Where are you watching the final (if not at Wembley)?

The Good Dai Yongge

Where are you watching the final (if not at Wembley)?

by The Good Dai Yongge » 17 May 2017 14:17

Unfortunately, I am going to be in Boston, Massachusetts on Monday May 29th, where it isn't even a bank holiday. Is anyone else missing the final due to some stupid hare-brained catastrophic cock-up like this?

Does anyone know what US TV channel is going to be showing the match at 10am Eastern Time? I have researched the sports bars, but can't find a definitive answer to this vital question. Fox Sports? NBC Sports? Bein Sports, whatever that is?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Where are you watching the final (if not at Wembley)?

by Geekins » 18 May 2017 09:35

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 May 2017 10:23

Tintagel, I'm assuming there'll be a pub showing it, otherwise I'll be relying on the cottage wifey being fast enough to watch it on my iPad.

I've known for ages and was quietly resigned to missing it but not too pissed off, but now we're actually in the final I'm a bit gutted tbf tbh

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 18 May 2017 10:40

Corfu, l won't be working that day.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2017 11:15

Not a Bank Holiday on the 29th here either but as the game starts at 4pm local time, will knock off early and get to the pub.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 18 May 2017 11:30

Can't get back, so have booked the big outdoor TV and table under the awning at a lovely bar at a nice marina. It is a bank holiday here, so will be there in plenty of time for ko.

I am not remotely worried, I have called every game since Rovrum....and honestly think that with two very evenly matched teams, the difference will be Stam. He ain't done much wrong so far....

Come on you Tinpots!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:33

Silver Fox Tintagel, I'm assuming there'll be a pub showing it, otherwise I'll be relying on the cottage wifey being fast enough to watch it on my iPad.

I've known for ages and was quietly resigned to missing it but not too pissed off, but now we're actually in the final I'm a bit gutted tbf tbh

worth driving back for

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 18 May 2017 12:26

In my father in laws penthouse in Ipanema.

No holiday here so I'm going to have to take a day off work, especially as the game starts at 11 in the morning. Here's hoping I'll be able to see the screen through the smokey haze, and win or lose the game will be followed by a boozey lunch.

Really looking forward to it.

Dave Lad

by Dave Lad » 18 May 2017 13:36

Crown and Sceptre Holsworthy. ( Not too far from Tintagel!)
Cannot get the staff so having a promotion party here. 2.50 per pint, free shots every time Reading score, goalscorer sweepstake, flags, Lady Thai on jukebox! Slight problem, I am the only Royal in town, who cares, cheap beer! 40 mins after final whistle, Karaoke and disco!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 18 May 2017 13:59

Silver Fox otherwise I'll be relying on the cottage wifey being fast enough to watch it on my iPad.

Can't see any possible problems with that, not like BT would have done anything as foolish as spunking away billions on champions league and premier league rights whilst not bothering to update rural broadband like they were supposed to do.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2017 14:03

The Good Dai Yongge Unfortunately, I am going to be in Boston, Massachusetts on Monday May 29th, where it isn't even a bank holiday. Is anyone else missing the final due to some stupid hare-brained catastrophic cock-up like this?

Does anyone know what US TV channel is going to be showing the match at 10am Eastern Time? I have researched the sports bars, but can't find a definitive answer to this vital question. Fox Sports? NBC Sports? Bein Sports, whatever that is?

My daughter and a few fellow Royals she has met up with in Atlanta will be watching it at The Brewhouse (provided they can get them to open up that early). http://www.brewhousecafe.com/

Apparently Bein Sports has a tv channel and a web streaming service. The home semi final was on both, the away leg only the web stream. Haven't heard who is covering the final yet.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2017 14:06

Maneki Neko
Silver Fox Tintagel, I'm assuming there'll be a pub showing it, otherwise I'll be relying on the cottage wifey being fast enough to watch it on my iPad.

worth driving back for

Interrupted our family holiday in North Devon so that my son and I could catch the train up to see the opening match at The Mad Stad. Regret missing the PL Game v Middlesbrough due to a holiday in Greece.

The Good Dai Yongge

by The Good Dai Yongge » 18 May 2017 14:14

RoyalBlue
The Good Dai Yongge Unfortunately, I am going to be in Boston, Massachusetts on Monday May 29th, where it isn't even a bank holiday. Is anyone else missing the final due to some stupid hare-brained catastrophic cock-up like this?

My daughter and a few fellow Royals she has met up with in Atlanta will be watching it at The Brewhouse (provided they can get them to open up that early). http://www.brewhousecafe.com/

Apparently Bein Sports has a tv channel and a web streaming service. The home semi final was on both, the away leg only the web stream. Haven't heard who is covering the final yet.

That's good to know the semi-final was on Bein Sports, even if only on streaming for one of the legs, so hopefully it will be shown. Trouble is, we fly in the night before, so there's not a lot of time to find out once we're there. If you do find out who's covering the final, please post on here. Thanks.

