Thank you Danny Williams

mumbo-jumbo

Thank you Danny Williams

by mumbo-jumbo » 30 May 2017 10:38

In case he reads this

Just wanted to thank Danny for showing such passion and energy yesterday. He was all over the pitch like a man possessed. God knows how he kept it up into extra time as well, when others around looked dead on their feet. Then stood up and took his penalty, Gutted for him (and Kermorgant) especially at the end.

Thought the team selection a little strange, but our struggle pig couldn't have done more.

Please stay next season Danny: you've been one of a handful players who have been truly entertaining to watch this year. You always give your all, even if sometimes in a red card threatening type of way! Would love for you to stay and help us go up automatically next year. If you are tempted away by a Prem team then will wish you all the very best, but hope you stay. Love ya Danny.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Thank you Danny Williams

by Winston Biscuit » 30 May 2017 10:46

Hi Danny

You were much better in the final 6 months of your contract with us than the previous 3.5 years, which feels a shame.

best regards
Winston Biscuit

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 30 May 2017 10:52

Winston Biscuit Hi Danny

You were much better in the final 6 months of your contract with us than the previous 3.5 years, which feels a shame.

best regards
Winston Biscuit

:lol: :lol:

RATM

by RATM » 30 May 2017 10:54

My dad spoke to him and a couple of Huddersfield players about 2 hours after the final whistle.

I've chatted with him many times and as always he was the perfect gentlemen. Would love him to stay but if he leaves to Join a premier league team he deserves it

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 30 May 2017 11:18

Winston Biscuit Hi Danny

best regards
Winston Biscuit

Aren't they all

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 May 2017 11:20

He's off in the summer. It is time for Evans to step up to plate now

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 30 May 2017 14:12

Really good player at this level, but not a great. Reminds me of Sidwell who also did the honourable thing and saw out his contract and as thus will always get a good reception at Reading as will Williams.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 May 2017 14:47

Brilliant in the second half of the season and our player of the play offs by an absolute mile

Met the chap myself a while back and he is decent guy - very friendly. Seemed to hurt him more than anyone that defeat and I suspect he would have loved to have stayed if we had gone up

Good luck to him

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2017 14:52

Cheers Danny, not a favourite of mine, but no one could ever fault your work rate or desire. The minimum fans expect which many playrrs fail to deliver. Some absolute belters for us in your time here and a real midfield engine driving us forward.

Really finished the season strongly. Thank you and good luck what ever is next for you.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 30 May 2017 17:20

If we'd sold him in the pre-season then it wouldn't have really bothered me either way, he was a bit hit and miss and didn't really fit in with the way the team was playing under Stam.

But he seems to have improved as a player during this season, especially his 1st touch and general control, his efforts during the season, have been immense and he was definitely our player of the final.

Even from up in the gods he was obviously totally devastated at the final whistle and it did leave me wondering if that was the last time we'd see him in a Reading shirt.

I really hope he stays but If not then he can be proud of how he has carried himself in his time here and the effort he gave every time he crossed the white line

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 May 2017 17:28

RATM My dad spoke to him and a couple of Huddersfield players about 2 hours after the final whistle.

I've chatted with him many times and as always he was the perfect gentlemen. Would love him to stay but if he leaves to Join a premier league team he deserves it

Agree ... but at same time seriously doubt he's Prem standard. Look at how good Leigertwood was for us in the Champ but in the Prem he looked very average, or in fact, below average ...

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 May 2017 17:29

He's great and we will miss him sorely. He is usually one of the players of the season.

I think he'll miss us as well, because he won't move to a club that needs to play him as often as we did and maintain his enormous wages.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 May 2017 17:46

Will be very hard replace. Was immense yesterday but deserves the chance to play at a decent club. All the best Danny.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 May 2017 18:15

Like so many others that have left for the PL, I suspect he will end up warming the bench at a club like Palace or Watford. If JS stays he might talk him out of it.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 May 2017 18:15

Like so many others that have left for the PL, I suspect he will end up warming the bench at a club like Palace or Watford. If JS stays he might talk him out of it.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 31 May 2017 07:04

Possibly Huddersfield given their large German connection? Brighton maybe?

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 31 May 2017 07:53

Here's to you Danny Williams, Reading loves you more than you will know

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 May 2017 12:52

Mr Optimist Possibly Huddersfield given their large German connection? Brighton maybe?

decent replacement for Izzy Brown tbf

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 13:06

Mr Optimist Possibly Huddersfield given their large German connection? Brighton maybe?

Would be really happy for him to go to Huddersfield.

It's easy to get overawed with his recent performances but the truth is that for most of his time here Williams was actually quite frustrating. He always offered energy and a driving outlet through midfield out of defence, however for the most part that quality was mitigated by poor decision making. The wrong pass, running into trouble and not releasing quickly enough.

This season he has added that to his game, whether or not it is partly due to a better quality midfield around him that pick up better positions I'm not sure, but he has been a revelation and one of the best centre mids in the league. Almost every single time we beat someone the opposition fans inevitably comment on how "useful that Danny Williams fellow looked and how we don't have a player like that in our team".

I always thought footballers who cried were a bit pansy but after watching Williams sob his eyes out I couldn't help but feel distraught for him. Good luck Danny what ever is next for you, be it here or elsewhere.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2017 13:10

Will be interested* to see what Huddersfield do in the transfer window. I think he is only allowed 1 loanee from a fellow Premier League club, so they're going to need to decide on which of Mooy, Palmer, Brown and Ward they want to renew, and which if any they would go for permanently. Going for all of them will presumably cost quite a lot of money and they wouldn't actually be improving their squad.