Huddersfield

W - 3
D - 3
L - 6

Reading

W - 8
D - 1
L - 3

Yet Huddersfield are strong favourites to win this game. I appreciate they qualified for the play offs before us and stepped off the gas a bit but I saw nothing in the games against Sheffield Wednesday that suggested they can just switch their earlier season better form back on again

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Current Form Vs Odds

by Hound » 25 May 2017 12:07

Take all the stats and form etc out of it, and I reckon its a 50/50 chance for both sides personally. Both very similar.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 25 May 2017 13:21

Schards#2 Last twelve games

Huddersfield

W - 3
D - 3
L - 6

Reading

W - 8
D - 1
L - 3

Yet Huddersfield are strong favourites to win this game. I appreciate they qualified for the play offs before us and stepped off the gas a bit but I saw nothing in the games against Sheffield Wednesday that suggested they can just switch their earlier season better form back on again

Why 12 as a parameter?

They aren't strong favs (think) it's about...

53% Hud v Read 47%

we've already done this

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 25 May 2017 13:40

BR0B0T
Schards#2 Last twelve games

Huddersfield

W - 3
D - 3
L - 6

Reading

W - 8
D - 1
L - 3

Why 12 as a parameter?

They aren't strong favs (think) it's about...

53% Hud v Read 47%

we've already done this

I have Reading slightly below that. I've got us at 46% to go up, Huddersfield 54%, but very close.

90 minutes I have 31% Reading, 30% draw, 39% Huddersfield.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 May 2017 14:06

There are so many different variables on a day like that, odds/form really go out of the window. Goals scored etc during the regular season has very little bearing on this game

Best guidance is the play off semis I would say - where both teams looked fairly tight defensively and didn't offer a huge threat up front. Both kept their nerve and their gameplan

Two closely matched sides, two closely matched managers. Potentially a little more big game experience on our side, with the likes of Gunter, AAH, Williams, Blackett, Yann, Moore but not sure how much that will count on the day

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 May 2017 14:28

Hound T
Two closely matched sides, two closely matched managers. Potentially a little more big game experience on our side, with the likes of Gunter, AAH, Williams, Blackett, Yann, Moore but not sure how much that will count on the day

Blackett??

Would add McCleary to the list of players with big-game experience, but don't know why you've included Blackett.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 May 2017 14:37

played a fair few big games for Utd I think. Millions watching on TV etc. Remember him scoring an own goal against Arsenal

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 May 2017 14:43

Hound played a fair few big games for Utd I think. Millions watching on TV etc. Remember him scoring an own goal against Arsenal

For me I guess there's a difference between playing in big games, and having a lot expected of you in those big games. Take your point though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 May 2017 15:47

muirinho
Hound played a fair few big games for Utd I think. Millions watching on TV etc. Remember him scoring an own goal against Arsenal

For me I guess there's a difference between playing in big games, and having a lot expected of you in those big games. Take your point though.

yeah. He is probably the outlier in that lot, prob not so valid. Did forget about Garath

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 25 May 2017 16:07

Huddersfield seriously threatened to go up automatically for a while.

We did not.

And their end of season record owes a fair bit to the weakened line-ups they fielded in the final games.

I think the teams are evenly matched, but they offer more of an attacking threat than we do. However, we are far more clinical.

I'd say they are rightly the favourites, but I also believe that we are going to win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 May 2017 16:11

JimmytheJim Huddersfield seriously threatened to go up automatically for a while.

We did not.

And their end of season record owes a fair bit to the weakened line-ups they fielded in the final games.

I think the teams are evenly matched, but they offer more of an attacking threat than we do. However, we are far more clinical.

I'd say they are rightly the favourites, but I also believe that we are going to win.

TBF we were matching Newcastle and Brighton for a while early on. Huddersfield had a little charge to get near them towards the business end of the season but then faded away without ever really convincing they'd go past one.

The Informant

by The Informant » 25 May 2017 16:48

Ian Royal
JimmytheJim Huddersfield seriously threatened to go up automatically for a while.

We did not.

TBF we were matching Newcastle and Brighton for a while early on. Huddersfield had a little charge to get near them towards the business end of the season but then faded away without ever really convincing they'd go past one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 May 2017 18:11

muirinho

Actually big one to miss is Stam of course. Hopefully his experience will prove beneficial where of course Wagner had little playing history

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 25 May 2017 19:33

Hound
muirinho

Actually big one to miss is Stam of course. Hopefully his experience will prove beneficial where of course Wagner had little playing history

This is a big factor 8)

I loathe to bet on Reading for a big game, but the odds are ridiculous. Play the game game twice we'd expect to win at least once. The odds on offer are longer than that. For once I'm putting my money where my heart is and backing the Royals win.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 May 2017 20:11

I'm not a gambler but surely odds are influenced by where the punters are sticking their money and, given how despised we are by the lovers of the beautiful game, there won't be much money going on RFC!

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 25 May 2017 21:37

Hound
muirinho

Out of interest, Is Yapp Stam registered as a player?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 26 May 2017 12:30

RoyalBlue I'm not a gambler but surely odds are influenced by where the punters are sticking their money and, given how despised we are by the lovers of the beautiful game, there won't be much money going on RFC!

There is, but at some point there's a tipping point. If nobody backed us and Reading were 10,000/1 to win the game - then you'd put a £1 perhaps then, because our chances are greater than 10,000/1. However much people don't like our football when gambling, people will have a price in their mind that they think is fair. The less they think of our side, the higher that price has to be.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 May 2017 13:06

oldebiscuit
Hound
muirinho

Out of interest, Is Yapp Stam registered as a player?

As likely ad Arsenal or Jose being registered I would guess...
The sight of Jaap ripping his suit off revealing full playing kit as we defend a 2-0 lead with 15 to go would be awesome. Nakhi Wells would run and hide behind his mother !

cornflake

by cornflake » 26 May 2017 13:49

LOL !!! I would love that to happen !!!! :lol:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 26 May 2017 21:01

He could do a John Terry and whack his kit on just to lift the trophy :|