Royal Carson

by Royal Carson » 19 May 2017 06:24

I'll be watching it in a bar in Suzhou, China. It's Dragon Boat Festival so I have the Tuesday off too so I can really enjoy myself now considering it's a 10pm ko here :D Much easier than 2:45 am for the second leg on Wednesday morning.

lolwut

by lolwut » 19 May 2017 07:02

In the office on the really slow wifi. I will not be doing any work and will be shouting loudly at my laptop.

NorthStandGirl

by NorthStandGirl » 19 May 2017 08:04

Dave Lad Crown and Sceptre Holsworthy. ( Not too far from Tintagel!)
Cannot get the staff so having a promotion party here. 2.50 per pint, free shots every time Reading score, goalscorer sweepstake, flags, Lady Thai on jukebox! Slight problem, I am the only Royal in town, who cares, cheap beer! 40 mins after final whistle, Karaoke and disco!

I might give Wembley a miss and come to yours, that sounds like cracking fun to me!

We should have a play-off final picture thread, wherever in the world you are, if everyone's not too drunk to take a pic of course.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2017 08:18

For the Arsenal game a largish contingent of the Viking Royals came over from various parts of Scandinavia. Not sure whether they are coming over this time, but I have no doubt in Gothenburg, Oslo, Copenhagen and points in between there will be blond haired titans roaring us on......

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 19 May 2017 11:55

Need to find a bar in Fuerteventura as we're away. We might stand a chance without me at Wembley this time

Dave Lad

by Dave Lad » 19 May 2017 12:40

NorthStandGirl
Dave Lad Crown and Sceptre Holsworthy. ( Not too far from Tintagel!)

I might give Wembley a miss and come to yours, that sounds like cracking fun to me!

We should have a play-off final picture thread, wherever in the world you are, if everyone's not too drunk to take a pic of course.

I will post pics, As far as I know there is one other Royal in the town, but who cares, if I cannot be there I am going to party!

The Good Dai Yongge

by The Good Dai Yongge » 23 May 2017 13:28

I have my answer from goal.com: "In the US, beIN Sports have the rights to Championship matches and will broadcast the final on one of their subscription channels. The match will also be available on FuboTV, an online subscription service which includes beIN Sports."

Here's pretty random Africa-dominated list of countries/TV channels showing the play-off final around the world:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/24738 ... s-reading/

Angola SuperSport 3 Africa
Benin SuperSport 3 Africa
Botswana SuperSport 3 Africa
Burkina Faso SuperSport 3 Africa
Burundi SuperSport 3 Africa
Cameroon SuperSport 3 Africa
Canada beIN Sports Canada, beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV Canada
Cape Verde SuperSport 3 Africa
Central African Republic SuperSport 3 Africa
Chad SuperSport 3 Africa
Comoros SuperSport 3 Africa
Congo SuperSport 3 Africa
Congo DR SuperSport 3 Africa
Cote D'Ivoire SuperSport 3 Africa
Czech Republic DIGI Sport 1
Denmark TV3 Sport 1
Djibouti SuperSport 3 Africa
Equatorial Guinea SuperSport 3 Africa
Eritrea SuperSport 3 Africa
Ethiopia SuperSport 3 Africa
Gabon SuperSport 3 Africa
Gambia SuperSport 3 Africa
Ghana SuperSport 3 Africa
Guinea SuperSport 3 Africa
Guinea-Bissau SuperSport 3 Africa
International Bet365 Live Streaming
Ireland Sky Sports 1/HD UK, SKY GO Extra, Sky Go UK, BBC Radio 5 Live
Kenya SuperSport 3 Africa
Lesotho SuperSport 3 Africa
Liberia SuperSport 3 Africa
Madagascar SuperSport 3 Africa
Malawi SuperSport 3 Africa
Mali SuperSport 3 Africa
Mauritius SuperSport 3 Africa
Mozambique SuperSport 3 Africa
Namibia SuperSport 3 Africa
Niger SuperSport 3 Africa
Nigeria SuperSport 3 Africa, SuperSport 3 Nigeria
RwandaSuperSport 3 Africa
Sao Tome And Principe SuperSport 3 Africa
Senegal SuperSport 3 Africa
Seychelles SuperSport 3 Africa
Sierra Leone SuperSport 3 Africa
Singapore Eleven Singapore
Slovakia DIGI Sport 1
South Africa SuperSport 3, SuperSport 3 Africa
South Sudan SuperSport 3 Africa
Swaziland SuperSport 3 Africa
Tanzania SuperSport 3 Africa
Togo SuperSport 3 Africa
Uganda SuperSport 3 Africa
United Kingdom Sky Sports 1/HD UK, SKY GO Extra, BBC Radio 5 Live, Sky Go UK
United States fuboTV, beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN SPORTS USA, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A.
Zambia SuperSport 3 Africa
Zimbabwe SuperSport 3 Africa
*Don't see your country or favourite channel listed? Let us know and we will include it.