CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2019 14:42

Hendo
Old Man Andrews Actually enforce the rule about the goalkeeper having to release the ball from their hands within 6 seconds. Enforce it from minute 1 to 90. Apply the same rule to ground goal kicks. As soon as the keeper places the ball down they have 6 seconds to distribute it.

I don't think that is a law anymore, however I am happy to be proved wrong.

Still listed on here as a rule. http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... misconduct

It is pointless though as it isn't even remotely enforced.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2019 14:46

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Actually enforce the rule about the goalkeeper having to release the ball from their hands within 6 seconds. Enforce it from minute 1 to 90. Apply the same rule to ground goal kicks. As soon as the keeper places the ball down they have 6 seconds to distribute it.

Still listed on here as a rule. http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... misconduct

It is pointless though as it isn't even remotely enforced.

Fair, it is never enforced.

It has been quite a number of years since I have seen an indirect free kick inside the box.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2019 14:55

Hendo

I has gone. The laws now just say this about the keeper being in control of the ball

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:
• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface
(e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands
or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper
has made a save
• holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
• bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of
the ball with the hands.

Good call on the 6 seconds for goal kicks, perhaps also apply the same - or similar - to throw ins, corners and kick offs to help reduce ridiculous over celebration and time wasting.

By the way shouldn't this thread be officially confimred and on the team forum by now?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Jan 2019 18:47

yeah, why not on Team Board yet?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2019 13:06

Just spoken to a Norwich supporting chum.

He says if Oliveira was as good as he thought he was we'd have a hell of a player. But he isn't.

He called out Grabban as awful when we got him, and says Oliveira has a similar attitude but is a bit better. Though not remotely fit.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 13:08

Snowflake Royal Just spoken to a Norwich supporting chum.

He says if Oliveira was as good as he thought he was we'd have a hell of a player. But he isn't.

He called out Grabban as awful when we got him, and says Oliveira has a similar attitude but is a bit better. Though not remotely fit.

How can anyone make a judgement call on how good or not good Oliveira is when he hasn't played in such a long time? Time will tell how good he is not some idiot who clearly has an agenda.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Jan 2019 13:38

There's some sour grapes there. The Norwich fans worshipped Oliveira when he was first choice and scoring.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2019 13:41

I don’t know what that second paragraph even means

Grabban clearly isn’t awful either - so suggest your mate’s opinions aren’t up to much

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 29 Jan 2019 14:55

Once the ball is on the ground it is live and the keeper may be tackled. if the oppo don't close him down then it's their own fault. Would you enforce 6 seconds on every player in posession or do you want to introduce 30 second shot clocks like basketball to generate some enforced excitement?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2019 14:57

lewesroyal

Once the ball is on the ground it is live and the keeper may be tackled. if the oppo don't close him down then it's their own fault. Would you enforce 6 seconds on every player in posession or do you want to introduce 30 second shot clocks like basketball to generate some enforced excitement?

Nobody has mentioned that though. I was referring to actual goal kicks that are taken once the ball goes out of play.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jan 2019 14:59

Norfolk Royal

There's some sour grapes there. The Norwich fans worshipped Oliveira when he was first choice and scoring.

Yep. Remember the meltdown among their fans and journos when we were first linked with him?

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 29 Jan 2019 15:27

Old Man Andrews
lewesroyal

Nobody has mentioned that though. I was referring to actual goal kicks that are taken once the ball goes out of play.

Ah fair enough then. I mis-read the point. The ball is dead at that point though so additional time "should" be added by the officials to compensate

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2019 17:30

Hound

Grabban clearly isn’t awful either - so suggest your mate’s opinions aren’t up to much

Seems clear enough to me.

I'm not endorsing his view. Just passing it on.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Jan 2019 17:34

Hound

I guess he is saying that NO has a very high opinion of himself, one which would make him a very good player.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Jan 2019 17:36

lewesroyal
Old Man Andrews
lewesroyal

Ah fair enough then. I mis-read the point. The ball is dead at that point though so additional time "should" be added by the officials to compensate

The point is that the 6 seconds applies to the time the keeper can hold the ball before releasing it, so most of your point is irrelevant ! Keepers often hold it for longer than that and are not penalised but frankly I reckon there are dozens of things much more significant than this that should be looked at.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Jan 2019 19:14

Norfolk Royal

Remember Sa, All the talent but something amiss. That stupid sending off........

If Oliveira is that good. Then why Reading for a loan?

That's my fear.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Jan 2019 21:38

Lower West
Norfolk Royal

Remember Sa, All the talent but something amiss. That stupid sending off........

If Oliveira is that good. Then why Reading for a loan?

Because he's fallen out with Farke and is not getting picked and Norwich don't want to pay all his wages is the short answer.

From what I gather he fell out with Farke because he was being substituted or used as a substitute too much for his liking (he's convinced he's as good as Ronaldo). This culminated with him scoring as goal when he came on as a sub, I think against Fulham, to which he responded by running straight at Farke on the touchline and making some rash comments and gestures. Farke obviously couldn't allow that act of extreme truculence and banished him.

That's my fear.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Jan 2019 07:12

Picked up a muscle injury. Lolz.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2019 08:48

CountryRoyal Picked up a muscle injury. Lolz.

Was excellent last night, so hopefully just a strain and he'll be Ok for the weekend.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2019 09:30

How many Reading players have scored a penalty on their debut? I know ALF scored a penalty on his premier league debut but that doesn't count.

725 posts