The Shame Your Block Thread

199 posts
Para Handy

Re: The Shame Your Block Thread

by Para Handy » 30 May 2017 19:56

bobby1413
Para Handy Cool. I've no idea what that is but I'm guessing I'd probably be happy to be in there. I've probably been watching Reading before you were born m8. It's fucking laughable people bitching about how much people sing. I mean, really.... a) does it actually matter and b) there were clearly a lot of people (daytrippers, for you obssessed twats) that were there that don't usually attend games. Christ. Maybe we should only be allowed to take 20,000 to Wembley.

Bloody hell PH chill out will you! You should log off the board now if this type of thread annoys you as the forum is full of stuff like this.

Perfectly chilled thanks Bobs. I'm neither agonising over the defeat (hard as it was to take) or worrying about which blocks sung the most.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 30 May 2017 21:11

St. Brynjar Great atmosphere in 108. Surprised to hear so much disappointment at the fans, everyone around me was great.

Which row were you? We were 16. Did you see the near punch up - about row 12 on the right as you look at the pitch?

double d

by double d » 30 May 2017 21:22

Day trippers ruined the entire game. We should only be allowed go take those who have had season tickets and nobody else. Poor atmosphere with the prawn sarnie brigade from pangbourne and sonning.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 May 2017 21:27

You don't half come out with some shite sometimes, double d.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 May 2017 21:32

double d Day trippers ruined the entire game. We should only be allowed go take those who have had season tickets and nobody else. Poor atmosphere with the prawn sarnie brigade from pangbourne and sonning.

I thought you were watching in the weatherspoons?

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 30 May 2017 22:06

Para Handy
Oxon_Royal
Para Handy :lol: Cant believe someone has started a thread called "Shame your Block". Really. Can't. Believe. It. There's bigger things in life than losing a playoff final. There's certainly bigger things in life than worrying about how much your fellow fans are singing at said playoff final.

But this is a Royals fans' forum where we discuss things that mean a lot to us - hence why it is completely relevant.
No-one is saying in the whole scheme of things that it's that important (for instance, compared to the Manchester bombing), but when supporters of their club invest time and money in the biggest game for years, it does become important when their day is made pretty crap by the team and the apathy of fellow so-called supporters!

Oh, yeah. You're the bloke that went to his first game in 5 years right. Next.

No, not 'next' at all.
What exactly is your point, idiot/ where do you live/how many games do you attend in relation to where you live?
Oh, and I believe you may have referred to me as 'm8' in your previous post.
Not your 'mate' (the correct spelling) and by the sound of it never would want to be :)

There's a reason it's my first game in 5 years, mainly down to my location (as most intelligent people would have worked out by now), but also life changes, the amount of available time to travel this far due to my job, etc.
However, if you bothered looking at previous posts, I've been supporting the team for many years.
Incidentally, don't be fooled by my username as this is from many years ago, but I believe it can't be changed without creating a new profile. I don't live anywhere near to **ford!

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 30 May 2017 22:18

Sigh. You really are quite thick. I don't need you to explain how the forum works. Yeah, I referred to you as m8 ironically you dipshit. So, it's your first game game in five years and yet you feel fine slagging off the support that have probably been going far more often than you.

I mean Oxford is so far away right. My point, you thick twat, is that it's not really that important bleating about who is singing or not and, frankly, when you've attended one game in five years, and it's the playoff final, I guess you should maybe shut the oxf*rd up tbf.

Lolz. at asking me how many games I've attended. Probably 1,000 more than you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 May 2017 22:20

Oxon_Royal
Para Handy
Oxon_Royal
But this is a Royals fans' forum where we discuss things that mean a lot to us - hence why it is completely relevant.
No-one is saying in the whole scheme of things that it's that important (for instance, compared to the Manchester bombing), but when supporters of their club invest time and money in the biggest game for years, it does become important when their day is made pretty crap by the team and the apathy of fellow so-called supporters!

Oh, yeah. You're the bloke that went to his first game in 5 years right. Next.

No, not 'next' at all.
What exactly is your point, idiot/ where do you live/how many games do you attend in relation to where you live?
Oh, and I believe you may have referred to me as 'm8' in your previous post.
Not your 'mate' (the correct spelling) and by the sound of it never would want to be :)

There's a reason it's my first game in 5 years, mainly down to my location (as most intelligent people would have worked out by now), but also life changes, the amount of available time to travel this far due to my job, etc.
However, if you bothered looking at previous posts, I've been supporting the team for many years.
Incidentally, don't be fooled by my username as this is from many years ago, but I believe it can't be changed without creating a new profile. I don't live anywhere near to **ford!

