Stay off the pitch!

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stay off the pitch!

by Muskrat » 22 May 2017 13:11

Ian Royal Sadly, a lot of our younger monkey-see-monkey-do bellends will have seen it and decided they should copy,... so if we win I think there's a pretty decent chance we'll follow suit in classless imitation.

Not going to happen under any scenario. I'm really surprised you have such a low opinion of our fans :|

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 May 2017 13:21

North London Royal I have never really understood it to be honest but do think there is a time and a place for it. First and foremost when you've actually won something - I didn't go on the pitch after the Fulham game for example.
+1 Me neither, I did however go onto the pitch after we won the championship v Derby and again when we won the championship for a second time.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 22 May 2017 22:46

Top Flight
oldebiscuit
Top Flight Trust Millwall to be the first club's fans to invade the Wembley pitch.

I think you will find that West Ham did it first in 1923, and they tried it again in 1975 but the Stewards nipped it in the bud
the second time.

I meant the new wembley.

Then perhaps go back and edit you're original post, maybe.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 23 May 2017 01:35

Didn't go on in 05/06 even though it felt like we were two of the few left in the East Stand
Went on after the Forest game as, again, we were two of the few left in the East it just felt like why not. Got there and after a few mins1 thought why.
Those at least I can understand - it was achieving/winning something

Fulham we won the game and a trip to Wembley and a chance of promotion only. Ruined a proper player celebration and the chance for most Fulham players to applaud their fans.
Burnley was the numptiest of all invasions. A sham of an embarrassment of a humiliation.

I don't get why Wembley is more sacred than any other pitch. But then I'm not an England fan - they're my fall back option to desperately extend my real interest in a tournament for another 90 minutes after Ireland inevitably go out.