Huddersfield fan here

GreenTerrier

Re: Huddersfield fan here

by GreenTerrier » 26 May 2017 11:53

UpThePrem What song will Huddersfield have on Monday? No doubt Sweet Caroline will be sung by both sets of fans. Be good if their's is a mutually compatible song as well. Wembley could be rocking for both.

Personally given the events of the past week - a 90,000 strong rendition of 'Stand Up for Manchester' in the build up to kick off would be rousing and a great show of unity and defiance. But that might just be me......

GreenTerrier

by GreenTerrier » 26 May 2017 12:00

Duplicate post
Last edited by GreenTerrier on 26 May 2017 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

The Informant

by The Informant » 26 May 2017 12:31

Hello Green Terrier

May I be the first to say fcuk off and that I hope you lose, your manager leaves and you go back to being a yo yo club between league 1 and the championship where you probably belong.

All this friendly rivalry bollocks is puke inducing.

Fcuk off.

GreenTerrier

by GreenTerrier » 26 May 2017 12:37

The Informant Hello Green Terrier

May I be the first to say fcuk off and that I hope you lose, your manager leaves and you go back to being a yo yo club between league 1 and the championship where you probably belong.

Fcuk off.

Pmsl - I don't give a shit about unity in football - I sincerely hope we win 6-0, but the fact that all of us are attending a huge sporting event a week after a horrific terrorist attack does give cause for some solidarity.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 May 2017 12:54

GreenTerrier
The Informant Hello Green Terrier

Fcuk off.

Pmsl - I don't give a shit about unity in football - I sincerely hope we win 6-0, but the fact that all of us are attending a huge sporting event a week after a horrific terrorist attack does give cause for some solidarity.
I agree except for the 6-0 part.

I also feel we have a duty to try and keep things friendly between both sets of fans, that way the police can focus on keeping us all safe from outside threats instead of wasting manpower and resources keeping us apart.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 May 2017 12:56

Happyterrier Hi guys hope you dont mind me posting here but I seen a few positive post on our forum from your lot and wanted to make one here myself... obviously I a terrier and I want us to win and I loving the fact both our clubs have given sky the final they would hate.. but I so glad that we both made it..2 proper clubs who are happy to be in this final instead of the arrogant opponents and fans we both faced in the semi's just want to congratulate you on the season you have had it been a fairy tale for you lot as much as us and really looking forward the a genuine 50/50 game.. hope it a awesome friendly atmosphere at wembley for the so called "tin pot final" all the best to you ( hope we smash you). Looking forward to a few drinks before (maybe after game) with your fans and may the best team on the day win

Hi, you sound really fit, what are you wearing?

The Informant

by The Informant » 26 May 2017 13:53

Focher
Happyterrier Hi guys hope you dont mind me posting here but I seen a few positive post on our forum from your lot and wanted to make one here myself... obviously I a terrier and I want us to win and I loving the fact both our clubs have given sky the final they would hate.. but I so glad that we both made it..2 proper clubs who are happy to be in this final instead of the arrogant opponents and fans we both faced in the semi's just want to congratulate you on the season you have had it been a fairy tale for you lot as much as us and really looking forward the a genuine 50/50 game.. hope it a awesome friendly atmosphere at wembley for the so called "tin pot final" all the best to you ( hope we smash you). Looking forward to a few drinks before (maybe after game) with your fans and may the best team on the day win

Cloth hat, a broom, a dirty shirt, a pigeon on his shoulder and a whippet on a lead.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 May 2017 14:03

The Informant
Focher

Cloth hat, a broom, a dirty shirt, a pigeon on his shoulder and a whippet on a lead.
but no chip on his shoulder, unlike some.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 May 2017 14:08

Happy Terrier comes across as a slightly more literate version of Dave Royal.

Half Biscuit

by Half Biscuit » 26 May 2017 15:25

Norfolk Royal Happy Terrier comes across as a slightly more literate version of Dave Royal.

Harsh.

Happy Terrier comes across as a thoroughly decent person. As do most of the Terriers fans who bother to comment.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 May 2017 16:07

GUO "tinpot final" in the OP

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 27 May 2017 02:16

I'm looking forward to meeting my Northern cousins.

They talk straight, but more importantly, they have fantastic trains.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 May 2017 20:57

To the OP- Good luck for next year, Buddy. Shocking game today and of the few chances available I think you should have won it in normal time. One particular open goal miss would have had me screwing! Hope you enjoy this feeling for the many months to come and stay up next year. Pass it on to all from Huddersfield. I'd have preferred to win myself but it's a fukking horrible old game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2017 21:27

Good luck, I fear you'll get smashed, as we would have done if we made it. You managed to scrape the win just about, despite managing to miss several gilt edged chances.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 29 May 2017 21:36

I find myself curiously indifferent to how Huddersfield will do next season.

I'd perhaps rather they didn't establish themselves like Swansea though. Not through any kind of bitterness, but it's just that every time I see Swansea in the premier league, I feel like Jim Bowen is putting an arm around our shoulders and saying "lads...come and look at what you could have won"

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 May 2017 21:50

tmesis I find myself curiously indifferent to how Huddersfield will do next season.

I'd perhaps rather they didn't establish themselves like Swansea though. Not through any kind of bitterness, but it's just that every time I see Swansea in the premier league, I feel like Jim Bowen is putting an arm around our shoulders and saying "lads...come and look at what you could have won"

But we had our opportunity the next year but because JM had found the only Russian with no money of his own the club found itself mortgaged to the hilt on a big expensive Russian striker with the goal scoring prowess of a tall Paul Brayson while hoping that splaffing the little remaining loose change on Nick Blackman and Hope Akpan could save the club in the following January. :evil: :roll: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 May 2017 21:57

Jesus Christ I'd actually almost forgotten that we'd signed Akpan and Blackman whilst we were a premier league team :lol:

Think that accurately describes our last stint - clueless.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 May 2017 21:59

Ian Royal Good luck, I fear you'll get smashed, as we would have done if we made it. You managed to scrape the win just about, despite managing to miss several gilt edged chances.

Hate this "both teams would get smashed next year" nonsense. Yeah if either of us kept the same starting 11 we would. Point is Huddersfield will strengthen. In that sense I think we would have been better placed if we had gone up with the new Chinese owners.

Best of luck to Huddersfield. Marginally better side today but far superior fans who deserve it.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 May 2017 00:27

Jagermesiter1871
Ian Royal Good luck, I fear you'll get smashed, as we would have done if we made it. You managed to scrape the win just about, despite managing to miss several gilt edged chances.

Hate this "both teams would get smashed next year" nonsense. Yeah if either of us kept the same starting 11 we would. Point is Huddersfield will strengthen. In that sense I think we would have been better placed if we had gone up with the new Chinese owners.

Best of luck to Huddersfield. Marginally better side today but far superior fans who deserve it.

Indeed! Everyone who said it to me annoyed me. We'll now never know the players Japp would have attracted with the funds he had available. I think it could have only been better than last time.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 May 2017 00:29

tmesis I find myself curiously indifferent to how Huddersfield will do next season.

If you're verging on indifference; why not wish someone well? It doesn't hurt.

I don't care where they finish, but having been there for the first time I hope they enjoy it.