Well seeing's how Oxon could refer to Oxfordshire (which I'm guessing isn't the case) but more likely Shrewsbury. Yes it's far away but to use that as an excuse for not going to a single game is a little weak - plenty of northern away games for you to attend at least.

Not judging you, just saying it's not really that great of an excuse (not that you need one). There are expats who live thousands of miles away that attend more than you do.

Just a quick one and slightly OT, do you pronounce it 'Shrew' or 'Shrow'?

Wait nevermind... didn't read your whole post. Where you based?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 30 May 2017 22:28

Now is the appropriate time for this:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 May 2017 22:33

Para just needs to let off a bit of steam then chillax

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 May 2017 22:38

Cureton's Volley Now is the appropriate time for this:

Fit.

I'd pop her corn... aye lads, aye aye. 8) See what i did there?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 30 May 2017 22:45

BR0B0T Para just needs to let off a bit of steam then chillax

I'm chilled thanks. I'm guessing you need attention tho. I mean, why else would you set up another username?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 May 2017 22:47

Just fcuk off and do some press ups muscle Mary.

We need to know where Oxon_royal lives and when he moved there so we can make a value judgement on his non attendance.

Unless he's just been released from prison.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 May 2017 22:49

Para Handy

I'm chilled thanks. I'm guessing you need attention tho. I mean, why else would you set up another username?

Hiya Pumpkin! Just fancied something different m9

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 30 May 2017 23:00

I was in Block 111, Row 11, stood all game. The atmosphere was decent there, although it did seem to be very dis-coordinated from the rest of our end. The area was noisy when it got going, although it did usually take a while for a chant to get going properly. I was with a few people who haven't really been going in the last few years, for various reasons, and they got going after picking up the newer songs. The fact that people who haven't been going can pick up songs after hearing them a few times can make some noise, it makes me think that the lack of atmosphere elsewhere in our end is more to do with people not being arsed, rather than not knowing songs.

The one thing that really annoyed me was a woman about four or five rows down from me, to my right, calling the stewards over to complain about a group of people standing on the first couple of rows. It seemed to really mute those people, who were really trying to get the crowd going at times. Granted the woman did have a child with her, but I know from personal experience that if you can't see because of height - just stand on your oxf*rd seat! This is what I did when I was younger - Southampton away (in about 2009?) springs straight to mind from my experiences. Don't ruin the atmosphere and the day of others, because you've decided that you're too myopic and egotistic to care about anyone else. Any reasonable person could identify that there were empty seats in the tier - to my right (Block 103?) - with people who were sitting down. They could've just moved there if they were so concerned about sitting on their hands!

The thing is that this didn't just get the people at the front of the stand to sit down, but it got people in the rows directly in front of me to sit down when they weren't in their eyeline (except the people the row in front of me). It really concerns me if this is the lesson that's being bred into our younger supporters.

I think that maybe next time the club should say that the signing area will have people standing up, and possibly say this on the ticketing site (if possible), and if you want to sit down in that area then tough shit. Although they probably couldn't get away with that from a legal stand point.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 30 May 2017 23:07

BR0B0T
Para Handy

Hi Brobot. Your new persona is as interesting as Kes's.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 30 May 2017 23:13

Sebastian the Red
notloyalenuffroyal I was down right miffed with my fellow fans today.

I sang, my boy joined in, even my 8 year old daughter wearing 2 Kingsley stickers on her cheeks started a UUUURRRRZZZZ at some point....

And yet..... I was glared at, and surrounded by a small amount of rhythmic clapping.....

I backed the boys..... I made some noise..... and all I got was stony silence and glares......

Shame on you Block 221. I don't care that you paid more to sit on the padded seats.... I don't care that you wanted more leg room..... I don't care that you were p*ssed off having to queue in a weird snakey theme park ride manner...... I don't care if you couldn't afford the champagne bar and the pick and mix...... YOU BACK THE BOYS AND MAKE SOME NOISE.....

Danny Williams deserved to hear you sing his song. Chrissy Gunter Baby looked up and pleaded you to sing. John Swift....... well..... John Swift deserved to hear you give him some stick when he gave the ball away cheaply again.....

