Summer Ins and Outs

327 posts
User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5170
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2017 15:06

Nameless wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Nameless wrote:
I think McIntyre might be a good bet playing in front of a back 4, the sort of position Evans should be filling but hasn't quite convinced in yet.
Agree that Richards looks very much like the modern breed of flying wing back. More Victor Moses or Ashley Young than Graeme Murty.

McIntyre left in 2001 m8, get with the times fella


Oh the humorous possibilities brought about by the fact humans don't have unique surnames !
I bet you loved the multiple Andy Gray situation, and of course the utter confusion brought about by Quinn being selected for ROI having been a NI stalwart previously ! Still, we have a World Cup winning English centre back which is cool....


But that's counteracted by the fact we have "Lovejoy" playing alongside him.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1368
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by John Smith » 30 Jun 2017 15:07

Nameless wrote:Oh the humorous possibilities brought about by the fact humans don't have unique surnames !
I bet you loved the multiple Andy Gray situation, and of course the utter confusion brought about by Quinn being selected for ROI having been a NI stalwart previously ! Still, we have a World Cup winning English centre back which is cool....

Chill out geezer, it's Friday afternoon

Nameless
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4773
Joined: 23 Aug 2013 12:25

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Nameless » 30 Jun 2017 15:26

John Smith wrote:
Nameless wrote:Oh the humorous possibilities brought about by the fact humans don't have unique surnames !
I bet you loved the multiple Andy Gray situation, and of course the utter confusion brought about by Quinn being selected for ROI having been a NI stalwart previously ! Still, we have a World Cup winning English centre back which is cool....

Chill out geezer, it's Friday afternoon


?

You lost a sense of humour or something ?
Hope your day improves....

The Informant
Member
Posts: 635
Joined: 20 Dec 2016 11:34

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by The Informant » 01 Jul 2017 11:05

First weekend I've woken up and really missed the football this morning. No fcuking England based friendlies till late July either.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14352
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by genome » 01 Jul 2017 13:51

Upd8ed list - can a mod edit this into my original post please?

IN
Pelle Clement - Ajax - Undisclosed

OUT

Harrison Bennett - Released
Jonathan Bond - Peterborough - Loan (6 Months)
Harry Cardwell - Released
Tariqe Fosu - Charlton Athletic - Undisclosed
Dominic Hyam - Coventry - Free
Zak Jules - Shrewsbury Town - Undisclosed
Niall Keown - Partick Thistle - Undisclosed
Aaron Kuhl - Released
Sean Long - Lincoln City - Free
Stuart Moore - Barrow - Free
Andrija Novakovich - SC Telstar - Loan (Season)
Deniss Rakels - Lech Poznan - Loan (Season)
Jack Stacey - Luton Town - Undisclosed
Craig Tanner - Motherwell - Free
Joe Tupper - Released
Terence Vancooten - Released
Danny Williams - Released
Last edited by genome on 03 Jul 2017 09:38, edited 2 times in total.


bluerinse
Member
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Aug 2015 09:17

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by bluerinse » 01 Jul 2017 14:04

did not we get a fee for Tariqe Fosu?

RATM
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: 27 Apr 2015 13:27

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by RATM » 01 Jul 2017 14:09

bluerinse wrote:did not we get a fee for Tariqe Fosu?



Yes we did because we offered him a contract and he is still under 23. Obviously undisclosed though.

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1444
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Hound » 01 Jul 2017 14:42

Has Keown signed perm for Partick?

Edit: just seen on Ssn he has...

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5170
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Sutekh » 02 Jul 2017 07:39

Hound wrote:Has Keown signed perm for Partick?

Edit: just seen on Ssn he has...


So we've lost Jules, Stacey, Fosu and now Keown for undisclosed fees plus Hyam, Moore, Tanner and Kuhl all released.

Never seen so many high profile youngsters permanently disappear in one window, talk about a clear out!


glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2094
Joined: 19 Nov 2005 23:07
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by glass half full » 02 Jul 2017 08:57

Sutekh wrote:
Hound wrote:Has Keown signed perm for Partick?

Edit: just seen on Ssn he has...


So we've lost Jules, Stacey, Fosu and now Keown for undisclosed fees plus Hyam, Moore, Tanner and Kuhl all released.

Never seen so many high profile youngsters permanently disappear in one window, talk about a clear out!


I hope that this is not sending negative messages to prospective Academy products but concede that standards are being raised.

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1444
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Hound » 02 Jul 2017 09:51

To me the fact they have all found other good clubs quickly is a positive. Proves that even if they aren't quite our first team standard they have been taught well enough for other clubs to be after them

User avatar
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12520
Joined: 28 Aug 2007 21:32
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by winchester_royal » 02 Jul 2017 10:10

I think they're all reaching the age now where they need to be playing first team football, however the standard of the clubs they're going to I think shows that they're not up to Championship football.

The best outcome for all involved I think, and also clears the path for the likes of Loader and Holsgrove to have their turn at trying to force their way into the first team squad.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14352
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by genome » 02 Jul 2017 11:11

RATM wrote:
bluerinse wrote:did not we get a fee for Tariqe Fosu?



Yes we did because we offered him a contract and he is still under 23. Obviously undisclosed though.


Did we offer him a contract? I thought that was Jules.


AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19560
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jul 2017 19:54

Novakovich loaned out to Dutch club SC Telstar

Snowflake Royal
Member
Posts: 352
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2017 20:16

AthleticoSpizz wrote:Novakovich loaned out to Dutch club SC Telstar

He needs some first team football, so good news, maybe.

ImJappy
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: 10 Jan 2017 16:23

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by ImJappy » 02 Jul 2017 20:19

Snowflake Royal wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:Novakovich loaned out to Dutch club SC Telstar

He needs some first team football, so good news, maybe.


Seems to be a decent talent, still only 20, decent loan spell will do him wonders. Hopefully he will be more successful at Telstar than Jacob Walcott.

Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1444
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Hound » 02 Jul 2017 21:22

Signed a new deal with it so makes sense I think

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5170
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by Sutekh » 03 Jul 2017 12:15

ImJappy wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:
AthleticoSpizz wrote:Novakovich loaned out to Dutch club SC Telstar

He needs some first team football, so good news, maybe.


Seems to be a decent talent, still only 20, decent loan spell will do him wonders. Hopefully he will be more successful at Telstar than Jacob Walcott.


Telstar are about to embark on their 39th successive season in the Eerste Division (that's Division 2 in the Netherlands). Last season Telstar finished just below mid table (12th). Anyone have an idea for what sort of level that is compared to the FL?

Obviously hope he gets regular game time there and is a big success.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 19560
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 19:49
Location: A Hicks Hoof from Coley Park

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jul 2017 12:23

Hard to gauge the standards, but with a ground capacity of just over 3 1/2k, they sound far from sleeping giants.

As a side dish, once managed by Jack Mansell.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4484
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Summer Ins and Outs

by CountryRoyal » 03 Jul 2017 13:19

Sutekh wrote:
ImJappy wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:He needs some first team football, so good news, maybe.


Seems to be a decent talent, still only 20, decent loan spell will do him wonders. Hopefully he will be more successful at Telstar than Jacob Walcott.


Telstar are about to embark on their 39th successive season in the Eerste Division (that's Division 2 in the Netherlands). Last season Telstar finished just below mid table (12th). Anyone have an idea for what sort of level that is compared to the FL?

Obviously hope he gets regular game time there and is a big success.


Jesus and we thought poor Ipswich had it bad being the perennial second tier side. :shock:

327 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 28 guests

It is currently 17 Aug 2017 23:45