A pundit just backed us!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: A pundit just backed us!

by Nameless » 19 May 2017 17:19

Lawrenson on 5 live - just pointed out that both the teams in the Championship play off final have German managers.

Oh dear...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2017 17:53

Nameless Lawrenson on 5 live - just pointed out that both the teams in the Championship play off final have German managers.

Oh dear...

Ha brilliant...

Prutton to be fair has been fairly complementary about us this year. Don't mind him personally.

Certainly a lot worse, the likes of Beagrie and Colin for example

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 May 2017 18:41

Nameless Lawrenson on 5 live - just pointed out that both the teams in the Championship play off final have German managers.

Oh dear...

There was a Football Focus feature on us a few weeks ago, and Lawrenson and another pundit (I think Hamann?) were in the studio. After the piece, Dan Walker tried to generate some conversation about us and both were really struggling with things to say.

I think they trotted out some cliches about how well Stam has done, and something about the playoffs being a lottery. I know Huddersfield fans have been complaining about not even being mentioned at all.

Just goes to show how much knowledge the "football experts" have about clubs outside the fashionable ones.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 May 2017 23:34

genome

Oh dear...

There was a Football Focus feature on us a few weeks ago, and Lawrenson and another pundit (I think Hamann?) were in the studio. After the piece, Dan Walker tried to generate some conversation about us and both were really struggling with things to say.

I think they trotted out some cliches about how well Stam has done, and something about the playoffs being a lottery. I know Huddersfield fans have been complaining about not even being mentioned at all.

Just goes to show how much knowledge the "football experts" have about clubs outside the fashionable ones.

I recall at the end of our 2006/7 season, the "experts" on MotD tried to explain why we'd done so well that season. The only one to offer anything was Mark Lawrenson, who said "we had pace". It's not even the puddle-depth one-dimension explanation that troubles me, so much as the fact that that team didn't really even have anyone who was notably quick.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2017 12:40

Football Focus just now...

Danny Murphy fancies Huddersfield because that they've come out of nowhere with a great new manager who changed a lot at the club. Therefore, it's "meant to be" for them.

How the fcuk is that any different to our season :lol: Reading not even mentioned.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 May 2017 10:16

genome Football Focus just now...

Ex-Fulham player Danny Murphy fancies Huddersfield because that they've come out of nowhere with a great new manager who changed a lot at the club. Therefore, it's "meant to be" for them.

How the fcuk is that any different to our season :lol: Reading not even mentioned.

Clarified.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 May 2017 10:40

E aye e aye e aye o
Under the radar we will go
When we get promotion
This is what they'll say
Who are Reading who are Reading?
Never even knew they were in this league did you! I felt sure Fulham would go up !

Coat exit gone

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2017 11:19

bcubed E aye e aye e aye o
Under the radar we will go
When we get promotion
This is what they'll say
Who are Reading who are Reading?
Never even knew they were in this league did you! I felt sure Fulham would go up !

Coat exit gone

I'm not sure that last line scans very well

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2017 11:21

Platypuss

Ex-Fulham player Danny Murphy fancies Huddersfield because that they've come out of nowhere with a great new manager who changed a lot at the club. Therefore, it's "meant to be" for them.

Clarified.

?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 May 2017 11:25

Amazing isn't it. First neither Huddersfield nor Reading get much of a mention as it's all about Fulham and the Sheffield massive. And now they're out it's all Huddersfield - when anyone can remember the name of either of the teams involved that is.

Perhaps SKY might forget to turn up on the day.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 May 2017 11:52

genome
Platypuss

Clarified.

?

"Ex Fulham"

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 May 2017 11:54

Ah, I didn't see the edit.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 25 May 2017 15:41

The Prutton verdict is in

PRUTTON PREDICTS: Huddersfield to win 1-0 with Nahki Wells to score first (20/1 with Sky Bet)

YEEEESSSS. Put your house on us.

pwb

by pwb » 25 May 2017 16:36

When Jaap Stam was appointed the manager, I for one thought that the TV, Media & press etc... would be hanging around him like fly's around a cow pat! little did i know the complete opposite would happen :o

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 25 May 2017 18:55

Adding on the Sky not liking the idea of these two teams being the finalists thing, I just saw an advert for the match and the only clip with either team on in any way were the last few frames where the names were shown. The bloody narrator didn't even say either name!

Conclusion: Sky is shite.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 May 2017 20:18

I suspect that all this media contempt stems from when the club cut back on the media's pre-match dining experience at Elm Park! :wink:

And Lawrenson has never got over this

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 May 2017 21:38

He was at Cardiff then though