CONFIRMED: Pelle Clement

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIRMED: Pelle Clement

by 72 bus » 04 Jan 2019 11:42

Victor Meldrew I always thought he was Piazon part 2.

A neat ball player but not strong enough for English football.

Exactly and we already have plenty of those.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2019 13:29

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ
Hound Yep was rubbish. Complete waste of money. Nevermind

I don't understand how you can confidently say he was rubbish. Danny Loader, 5 starts for the club, contributed absolutely nothing, but apparently it's no where near enough games to judge him on

Pelle Clement who's also young had 10 starts, where he was starting to adjust to life in the championship and had a good pre season this season, is called "rubbish". Criminally underused when our midfield has been so poor this season, and while he wasn't exactly good value of money, 600k or whatever we paid for him is barely anything nowadays

As I said a few weeks ago people are biased towards certain players and I'm not having a go because everyone is guilty of it, including me. I'm just disappointed he wasn't given more of a chance with the way Kelly and Swift have been

^^^^^^ This!!!!!!
I felt sorry for Clement. Would have like to have seen more of him. I think he could have made it here given time. I never felt he was in the right position. He was always played too deep. I liked his runs around the area, but the style we played never seemed to be giving him a chance. I thought he would be better in a Paul Clement system of more open play but he was never given a proper chance.

Players often aren't given a 'proper' chance because they're not up to it. Look at Sims and to a lesser extent Loader... They were far higher rated by fans when they weren't playing. Sims gets a couple of games and no one gives a shit he's gone.

The manager sees training and has a far better idea whether someone is worth playing than fans who've barely seen a player kick a ball.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Jan 2019 18:38

Only 22. Plenty of time to re-emerge at a later date. Perhaps never settled at the club.