Huddersfield fan on train from Maidenhead

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Huddersfield fan on train from Maidenhead

by Mr Optimist » 20 May 2017 08:04

You will have absolutely no problems, easy for trains in from Maidenhead, and as TBM says, 90% of Reading fans will be on the non stop services from Reading. There will be some that get on from suburbs like Tilehurst on the stoppers, or woollyback Royals from more remote/posher parts of Berkshire, but you won't get any trouble, especially if you are wearing your colours.

May the best team win, so long as it is Reading, please God for once!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 May 2017 08:16

BerksTerrier You also hammered us 3-0 on opening day a number of years previous to that, and I could be wrong but think you went up as champions in the end.

Ah, yes, that would be the 93/94 season. We'd flogged Steve Francis to you and played the relatively unknown Neil Hislop aka Shaka in goal that first game of the season! We did indeed go up as champions, I think we all have good memories of that season.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 May 2017 12:21

SpaceCruiser
BerksTerrier You also hammered us 3-0 on opening day a number of years previous to that, and I could be wrong but think you went up as champions in the end.

Ah, yes, that would be the 93/94 season. We'd flogged Steve Francis to you and played the relatively unknown Neil Hislop aka Shaka in goal that first game of the season! We did indeed go up as champions, I think we all have good memories of that season.

That game and transfer also seem to have been the start of Neil Warnock's grudge against Reading.

He was hugely annoyed that the transfer tribunal ordered him to pay £250,000 for Steve Francis, wiping out his entire transfer budget, then with us 2-0 up at HT in that game, he blew a gasket because Mark McGhee walked off down the tunnel whistling a tune.

He has, of course, had numerous other opportunities to get annoyed by us since.