Other Fans Expectations Of Reading 2017/2018

The Informant

Other Fans Expectations Of Reading 2017/2018

by The Informant » 01 Jun 2017 10:34

Not so long before it all starts up again but thought it would be good to have a thread about where other fans think we'll end up next season.

This from the Forest Forum

glad that this thread is up ive given some thought to this aswell

I think the 3 that are coming down are the worst group of 3 teams to get relegated EVER

Sunderland are a mess on and off the pitch
Middlesborough are poor also but who invested heavily prior to the season and in January
Hull who didn't have too much of a playing staff turnaround which makes them, in my eyes the favourites out the 3 to return

The think I believe it makes it hard for those teams that get relegated to compete the year after is players still at the club on premier league wages and then those players that are brought whilst in the championship on championship wages. until clubs sort their wages out which takes 2/3 years then they struggle. When burnely were promoted, relegated and promoted again it was due their confidence in the players that got them promoted. they didn't go crazy in the market and those players that subsequently got relegated helped them win promoted for a second time.

The likes of Norwich, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Reading are my favorites an outside bet of Birmingham and cardiff

The Informant

Re: Other Fans Expectations Of Reading 2017/2018

by The Informant » 01 Jun 2017 10:54

Burton Albion

I'd rather have been playing Huddersfield next season. They'll be straight back down. They even lost to Burton Albion last season.

I can see Reading winning the league next season. Jap Stam in a second season - look what he achieved in his first. He'll go far and so will his team. Who cares if their football's boring? (Well, their fans...I'm glad it's not MY team) They win games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Jun 2017 11:08

I have a feeling we won't be a "boring" team next season. I think the style of play will go up a gear, and with the right additions, we'll be a bit more exciting.

The Informant

by The Informant » 01 Jun 2017 11:09

genome I have a feeling we won't be a "boring" team next season. I think the style of play will go up a gear, and with the right additions, we'll be a bit more exciting.

Agreed

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Jun 2017 11:32

Was expecting this to be full of "this season was a fluke, they'll get relegated." Agree that we'll win the league at a canter with sexy football.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 01 Jun 2017 12:23

Very very shexy football, yesh!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 12:46

The Informant Not so long before it all starts up again but thought it would be good to have a thread about where other fans think we'll end up next season.

This from the Forest Forum

glad that this thread is up ive given some thought to this aswell

I think the 3 that are coming down are the worst group of 3 teams to get relegated EVER

Sunderland are a mess on and off the pitch
Middlesborough are poor also but who invested heavily prior to the season and in January
Hull who didn't have too much of a playing staff turnaround which makes them, in my eyes the favourites out the 3 to return

The think I believe it makes it hard for those teams that get relegated to compete the year after is players still at the club on premier league wages and then those players that are brought whilst in the championship on championship wages. until clubs sort their wages out which takes 2/3 years then they struggle. When burnely were promoted, relegated and promoted again it was due their confidence in the players that got them promoted. they didn't go crazy in the market and those players that subsequently got relegated helped them win promoted for a second time.

The likes of Norwich, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Reading are my favorites an outside bet of Birmingham and cardiff

Think he's spot on tbh. The window might change a lot of that and Norwich might have difficulty this summer with their squad overhaul (QPR tried to do that recently) and Cardiff is a very, very outside bet..

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Jun 2017 12:56

If Huddersfield can get promoted on their tiny budget. I'm sure Reading can next season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jun 2017 13:45

We need to be careful not to go all Fulham and temper our expectations.

The sooner Stam comes out in his uniquely dutch-mancunian accent and says this the better tbh; "There are no guarantees in football, you know, with the teams coming down, the teams coming up, and the teams already in the division it will be very difficult. We need to be realistic with our aims but I think if we can break into the top half that will be a good season"

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 01 Jun 2017 14:05

Brentford are my dark horses for next season ...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jun 2017 14:09

Royalwaster Brentford are my dark horses for next season ...

A huge amount will be dependent on if they can keep hold of Jota and Vibe. If they can and make some good quality additions then I can see them realistically challenging for a top 6 finish.

Such early doors though, there is literally no point even talking about it until July.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jun 2017 14:20

CountryRoyal
Royalwaster Brentford are my dark horses for next season ...

A huge amount will be dependent on if they can keep hold of Jota and Vibe. If they can and make some good quality additions then I can see them realistically challenging for a top 6 finish.

Such early doors though, there is literally no point even talking about it until July.

I liked what I saw of Brentford a lot last season but they have serious work to do on their defence. Think both Jota and Vibe only have one season in contract as well so will do well to keep hold of them

Like I've said elsewhere, either would be worth a bid from us

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Jun 2017 14:30

Hound I liked what I saw of Brentford a lot last season but they have serious work to do on their defence. Think both Jota and Vibe only have one season in contract as well so will do well to keep hold of them

We wanted Vibe when he went there....
Until they sold Hogan they didn't rate him at all.

That jozefzoon seems alright too.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Jun 2017 14:34

maffff
Hound I liked what I saw of Brentford a lot last season but they have serious work to do on their defence. Think both Jota and Vibe only have one season in contract as well so will do well to keep hold of them

would love vibe and josefzoon from there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 14:51

muirinho
maffff

Isn't Rico Henry supposed to be quite good too?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Jun 2017 14:53

maffff That jozefzoon seems alright too.

Gunter was absolutely terrified of him :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jun 2017 14:54

NewCorkSeth
muirinho
maffff

Not as good as Lenny.

But also aren't we getting ahead of ours? Since when are we billy big bollocks going around and poaching the best players from clubs in our league.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Jun 2017 15:07

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
muirinho

Not as good as Lenny.

But also aren't we getting ahead of ours? Since when are we billy big bollocks going around and poaching the best players from clubs in our league.

ah leave me my summer of dreaming please, before I try to get enthusiastic about a 3rd division French player I've never heard of....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 15:11

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
muirinho

Not as good as Lenny.

Oh.. I thought we were just discussing how good a team on paper they have. I don't think they're realistic transfers for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jun 2017 15:49

Ah not so sure - if we do have a few extra quid I'd have a look at their situation there - I don't think they'd be Hogan type cost, and we are probably a little more attractive than Brentford at the moment.

Obv if they suggest silly money then look elsewhere