But nothing....

I alone sang "Oh Ali Al-Habsi" before every penalty and I don't give a monkey's ball crackers if you hated me!!!!!

I was loud..... I was proud.....

But block 221..... you let us down..... you missed the penalty...... you should go and have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.... and tomorrow, when you read the Daily Mail and see those Huddersfield faces on the back pages..... know this.... you are not welcome!

Maybe the other people in your block were actually fully developed adults who don't judge the value of others by how loudly or often they shout inane bollocks. People like you are everything that is wrong with football.

Wow. 6 pages since starting a jovial, "Shane some people don't join in" thread and it all gets a bit nasty.

I would love to still be considered non fully developed in the adult sense, but my receding hairline and proceeding stomach tend to disagree.....

My disappointment came from having been to all the playoffs and the FA Cup semi and this seemingly being the only final where people couldn't be roused. At no time did I ask, demand, enquire, abuse, encourage or even send a memo to anyone to join in, I just ploughed on regardless, singing, clapping and having a jolly time on my own.

I even had a proud moment when a URZZZ I started travelled around the ground. Sad life, I know......

My OP was just a lament on expectations. If you don't try to create an atmosphere, there will be no atmosphere. The number of times I have watched games and the ball is dragged into the net with a decent atmosphere means it makes a difference. Bristol away this season a perfect example...

I'm not bitter..... just miffed...... miffed in my own opinion of what going to football is all about. I am a grown up, old, balding Dad of 2, teacher. May be I am getting it wrong, but still when I go to watch the few games I am able to next season, I'll be Backing the Boys and making some noise every time!

Hopefully they'll put some clappers in the shop for the rest of you.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 May 2017 23:13

Para Handy
BR0B0T
Para Handy

Hi Brobot. Your new persona is as interesting as Kes's.

:cry:

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 30 May 2017 23:17

I was in Block 111, stood all game and there was a fair level of noise. I could also hear Block 113 singing, but as has already been stated Block 112 in between were mainly sat on their bums so it never really connected. No doubt a similar story all round, with just pockets of noise and no collaboration.

Each to their own I guess, we all support the club in our own ways and that is fantastic, but two frustrations:
1) It was advertised as the 'singing section' behind the goal so why when there were 38,000 tickets available would you pick seats in say Block 112, and then moan at others around you for being too noisy or for standing up?
2) Judging by comments made on here there were plenty of people who wanted to come in behind the goal who couldn't get tickets as they sold out on day 1. Had others referred to above found a more suitable location maybe a few more like minded fans would have had a chance of getting in behind the goal where we could of created something a bit more special.

I guess this is what happens with such a large crowd in a stadium like Wembley, but maybe next time the ticketing website could be run more like an Internet dating site, where you put in your preferences and are allocated seats next to like minded individuals? E.g. Passionate supporter seeks fellow fans for no strings attached footbsll fun times, must like standing for long periods, singing songs, and drinking beer. Prefer blondes, not fussy, but must like anal (receiving not giving). No time wasters. C'mon Urzzzzzzz!

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 30 May 2017 23:33

notloyalenuffroyal Wow. 6 pages since starting a jovial, "Shane some people don't join in" thread and it all gets a bit nasty.

I would love to still be considered non fully developed in the adult sense, but my receding hairline and proceeding stomach tend to disagree.....

My disappointment came from having been to all the playoffs and the FA Cup semi and this seemingly being the only final where people couldn't be roused. At no time did I ask, demand, enquire, abuse, encourage or even send a memo to anyone to join in, I just ploughed on regardless, singing, clapping and having a jolly time on my own.

I even had a proud moment when a URZZZ I started travelled around the ground. Sad life, I know......

My OP was just a lament on expectations. If you don't try to create an atmosphere, there will be no atmosphere. The number of times I have watched games and the ball is dragged into the net with a decent atmosphere means it makes a difference. Bristol away this season a perfect example...

I'm not bitter..... just miffed...... miffed in my own opinion of what going to football is all about. I am a grown up, old, balding Dad of 2, teacher. May be I am getting it wrong, but still when I go to watch the few games I am able to next season, I'll be Backing the Boys and making some noise every time!

Hopefully they'll put some clappers in the shop for the rest of you.

Really, You're a teacher and you're posting a thread "Shame your Block" smh.

199 posts