by Cureton's Volley » 16 May 2017 22:41

Tits, arse & fanny.

All at once 8)

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by PieEater » 16 May 2017 22:51

That was oxf*rd excellent, really tense after we got ahead and then started hoofing it but who cares.

If only Swifty would of got that second I'd of not been as stressed but in the end we did enough.

AAH made one cracking save but apart from that and a dubious free kick Fulham were well beaten.

Wembley here we come!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 May 2017 22:52

I'm gonna feel that one in the morning...

Amazing stuff.

Started really well, really imposed ourselves on them. They got back into it a bit but lacked quality. Some mix ups by VDB and Blackett were particularly embarassing. Ali was excellent. Kermorgant completely outstanding. And a big word for Gunter - brilliant game. Don't see why so many on here were bleating for us to sign Fredericks, Gunter is head and shoulders above him. Anyway, we started the second half really well and then never really looked like conceding although I was sure we would. Shame we couldn't make it two or three.

On to Wembley!

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 May 2017 22:57

Back at home. Just poured myself a large one to sit and enjoy the occasion and a bit of hobnobbin to boot.
From where we have been for the last two seasons that was nothing short of amazing.
Someone on BBRC made a comment that it's nights like these that will make his kids fans for life.

Our esteemed nobber from across the pond was also on BBCRB post match before getting onto check air tickets. Hope you make it my friend.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 16 May 2017 22:59

SCIAG I'm gonna feel that one in the morning...

Amazing stuff.

Started really well, really imposed ourselves on them. They got back into it a bit but lacked quality. Some mix ups by VDB and Blackett were particularly embarassing. Ali was excellent. Kermorgant completely outstanding. And a big word for Gunter - brilliant game. Don't see why so many on here were bleating for us to sign Fredericks, Gunter is head and shoulders above him. Anyway, we started the second half really well and then never really looked like conceding although I was sure we would. Shame we couldn't make it two or three.

On to Wembley!

Gunter was incredible tonight.

But, defending like they did when it got so scrappy, they all were.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 May 2017 23:00

Great performance overall, sure some hiccups but they were so well organised for the most part, not even the gobby shit in Y20 could spoil the game for me.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 16 May 2017 23:03

I liked illori thought he was superb at the back and very comfortable on the ball

Gunter was great, Williams was everywhere and a big nod to Evans too - you didn't notice him but he kept their midfield pair quiet by plugging that gap they like to create

Oh and obsv for al Habsi motm

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 May 2017 23:07

Great performance by our No 13 as well

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 May 2017 23:07

Amazing tactics over 2 legs. Tough to beat throughout the whole season, installed belief to bounce back and win games after some shocking defeats.

Jaap Stam you are a winner and a miracle worker!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 May 2017 23:07

Big shout out to Jaap for the change of shape after 70 mins, completely nullified them for the last quarter of the game and they were reduced to long shots and hoofing it into the box mostly

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 May 2017 23:08

Very dogged, gutsy performance with Fulham pushing so many men forward for the last half hour it was basically attack v defence.

Can't remember a game where i've been that tense for so long but the relative lack of clear chances for Fulham tells you all you need to know about the resilience.

What an incredible season.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 16 May 2017 23:09

Oilroyal Amazing tactics over 2 legs. Tough to beat throughout the whole season, installed belief to bounce back and win games after some shocking defeats.

Jaap Stam you are a winner and a miracle worker!

+1

Amazing confidence in the players he has to play like that in this division.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 16 May 2017 23:09

Maguire Very dogged, gutsy performance with Fulham pushing so many men forward for the last half hour it was basically attack v defence.

Can't remember a game where i've been that tense for so long but the relative lack of clear chances for Fulham tells you all you need to know about the resilience.

What an incredible season.

And +1 for never ever feeling that tense watching Reading. I didn't think we had it in us to play like that.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 May 2017 23:11

winchester_royal Big shout out to Jaap for the change of shape after 70 mins, completely nullified them for the last quarter of the game and they were reduced to long shots and hoofing it into the box mostly

this. Grabban was incredibly disciplined to do that job

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 May 2017 23:14

Well that was breathless.

Most worked their asses off. Tough and disciplined. Swift came in and out at times, and Grabban can frankly f*ck off. But that was a VERY tense an enjoyable evening :D

Fair play to Jaap

alfie9

by alfie9 » 16 May 2017 23:16

Mentality was the difference tonight. Our players gave it everything, and implemented Jaap's tactics beautifully.

Fulham's only plan B was substituting their pacey wingers for other pacey wingers. The inexperience of most of their players showed as well, after our goal captain Cairney's head dropped and he looked off the pace. With more leaders on the pitch I think Fulham would've clawed it back.

What a ride this season has been. The players and staff should be extremely proud of what they've accomplished, no matter what happens on the 29th.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZ

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 16 May 2017 23:20

I wish I could get over for the final from Australia, alas don't have the financials to do that right now.

I could hardly watch the last 15 minutes. So intense.

It is really hard to name a stand out from that performance. Kermogant was everywhere. Williams was everywhere. AAH immense.

George Evans was in the right place at the right time for the whole game. He is like car insurance. You don't know he is there until you need him (Stole that from NHunt).

Illori looks so confident on the ball. He had a few moments where he lost his man, but he recovers quickly. Am looking forward to see more of him.

I worry about the future of Jaap. We need to lock that shit down.

RAF Royal

by RAF Royal » 16 May 2017 23:22

Actually back from the pub - and two new found mates (Nick and Matt) - because I was stuck in Exeter for the evening. Couldn't work the return trip around trains/commitments. It was a an awesome performance all round - not often I've felt that comfortable. Yes, we soaked up a shed-load of pressure but, bar a couple of heart-stoppers, felt strangely relaxed. Jaap is just phenomenal. C'mon URZZZZZZZ!

204 posts