Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 15:48

a skill in itself, like a gr8 dive

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 May 2017 16:43

Maguire Agree with all that. Regardless of frame-by-frame breakdowns it really looked like a penalty in real time because of the arm movement.

Agreed. Just don't say Yann hand-balled it too. It will lead to a few meltdowns.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 16:46

Maneki Neko a skill in itself, like a gr8 dive

Gunter? he certainly produced a few over the 2 legs.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 May 2017 16:57

Hound
Maneki Neko a skill in itself, like a gr8 dive

Gunter? he certainly produced a few over the 2 legs.

Did enjoy when Gunts bought a free kick in the SE corner then turned round to the Fulham fans, just like he did to the Stevenage rd stand in the first leg.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 May 2017 17:40

Did anyone else notice that the ball boys(persons) were stood down by the royals half way through the 2nd half - nice bit of time wasting :D

Stanley

by Stanley » 17 May 2017 18:13

Royals and Racers Did anyone else notice that the ball boys(persons) were stood down by the royals half way through the 2nd half - nice bit of time wasting :D

I noticed Fulham taking their time until we went one up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2017 18:55

Royals and Racers Did anyone else notice that the ball boys(persons) were stood down by the royals half way through the 2nd half - nice bit of time wasting :D

I did notice McCleary frantically gesturing at one of them not to rush to throw the ball back to him for a throw!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2017 18:58

Stranded
Maguire Agree with all that. Regardless of frame-by-frame breakdowns it really looked like a penalty in real time because of the arm movement.

And lets face it, if Yann made him do it, he is some kind of evil genius to pull his arm back and release it at just the right time to ensure the ball was at a perfect height for the arm to propel forward and make contact with the ball.

Sky commentary team said at the time that the defender had been stupid, had clearly hoped that the ref wouldn't see and that 9 times out of 10 penalties are given in that situation. Will the Fulham management and the not too bright element of their fan base now try to claim Sky were bias in our favour? :lol: :lol:

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 17 May 2017 19:11

Anyone know where I can watch a full re-run of the game? Can't find anything apart 5 minutes highlight on catch up?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 17 May 2017 19:23

BR0B0T
Maneki Neko
IceIceGylfi Yes! After all the talk about odds, tactics, injuries, suspensions, etc. We have overcome Fulham - Still cannot believe we hung on for so long, major credit to Ali. I'm still in awe. What a game, what a season. Jaap Stam; I love you. Also shout out to Seahawk, heard you on BBCRB; hope you can make it over!

MOTM goes to JVDB for me, so calm and disciplined which is remarkable considering his fitness.

URZZZZZZZZ!

also heard hawkerz on the radio and that only made my evening even more special.

xxx

it made it less special for me!

Cheers m8s! (Even you Br0b0t!)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 May 2017 19:25

i'm only being a dick for the attention

I think there may be something wrong
with me!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2017 21:04

BR0B0T i'm only being a dick for the attention

I think there may be something wrong
with me!

Spoken like a Fulham fan! :wink:

It's only now really starting to sink in as to how absolutely superb the atmosphere was last night and how fantastic our fans were. There were times last night when the Mad Stad really must have felt a very intimidating place to visit.

I can't actually remember getting to my feet towards the end of the game but as I was standing I looked around and saw that virtually all of our supporters, men, women, kids of all ages were also standing, chanting at the top of their voices, clapping and urging the team on. As the Sky commentators said 'The Reading fans really have roared their team home tonight'.

Either Sky have turned their mics down or the Sheff Weds fans are making nowhere near the same amount of noise as the Royals fans last night.

A massive thanks to the media and the mouthy element of the Fulham support whose hype, boasts, arrogance and insults directed at everything RFC only served to truly fire our team and supporters up and spur them on in the best possible way.

And finally a massive boo to the steward who I have just spotted on the Sky recording charging ten yards to haul back a supporter by the neck as they tried to get onto the pitch at least 5 minutes after the battle to stop the invasion had been lost and there were already thousands of fans on the pitch. Well done sir, you great bully, and congratulations on your ability to pick out one of the smallest targets available at the time. :twisted:

Stanley

by Stanley » 17 May 2017 21:26

seahawk10
BR0B0T
Maneki Neko
also heard hawkerz on the radio and that only made my evening even more special.

xxx

it made it less special for me!

Cheers m8s! (Even you Br0b0t!)

