CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

178 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by TiagoIlori » 17 May 2018 10:14

Hope he just had the Bradley Dack syndrome, aka after being unsettled he just couldn’t get going and that he’ll do a lot better than he did last season. It does concern me if this is the case should a larger club come in for him, but I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt, considering he’s supposed to be on small wages and he’s had his team completely torn apart over the last 18 months

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2018 10:22

Norfolk Royal A right back? Does this mean the club is going to take a gamble on whether Obita will regain his form and recover from his injury in time for next season or whether Richards will make the grade?

That's one hell of a gamble as left back is a real problem position for us. Also think it means Gunter may be off. Why sign a player on a four year contract to be an understudy? Doesn't make sense.

Doubt if Gunter is off immediately, unless they also bring in a left-back.

I think right-back was more of a problem than left-back. A - zero backup/competition for Gunter, and B, when he was covering left-back (which he was IMO equally competent at) no option other than Bacuna, who should have been playing in midfield.

Think Yiadom can swap sides as well. But even if he doesn't, for left-back you have Obita/Gunter/Richards/Blackett (if he stays)

And right back, Yiadom/Gunter/Bacuna

I'm discounting Watson as he seems to be very injury-prone, and it looks like Clement doesn't rate him)

That looks like healthy competition to me, not overstock.

Gunter has played 50+ games for us in each of the last three seasons as well as umpteen games for Wales. He may not like it, but it would do him good to get a bit of a break every now and then. If it turns out he's second choice/bench-warming through the second-half of the season, he may move on next summer.

If we also bring in a left-back though, then I'd say he'd leave either now or in January.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 May 2018 10:23

TiagoIlori Hope he just had the Bradley Dack syndrome, aka after being unsettled he just couldn’t get going and that he’ll do a lot better than he did last season. It does concern me if this is the case should a larger club come in for him, but I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt, considering he’s supposed to be on small wages and he’s had his team completely torn apart over the last 18 months

I really like Bradley Dack. He can play in all the midfield positions really well. You could say he is a DACK of all trades............

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2018 10:27

Solid signing if it goes ahead.

Capable at this level with the potential to play higher and won't break the bank.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2018 10:40

there would have been many times when I'd have wanted to play a more defensive wide midfielder last season. Trying to defend a lead when you have one winger who was plain useless, and another who is pretty incapable of defending with any degree of competence hurt us quite badly at times. The likes of Yiadom and Obita can do that job.

McCleary can do the it fairly well when on any sort of fitness and form but none of the other wingers at the club have any defensive pedigree.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 May 2018 11:30

Ex Braintree Town, but don't recall noticing him when down there. Let us hope he's another Linvoy Primus!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2018 13:13

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2018 13:34

From Despair To Where? Solid signing if it goes ahead.

Capable at this level with the potential to play higher and won't break the bank.

Agreed - decent Championship signing albeit in a relegation side who is courted by other clubs.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 May 2018 13:46

“READING???!!!! If that's the best his agent can get him he needs a new agent with the exception of MK Dons
Reading are a proper plastic club”

Why does every single championship or top end league one club supporter seem to think they’re automatically than us :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2018 13:52

Would have through he’d still have his sights set a bit higher than us but I suppose beggars can’t be choosers. Would be delighted if this goes through, especially if it signals the end of Gunter.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2018 13:57

TiagoIlori

“READING???!!!! If that's the best his agent can get him he needs a new agent with the exception of MK Dons
Reading are a proper plastic club”

Why does every single championship or top end league one club supporter seem to think they’re automatically than us :roll:

Because it’s an easy narrative and rhetoric to spurt out to give ignorant, unintelligent cumstains something small to feel pious about - often failing to recognise that their insults could often be said about them by a plethora of other clubs.

I like Barnsley whenever I’ve visited, obviously the town is a dump but no different to most northern dross holes. Really liked the club and the fans - mostly seem like good folk.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2018 14:19

tbf, it was a fairly single voice in the debate.

Obvs comparisons with MK Dons is absolutely ludicrous. Reading as a town and a club have little in common with them

Went to MK recently for non footballing reasons. Its a seriously weird place. Like Caversham Park village on steroids.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 May 2018 14:22

IF this deal goes through I feel this could be a big turning point. Last season it took forever to get deals over the line and we often lost out. I am also assured that Clement and co seem to be looking at champ players and not foreign punts. A big statement of intent ( yes I used it) if this happens.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 May 2018 14:23

linkenholtroyal IF this deal goes through I feel this could be a big turning point. Last season it took forever to get deals over the line and we often lost out. I am also assured that Clement and co seem to be looking at champ players and not foreign punts. A big statement of intent ( yes I used it) if this happens.

Chill out mate, the bloke got relegated last season!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2018 14:25

linkenholtroyal IF this deal goes through I feel this could be a big turning point. Last season it took forever to get deals over the line and we often lost out. I am also assured that Clement and co seem to be looking at champ players and not foreign punts. A big statement of intent ( yes I used it) if this happens.

How do you actually pronounce Yiadom properly?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 May 2018 14:32

Sutekh

How do you actually pronounce Yiadom properly?

Steve

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 May 2018 14:37

Last edited by windermereROYAL on 17 May 2018 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 May 2018 15:04

Not sure if you're serious but if you are then I can't see how doing precisely what we did last season is a statement of intent.

Clement aside every signing was from the Championship or above and even the two January loanees were Championship players.

Which really does beg the question, what the hell is Brian Tevrenden useful for?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2018 15:18

Vision

Not sure if you're serious but if you are then I can't see how doing precisely what we did last season is a statement of intent.

Clement aside every signing was from the Championship or above and even the two January loanees were Championship players.

Which really does beg the question, what the hell is Brian Tevrenden useful for?

agree its no real statement of intent, just a solid signing.

Not sure where BT comes into it though. Probably like you, not really sure what his role is, but we do seem to get the people we go in for more often than not. If its a case that he leads negotiations and agrees contracts, then he is prob doing ok. I doubt his primary job is scouting players.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 17 May 2018 16:47

Good signing but reportedly another 4 year deal... will we ever learn?

178 posts