Good luck...

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
benjitheman

Good luck...

by benjitheman » 28 May 2017 22:16

I hope it's OK to post this here.

As a bit of an introduction; I'm an exiled Scouser living in Surrey. I have a 10 year son who has Asperger's Syndrome and various other Autistic Spectrum Disorders, like every Father, I wanted my son to follow my choice of football club but then I also wanted to make sure that he never thought football was just a TV programme, so I brought him to Reading vs MK Dons back in August. I was worried he wouldn't like the noise, I was worried he might find the whole thing overwhelming and want to leave but I wanted to give it a go and, that night, he fell in love with your club. He's since learnt every record, every player's squad number and the amount of matches they've played, he knows the whole history and Reading is his team.

We've been throughout the season to several home games and he's in his element every single game. When Reading beat Fulham in the semi-final, he was looking forward to watching the final on TV. Little does he know we're off to Wembley tomorrow.

I just wanted to say good luck and thank you for the way he's been treated by every fan, staff member and player (mainly Ali Al-Habsi) we've come across.

This "tinpot" club has given me and my boy memories that'll last a lifetime and that means the world.

All the best tomorrow.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1