Wow. Do you guys all know each other?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 May 2017 21:59

RoyalBlue And finally a massive boo to the steward who I have just spotted on the Sky recording charging ten yards to haul back a supporter by the neck as they tried to get onto the pitch at least 5 minutes after the battle to stop the invasion had been lost and there were already thousands of fans on the pitch. Well done sir, you great bully, and congratulations on your ability to pick out one of the smallest targets available at the time. :twisted:

Probably the same guy that basically assaulted a fan who was running on when there were already a couple of hundred on and no one else gave a shit last time we had a pitch invasion. He basically hauled him to the ground by pulling his hoody around his neck and was all but punching him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 May 2017 01:25

Irvinchangeyaname Anyone know where I can watch a full re-run of the game? Can't find anything apart 5 minutes highlight on catch up?

http://www.footballorgin.com/championsh ... ch-replay/

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 May 2017 04:03

bobby1413 This whole experience just reinforces my bemusement with people that support Liverpool/Man United, etc... with no connection to the club.

I try to avoid football talk in work, this is one reason that happened yesterday:

Colleague - are you going tonight?
Me - yes, I can't wait as I've just been sick with nerves for a couple of days now, such a big game
Colleague - yes, I know exactly what you mean. When Man United played in the champions league final I had the same feeling

Me - :roll: yes, I'm sure you did as you watched it on TV with no connection to Manchester at all, and having only been to one game there in your entire life (I didn't say this).

Ill have to respectfully pull you up here.

I have no connection to the town of Reading. I am an Australian who decided to follow Reading when I got into supporting football. This was in 2005 / 2006, when Australia made the world cup for the first time.

I saw them in the 05/06 season on TV here, and liked the look of them. I was also going to the Reading festival in 2006. That was it. That is how I picked Reading FC.

I watched their first game in the PL against Middlesbrough while in Amsterdam. I still remember it. After that game, I was fcking hooked.

I listen to Tim Dellor just about every game during each season, at 2am for the majority of it. I used to stay up for the game, now I go to sleep and set my alarm to wake up for kick off. I think in 10 years, I would have missed listening to or watching only 20 games. I used to listen to Peter Fcking Hood before the 2010 / 2011 season.

I have been to 2 games live. First was Coventry at home December 2010. 0-0 bore draw. Second was Derby away where the snow turned most Reading fans around. I was able to get there by train from London. When Shane Long scored the winner in the 88th minute, holy sh!t, what a feeling. One of the best feelings I have felt.

I felt every kick of that game last night. My nerves are still wrecked because of it. I am Reading FC through and through, much to the amusement and albeit respect of my friends.

I just wish I could afford to get over for the playoff final.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to let you know that you don't necessarily need to have a connection like you are referring to, and you can build one.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 May 2017 04:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3Va1IKNAI

Pure comedy gold the only ones who talk sense are the young lads at the end. The rest will be going back to Chelsea next season,

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 18 May 2017 06:53

Jackson Corner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3Va1IKNAI

Pure comedy gold the only ones who talk sense are the young lads at the end. The rest will be going back to Chelsea next season,

BRILLIANT! :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2017 07:35

Mike Hunt
bobby1413 This whole experience just reinforces my bemusement with people that support Liverpool/Man United, etc... with no connection to the club.

I try to avoid football talk in work, this is one reason that happened yesterday:

Colleague - are you going tonight?
Me - yes, I can't wait as I've just been sick with nerves for a couple of days now, such a big game
Colleague - yes, I know exactly what you mean. When Man United played in the champions league final I had the same feeling

Me - :roll: yes, I'm sure you did as you watched it on TV with no connection to Manchester at all, and having only been to one game there in your entire life (I didn't say this).

Ill have to respectfully pull you up here.

I have no connection to the town of Reading. I am an Australian who decided to follow Reading when I got into supporting football. This was in 2005 / 2006, when Australia made the world cup for the first time.

I saw them in the 05/06 season on TV here, and liked the look of them. I was also going to the Reading festival in 2006. That was it. That is how I picked Reading FC.

I watched their first game in the PL against Middlesbrough while in Amsterdam. I still remember it. After that game, I was fcking hooked.

I listen to Tim Dellor just about every game during each season, at 2am for the majority of it. I used to stay up for the game, now I go to sleep and set my alarm to wake up for kick off. I think in 10 years, I would have missed listening to or watching only 20 games. I used to listen to Peter Fcking Hood before the 2010 / 2011 season.

I have been to 2 games live. First was Coventry at home December 2010. 0-0 bore draw. Second was Derby away where the snow turned most Reading fans around. I was able to get there by train from London. When Shane Long scored the winner in the 88th minute, holy sh!t, what a feeling. One of the best feelings I have felt.

I felt every kick of that game last night. My nerves are still wrecked because of it. I am Reading FC through and through, much to the amusement and albeit respect of my friends.

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to let you know that you don't necessarily need to have a connection like you are referring to, and you can build one.

Good post. Good man.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 May 2017 07:55

Mike Hunt Ill have to respectfully pull you up here.

You listen to Tim Dellor every game which is 2am your time? Ok, you're either very passionate or absolutely insane :wink:

But seriously, massive respect to you for being so dedicated. Good post too, hope you get to some more games soon

204 posts