Tinpot

The Informant

Re: Tinpot

by The Informant » 18 May 2017 13:15

[quote="Winston Biscuit"]LOL @ Sky trying to big up a match between the 2 least fashionable teams in the division[/quote

Jesus, we really are self depreciating.

Plenty less fashionable than us

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 May 2017 13:18

quote fail^

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 18 May 2017 13:24

add in that we 'stole' Coppell and went on to have the most successful period in our history with him at the helm (lol)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2017 13:28

jd82 add in that we 'stole' Coppell and went on to have the most successful period in our history with him at the helm (lol)

Probably what it boils down to in the end - we "stole" Coppell, Sidwell and Ingimarrsson and had a great time whilst they frankly didn't.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 18 May 2017 13:40

TBM

:lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 May 2017 14:45

Stranded
Glory Boy "Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds"

Hmmm........really struggling to think of what is the most appropriate word that suits Brighton.

Self-deluding.

Not being able to realise that they are essentially the same club as us. Yes, probably with more fans but they are where they are now generally due to a rich fan (or fans) who wanted to a) save the club and b) take it as far as they can. We were saved and moved to a new stadium, as have they. The only difference is we did it about 15 years before them.

I think they dislike us, as when they really think about it and look at themselves as a club they see that they are just another club having some success as someone is pumping some money in.

Look at the comparisons:

Both in the Southern League
Both joined the FL in 1920
Brighton have spent 64 years in the 3rd tier or lower we've had 65
They've had 4 years in the top flight, we've had 3

Both clubs have been turned into higher level Championship/potential regular PL clubs by someone coming in with money.

So the only thing I can see that is different really, is one FA Cup final appearance and a Charity Shield win in 1910 and they get bigger crowds currently with an arguably bigger catchment area - that's it. Be hard pushed to find two clubs with such similar stories and that is the problem for them I think as some think they are bigger than that.

Spot on. Been saying this for a few years - we're incredibly similar to Brighton, just got on our recent upward trajectory ten years earlier (building of the MadStad, making the PL in '06).

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 May 2017 15:37

Stranded
Glory Boy "Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds"

Hmmm........really struggling to think of what is the most appropriate word that suits Brighton.

Self-deluding.

Not being able to realise that they are essentially the same club as us. Yes, probably with more fans but they are where they are now generally due to a rich fan (or fans) who wanted to a) save the club and b) take it as far as they can. We were saved and moved to a new stadium, as have they. The only difference is we did it about 15 years before them.

I think they dislike us, as when they really think about it and look at themselves as a club they see that they are just another club having some success as someone is pumping some money in.

Look at the comparisons:

Both in the Southern League
Both joined the FL in 1920
Brighton have spent 64 years in the 3rd tier or lower we've had 65
They've had 4 years in the top flight, we've had 3

Both clubs have been turned into higher level Championship/potential regular PL clubs by someone coming in with money.

So the only thing I can see that is different really, is one FA Cup final appearance and a Charity Shield win in 1910 and they get bigger crowds currently with an arguably bigger catchment area - that's it. Be hard pushed to find two clubs with such similar stories and that is the problem for them I think as some think they are bigger than that.

Most Brighton fans won't share your opinion. So let's hope they don't engage with you.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 18 May 2017 16:03

Hound I find it slightly strange how we have been so completely ignored by the media. Not a bad thing particularly, but I find it strange that there has been so little coverage of our win (even Udders have had a few back pages etc), and also I've seen absolutely none of our players linked elsewhere - not even out of contract Williams. Likewise no players linked with us 'if we go up' bar a few virtual unknowns.

Happy if it stays that way, frankly.

North London Royal

by North London Royal » 18 May 2017 16:24

Hi all... Been lurking round here for a while and thought it about time I said something!

Now I appreciate that opposition fans are jumping on the 'tinpot' bandwagon through jealousy, bitterness, and disappointment at their seasons not going to plan, but I still find it bleedin' annoying - hence the reason I decided to post something...

Personally I like the fact that we still get excited about success and wouldn't want it any other way. When Newcastle got promoted, it didn't look like they were even bothered.

Anyway, bring on Wembley...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 May 2017 16:43

**** off newbie :wink:

North London Royal

by North London Royal » 18 May 2017 16:50

Sutekh **** off newbie :wink:

Was expecting that. :)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2017 19:23

North London Royal
Sutekh **** off newbie :wink:

Was expecting that. :)

It makes me really happy when someone gets that.

Welcome (and oxf*rd off newbie) :)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 May 2017 19:24

One of the worst HNA memes tbf

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 May 2017 19:30

genome One of the worst HNA memes tbf

oxf*rd off pcunt!

Stanley

by Stanley » 18 May 2017 19:34

You guys are quite aggressive aren't you?

Aren't we all Reading fans?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 18 May 2017 20:50

Stanley You guys are quite aggressive aren't you?

Yup. :)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 May 2017 22:06

You're new here aren't you?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 May 2017 00:38

Royal With Cheese

You're new here aren't you?

:?