower we've had 65
They've had 4 years in the top flight, we've had 3

Both clubs have been turned into higher level Championship/potential regular PL clubs by someone coming in with money.

So the only thing I can see that is different really, is one FA Cup final appearance and a Charity Shield win in 1910 and they get bigger crowds currently with an arguably bigger catchment area - that's it. Be hard pushed to find two clubs with such similar stories and that is the problem for them I think as some think they are bigger than that.

Bang on. Only three clubs, I believe, have played us in league competition more than Brighton - Swindon, Watford and Bournemouth.