How Nervous Are We All?

furthest flung fan

Re: How Nervous Are We All?

by furthest flung fan » 29 May 2017 08:39

I'm a clinical psychologist (- could be handy later today!) The correct question is "How confident are we?" It frames a positive mindset. Sadly, my answer at the moment is "Not very..."

biff

by biff » 29 May 2017 08:52

bricking it.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 May 2017 09:11

I must admit, my feelings about this are kind of weird. It is a HUGE game and I ought to be freaked. (I was for Swansea), but words like "Zen" or "chilled" seem apt.

I got up at six and went for a five mile run at seven. It's like an out of body experience.

WHY? Is it because we are overachieving this year and just getting to Wembley is quite brilliant?

Is it because we don't hate Huddersfield and we LOVED seeing the semis of Fulham and Leeds (and the failures of Norwich and Villa?

Is it the way Jaap seems to flatten all the emotion out of everything?

I just don't get it!

I follow four teams, as it happens, one in each league. One is my home town, Newport, the other, Carlisle, from my first wife, Arsenal and Reading (since I moved to Newbury in 2000).

Newport avoided going out of the league, three minutes from time in the very last game.

Carlisle made the play-offs and lost 6-5 in the last minute to that Jack Stacey goal after a great come-back (but it wasn't disappointing, somehow).

Arsenal played brilliantly to win the FA Cup and beat the crowing Chelsea. (Mertesacker was the 90-minutes of the season)

I just feel it's "in the stars" and I'm so relaxed it's ridiculous.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 29 May 2017 09:15

confident.

Delboy

by Delboy » 29 May 2017 09:23

our executive coach for 29 of us arrives in one hour!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2017 09:38

Now I'm in the hanging about waiting to go catch a train phase, I'm feeling the nerves. Bleugh.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 May 2017 10:59

Starting to feel a little bit edgy now.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 29 May 2017 12:27

Getting nervous now. Pre-game arrangements not helping at all.
Waiting for family to arrive at terminal 4. Will dump them in a taxi to reading, leave car at Heathrow & grab a taxi. It'll cost, but best chance of getting to Wembley in time to hand on tickets to 2 guys from Switzerland and another 2 from work who I got tickets for, before hopefully getting in before kick off.
Then after the game will eventually find out if dog has attacked family or vice versa. Either way expecting some damage.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 May 2017 20:28

Big Ern I'm not nervous at all as I have already accepted we will loose .

Vs Bolton when Archie was about to take the penalty I turned to my friend and said "we will miss this and loose".

Vs Walsall when we went 2-1 up I didn't even celebrate as I knew the momentum was with walsall and we were going ron loose

Vs Swansea we were played off the pitch from the first minute depsite a brief rally in the second half .

I hope to be pleasantly surprised , but honestly think we are cursed in the PlayOffs and it's better to accept our inevitable fate now as opposed to building ones hopes up and then being depressed for weeks afterwards.

exactly my feelings on all these occasions
Is it a Reading thing to be so pessimistic?

Now even more justified of course