Hob Nob Regular

How Nervous Are We All?

by Royal_jimmy » 28 May 2017 19:49

Even vaguely would be an understatement

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: How Nervous Are We All?

by tidus_mi2 » 28 May 2017 19:52

I've been nervous all week, my heart starts racing just thinking about the final tomorrow.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 28 May 2017 19:54

Nervous?. Who would be nervous? I'm not nervous.

Last edited by alfie9 on 28 May 2017 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 May 2017 19:55

I genuinely have never been any less bothered by a play-off.

My only expectancy is a decent performance.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 28 May 2017 20:02

AthleticoSpizz wrote:
I genuinely have never been any less bothered by a play-off.

Same as, and been to them all.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 May 2017 20:03

AthleticoSpizz I genuinely have never been any less bothered by a play-off.

+10000

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 28 May 2017 20:07

I am incredibly relaxed about it. Even the fact that I stand to lose £100 if we lose the play off final doesn't seem to be bothering me either.

I'm just looking forward to a great day at Wembley.

The Informant

by The Informant » 28 May 2017 20:23

The only way this club will grow is to spend a significant amount of time in the Prem. This is our chance to do that and they don't come around very often. Also, the money gained will secure us as a club.

I am nervous but I think we'll win. This is my reward for going home and away all season.

Earley Royal

by Earley Royal » 28 May 2017 20:24

Fairly nervous but also relaxed as its been a fantastic season which we can build on providing Stam stays (indications are that he will). New owners in place who hopefully will provide him with finds to step up another level.

Also don't mind losing to Huddersfield, a team similar to us in many ways. It it was Fulham, LUFC, SWFC...would be a lot more nervous as I hate them all

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 28 May 2017 20:27

I'm remarkably relaxed.

Been to three losing finals. One more won't be the end of the world.

Though it's the "Best way to go up" apparently. Would be nice to give it a whirl
Last edited by The Reverend on 28 May 2017 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 28 May 2017 20:28

I am not nervous. I was nervous before Walsall, I was nervous before Swansea, but this year it just doesn't seem to be as important to me as it was back then.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 May 2017 20:30

I'm not really all that nervous at the moment. I have the feeling I had before passing my driving test (after a couple of failures), not quite "bring it on" (thankfully) but more a restless anticipation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 May 2017 20:52

I didn't think I would be but closer it has got to the game...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2017 20:54

Winchester Royal I am not nervous. I was nervous before Walsall, I was nervous before Swansea, but this year it just doesn't seem to be as important to me as it was back then.

I was so nervous against Walsall I could barely talk.

I'm feeling quite zen about this one. The only other Wembley/Millenium trip I've felt this chilled about was the Arsenal game because I knew we would lose. This time round I just feel that Stam will have done everything right. If we don't win, it wasn't meant to be. I might feel a bit different about 3pm tomorrow though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2017 21:06

CountryRoyal
AthleticoSpizz I genuinely have never been any less bothered by a play-off.

+10000

And here. Although get me on Wembley way and things'll change.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 May 2017 21:08

I'm in two minds. Out of the 3 playoff finals we've been involved in, this seems the one we have the best shout in. And the fact that it's 22 years to the day since the Bolton game is making it a touch more important in my own head. 14 year old me, who was gutted for months after that final, wants this win more than anything.

So, I don't think I've allowed myself to think of a loss. That's nothing to do with the quality of our opponents, but more because we have to fukking win a Playoff final one day.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 May 2017 21:14

Scutterbucketz I'm in two minds. Out of the 3 playoff finals we've been involved in, this seems the one we have the best shout in. And the fact that it's 22 years to the day since the Bolton game is making it a touch more important in my own head. 14 year old me, who was gutted for months after that final, wants this win more than anything.

So, I don't think I've allowed myself to think of a loss. That's nothing to do with the quality of our opponents, but more because we have to fukking win a Playoff final one day.

Who has the worst play off record, in terms of overall and finals? Is it us already?

I think Preston have lost three out of four finals, so unless anyone has bettered that, we're currently joint worst in the final? With 5 failures overall.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 May 2017 21:21

I'm only counting finals.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 28 May 2017 21:31

Scutterbucketz I'm in two minds. Out of the 3 playoff finals we've been involved in, this seems the one we have the best shout in. And the fact that it's 22 years to the day since the Bolton game is making it a touch more important in my own head. 14 year old me, who was gutted for months after that final, wants this win more than anything.

I don't think I agree that this is the one that we have the best shout in. I think we had a great shout in every play off final we've been in and this is no different.

I was 16 for the Bolton final and I was absolutely devastated. Walsall was pretty bad but since then it hasn't felt so bad losing. Actually it has. I was annoyed losing to Rodgers. And I was annoyed losing to a Federici howler against Arsenal when tactically we were brilliant on the day. I think most of us feel relaxed because we have experienced the Premier League twice already and we love the Championship. The Premier League is great, but the Championship is a fantastic competition for a club of our stature. Existing in the prem like Stoke year after year seems a bit boring.
Last edited by Top Flight on 28 May 2017 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 May 2017 21:33

Top Flight

I don't think I agree that this is the one that we have the best shout in. I think we had a great shout in every play off final we've been in and this is no different.

I was 16 for the Bolton final and I was absolutely devastated. Walsall was pretty bad but since then it hasn't been so bad. I think it's because we have experienced the Premier League twice already and we love the Championship. The Premier League is great, but the Championship is a fantastic competition for a club of our stature. Existing like Stoke year after year seems a bit boring.

I wasn't counting Walsall. We should have smashed those pcunts.