Hob Nob Regular

Re: Huddersfield fan here

by The Cap » 31 May 2017 13:52

Scutterbucketz wrote:
The Cap wrote:
Fnd_hudds wrote:
#teamtinpot :)

Thanks lads, it means a lot.

So what's the general feeling amongst your fans?

Abject misery and disappointment, I imagine.

Very funny Scutters. In the meantime, thanks for the feedback, hudds. Interesting insight there. All the best for next season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 May 2017 13:57

Fnd_hudds
The Cap
Fnd_hudds wrote:
#teamtinpot :)

Thanks lads, it means a lot.

All the best, mate. So what's the general feeling amongst your fans? BTW prepare yourself for that first game at home. Got to say that the atmosphere for our first ever game in the Prem, v 'Boro, was electric. They went 2-0 up in double quick time and started to taunt us with 'This is the Premier League'. By the time our third went in to confirm a 3-2 win, the place just erupted.

I don't want you to think I'm rubbing it in, so sorry if this comes across like that, but the feeling is indescribable. Surreal. We've just been floating around since that final penalty kick. Any and every other aspect of life just seems irrelevant at the moment. If you've seen the footage of Dean Hoyle during the penalty shootout, and the moments after then that's the most accurate depiction I've seen.

For us, this was bigger than a football match, or the premier league. Dean Hoyle saved us from the brink nearly a decade ago with the intention of running his hometown club the way that a hometown club should be run. And to use it to support and develop the local community through his charity "the town foundation" (Town players go and serve breakfast to local kids that can't otherwise afford, he cycled to the ground on Monday to raise money for kids that wouldn't be able to go otherwise, we do an annual bike ride to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance which has so far raised millions, etc. etc.).. Getting to the premier league will be like putting turbo boosters on all of this.

That said, it's so oxf*rd hard though that it had to end like this. The general respect shown from you guys before and after the match will always be remembered by many a Town fan. And just when we thought we'd finished crying, this article emerges. http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... d-town-afc

We had the same feeling back in 2006 with (forgive me) a far better team than you are now, the feeling is amazing I agree, but be warned the jump in class is huge, with the team mentioned, we excelled, and finished 8th, then key players left and we got relegated the following season. then in 2012 we went up again with a team very simular to yours now. we didn`t invest and got outclassed and went down without a wimper.
In a nutshell, enjoy your time in the limelight because if you don`t invest sensibly you will be cut adrift very quickly, the PL takes no prisoners. and playing catch up is very difficult if not impossible.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Jun 2017 09:11

windermereROYAL
Fnd_hudds
The Cap All the best, mate. So what's the general feeling amongst your fans? BTW prepare yourself for that first game at home. Got to say that the atmosphere for our first ever game in the Prem, v 'Boro, was electric. They went 2-0 up in double quick time and started to taunt us with 'This is the Premier League'. By the time our third went in to confirm a 3-2 win, the place just erupted.

I don't want you to think I'm rubbing it in, so sorry if this comes across like that, but the feeling is indescribable. Surreal. We've just been floating around since that final penalty kick. Any and every other aspect of life just seems irrelevant at the moment. If you've seen the footage of Dean Hoyle during the penalty shootout, and the moments after then that's the most accurate depiction I've seen.

For us, this was bigger than a football match, or the premier league. Dean Hoyle saved us from the brink nearly a decade ago with the intention of running his hometown club the way that a hometown club should be run. And to use it to support and develop the local community through his charity "the town foundation" (Town players go and serve breakfast to local kids that can't otherwise afford, he cycled to the ground on Monday to raise money for kids that wouldn't be able to go otherwise, we do an annual bike ride to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance which has so far raised millions, etc. etc.).. Getting to the premier league will be like putting turbo boosters on all of this.

That said, it's so oxf*rd hard though that it had to end like this. The general respect shown from you guys before and after the match will always be remembered by many a Town fan. And just when we thought we'd finished crying, this article emerges. http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... d-town-afc

We had the same feeling back in 2006 with (forgive me) a far better team than you are now, the feeling is amazing I agree, but be warned the jump in class is huge, with the team mentioned, we excelled, and finished 8th, then key players left and we got relegated the following season. then in 2012 we went up again with a team very simular to yours now. we didn`t invest and got outclassed and went down without a wimper.
In a nutshell, enjoy your time in the limelight because if you don`t invest sensibly you will be cut adrift very quickly, the PL takes no prisoners. and playing catch up is very difficult if not impossible.

It's not impossible. There are plenty of ex championship clubs holding their own up there. Huddersfield have a great chance. I hope the next time we meet it is as a premier league fixture.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Jun 2017 09:27

Fnd_hudds That said, it's so oxf*rd hard though that it had to end like this. The general respect shown from you guys before and after the match will always be remembered by many a Town fan. And just when we thought we'd finished crying, this article emerges. http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... d-town-afc

If you're not on3 of the guys who engaged me on Twitter, thanks for the feedback fella. Your support individually and collectively was the best in my opinion of our four finals. Can't hide it though, I'm getting a bit fed up of watching other teams celebrate at Wembley...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Jun 2017 15:44

Top Flight It's not impossible. There are plenty of ex championship clubs holding their own up there. Huddersfield have a great chance. I hope the next time we meet it is as a premier league fixture.
or Wembley FA Cup Final next season, of course it would be only fair to let us have the Wembley win on that occasion.