WHO THINKS THIS IS A LOAD OF BOL...................KS

pwb

WHO THINKS THIS IS A LOAD OF BOL...................KS

by pwb » 21 Jun 2017 13:04

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WHO THINKS THIS IS A LOAD OF BOL...................KS

by Top Flight » 21 Jun 2017 13:19

I think Warnock should be on the list and quite high up. Also Harrybshould be higher. Not sure Rowett deserves to be so high or Monk. What about Holloway?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Jun 2017 13:34

Agree Warnock should be on the list and quite high, he's had success and similar to 'Arry he gets the best out of players (in terms of getting results that is, maybe not the best in terms of character).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jun 2017 14:02

I judge Redknapp on the basis that few fans of club's he has managed seem to speak highly of him . My impression is he is a wheeler dealer rather than a manager. Spends money he doesn't have then quits to let others sort out the mess. I also prefer a manager who coaches as well. Harry is well known for being office based.
Slightly bizarre to see the Fulham love in continue. Does the best manager in the league scrape a playoff place at the last minute then abjectly fail at the first hurdle ? Stam certainly performed way better than him when it mattered in the semi.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Jun 2017 14:07

Slavisa also got Watford promoted as well. On that basis I would agree that he is a top ten EFL manager. Should he be first? I can make a better case for Slavisa than I can for Monk or Rowett who until now haven't won anything. Have they even made it to the play offs yet?

Stam has a play off final under his belt achieved in only one season. That should put him in the top 8 at least.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 21 Jun 2017 15:06

Let them continue underestimating us. It's served us well in the past.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Jun 2017 15:45

Nameless I judge Redknapp on the basis that few fans of club's he has managed seem to speak highly of him . My impression is he is a wheeler dealer rather than a manager. Spends money he doesn't have then quits to let others sort out the mess. I also prefer a manager who coaches as well. Harry is well known for being office based.
Slightly bizarre to see the Fulham love in continue. Does the best manager in the league scrape a playoff place at the last minute then abjectly fail at the first hurdle ? Stam certainly performed way better than him when it mattered in the semi.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This all day long.....

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 21 Jun 2017 15:51

Y21 Let them continue underestimating us. It's served us well in the past.

^^^^This !!

pwb

by pwb » 21 Jun 2017 16:24

Nameless I judge Redknapp on the basis that few fans of club's he has managed seem to speak highly of him . My impression is he is a wheeler dealer rather than a manager. Spends money he doesn't have then quits to let others sort out the mess. I also prefer a manager who coaches as well. Harry is well known for being office based.

Sound like the Labour party :o :o

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jun 2017 16:43

pwb

You sound like a Daily Mail reader.....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jun 2017 18:37

If Fulham ( according to this article) have the best team and the best manager why did they not win the league? Seems a bit of a logical fallacy there.
Sure the awful team that reading apparently are have the best manager as he squeezed a false third finish out of us.

pwb

by pwb » 21 Jun 2017 19:44

Nameless
pwb

You sound like a Daily Mail reader.....

No thanks, nearly as much fake news as the mirror and Facebook.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Jun 2017 21:36

"Reading underachieved compared to what was expected and played boring football" - but the Dutchman merits a place in the top 10 on the evidence to hand.

:?: :?: does that even make sense?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jun 2017 09:08

Jagermesiter1871 "Reading underachieved compared to what was expected and played boring football" - but the Dutchman merits a place in the top 10 on the evidence to hand.

:?: :?: does that even make sense?

It's also an utterly clueless statement and therefore written by someone who has no idea about the club other than the fact that Jaap works there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jun 2017 09:50

It's not a great article is it?

The Fulham @rse kissing is as tiresome as the jibes at us, but happy for us to be underestimated again

Noticed on the various sky previews and 'matches to look out for' no mention of us either. But again not unexpected

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jun 2017 10:38

It's a very bizarre list.

Personally I think Bruce should be at #1 with Redknapp being the only other person you could justify being that high. They're managers who have made significant achievements at the highest level and have been seriously linked to the England job.

The Fulham manager got Watford promoted and then got sacked for no reason so I think putting him at third is fair enough.

I think Rowett's mostly just rated because Zola did a very bad job at Birmingham but he's a reasonable pick for a top 5 spot.

I have no idea what Gary Monk's done to earn a place on the list.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jun 2017 11:10

FourFourTwo is just an unashamedly piss poor rag.

Who shall we put on the cover this month? Messi, Ronaldo or Messi and Ronaldo?

FourFourTwo, brought to you by Nivea For Men, the Tim Lovejoy of football magazines.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Jun 2017 11:20

NewCorkSeth If Fulham ( according to this article) have the best team and the best manager why did they not win the league? Seems a bit of a logical fallacy there.
Sure the awful team that reading apparently are have the best manager as he squeezed a false third finish out of us.

It does concede, while ranking Gary Monk higher than Stam for the 75pts gained by Leeds, just how high the bar was set for play-off qualification last season :P

More sh+te from the normal sources.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jun 2017 12:00

SCIAG It's a very bizarre list.

Personally I think Bruce should be at #1 with Redknapp being the only other person you could justify being that high. They're managers who have made significant achievements at the highest level and have been seriously linked to the England job.

The Fulham manager got Watford promoted and then got sacked for no reason so I think putting him at third is fair enough.

I think Rowett's mostly just rated because Zola did a very bad job at Birmingham but he's a reasonable pick for a top 5 spot.

I have no idea what Gary Monk's done to earn a place on the list.

Agree with Bruce at number 1 because of his history in this division but 'Arry is being unfairly credited with "saving" Birmingham. He's well past it and has a more recent history of failure (QPR)
Neither should get anywhere near the England job...

Stam should surely be in the number 2 slot as he finished 3rd with a team the media think are crap.

Jokanovic has a good recent history I guess but you can't label Fulham "the greatest team ever" when they didn't get promoted.

Rowett did a great job at Birmingham so I guess he's earned some goodwill given the nature of his dismissal and the teams performance thereafter.

Carvalhal seems a fair shout.

Dean Smith anyone?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 22 Jun 2017 12:33

Nigel Clough deserves an honourable mention for keeping Burton in the Championship on limited resources.