RUMOUR - Lewis baker

259 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 11:46

Platypuss Football 2019

Lewis Baker has yet to show any signs of being decent, what motivates you if your a Chelsea academy player? Enough cash already and no chance of playing first team footy, go on loan an play but not really be arsed? That's what it looks like I'm afraid.

fairly selective quote though. Doesn't seem to be apply to Tammy Abraham for example

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Jan 2019 11:52

windermereROYAL
2 world wars, 1 world cup Good as he may be...

is this Stamgate all over again FFS!?

When we're crying out for a striker Stam brings in midfielder after oxf*rd midfielder.

Now one place we DON'T need bolstering is midfield. Yeah it'd be nice, as would any position, but we've already signed Ovie and we're now eyeing up another midfielder?

If we get two top strikers, a CB and a LB and a keeper then yeah sure I'd welcome anyone else.

But I'm getting exactly the same sinking feeling of doom as I did under Stam when I was expecting a striker and kept seeing rumours and bids for endless fukking midfielders.

Rant over!

Pop off over to social media, there are loads like you over there, it`s the bloody 9th of January for christ sakes, yes I know we can`t wait too long in our position but the foaming at the mouth at this early stage is pathetic.
I`m sure Jose knows what we need, he`s not blind.

Hey. I'm a Reading fan, it's my right to be impatient and pathetic! :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2019 12:44

Surely that's the end of Eza? Otherwise we have 8 first team midfielders for three positions

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Considering we're in dire need for a LB (Obita isn't good enough either), CB, two wingers and possibly a striker, I'm shocked how we're wasting two of our loans on probably our strongest position. Terrible decision, Stam all over again :roll:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2019 12:47

URZZZZ Surely that's the end of Eza? Otherwise we have 8 first team midfielders for three positions

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Considering we're in dire need for a LB (Obita isn't good enough either), CB, two wingers and possibly a striker, I'm shocked how we're wasting two of our loans on probably our strongest position. Terrible decision, Stam all over again :roll:

I think Eza is probably gone - may be that his injury is taking longer than expected to heal, so he's being sent back.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2019 12:50

muirinho
URZZZZ Surely that's the end of Eza? Otherwise we have 8 first team midfielders for three positions

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

I think Eza is probably gone - may be that his injury is taking longer than expected to heal, so he's being sent back.

I'm not too disappointed with that, he seemed a very good holding midfielder but a bit sloppy in possession so I don't think he would have suited Gomes' style too much. Still, there's a very good player in there somewhere

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jan 2019 12:54

URZZZZ
muirinho

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

I'm not too disappointed with that, he seemed a very good holding midfielder but a bit sloppy in possession so I don't think he would have suited Gomes' style too much. Still, there's a very good player in there somewhere

Yes, shame we didn't get much benefit from him!

As to the rest, I'm struggling to make sense of it unless Gomes doesn't rate some of Kelly, Swift, Aluko, Bacuna - and wants, at the very least, for there to be serious competition for those places. But it seems to me that we've replaced Clement and Stam bloat with Gomes bloat. At least they're loanees....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Jan 2019 13:04

muirinho
URZZZZ
muirinho

As to the rest, I'm struggling to make sense of it unless Gomes doesn't rate some of Kelly, Swift, Aluko, Bacuna - and wants, at the very least, for there to be serious competition for those places. But it seems to me that we've replaced Clement and Stam bloat with Gomes bloat. At least they're loanees....

Trouble is I can't remember the last time we had a decent loan player

Eza - always injured
Elphick - never played
Martin - Martin
Mutch - terrible
Oxford - terrible
Grabban - OK but underwhelming
Vydra - tried but failed
Piazon - waster
John - waster
Fernandez - waste of time
A Taylor - OK

Last good loan player we had was probably Chalobah but even then he wasn't amazing. Unless I'm missing someone?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 13:07

last good loan? probably Steve Blatherwick

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2019 13:12

URZZZZ
muirinho
URZZZZ

Trouble is I can't remember the last time we had a decent loan player

Eza - always injured
Elphick - never played
Martin - Martin
Mutch - terrible
Oxford - terrible
Grabban - OK but underwhelming
Vydra - tried but failed
Piazon - waster
John - waster
Fernandez - waste of time
A Taylor - OK

Last good loan player we had was probably Chalobah but even then he wasn't amazing. Unless I'm missing someone?

File Eza under Elphick. actually did play a couple of times after getting injured in his first game. And Grabben was played out of position.

Glen Murray was ok.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2019 13:19

Not against Baker. Seems like a pretty low cost/low risk deal.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2019 13:22

Can he tackle?

I only care about that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2019 13:23

leon Can he tackle?

I only care about that.

Nope. More of an attacking midfielder, a bit like Swift if he could run.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2019 13:25

Old Man Andrews
leon Can he tackle?

I only care about that.

Nope. More of an attacking midfielder, a bit like Swift if he could run.

FFS.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2019 13:27

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Already been a couple of rumours on Eza being sent back. As he pulled out of the Asian Cup, I think under FIFA rules he can't play for us until that is over now, if he was fit. So would be Feb before he can play earliest, so best to get rid and have a fit body in who we believe will fit in to the way we want to play.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2019 13:33

Stranded

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Already been a couple of rumours on Eza being sent back. As he pulled out of the Asian Cup, I think under FIFA rules he can't play for us until that is over now, if he was fit. So would be Feb before he can play earliest, so best to get rid and have a fit body in who we believe will fit in to the way we want to play.

Another great Clement signing.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jan 2019 13:35

leon
Stranded

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

I think on the face of it and from what I saw he was a good signing, just a shame he got injured. He's exactly what we need in our midfield right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 13:36

also suspect Clement had absolutely nothing to do with it pretty much going from his comments at the time

Shame really as he looked a class act

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 13:37

Stranded

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Its actually only 2 more games though - Forest and Derby.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2019 13:38

Old Man Andrews
leon
Stranded

I think on the face of it and from what I saw he was a good signing, just a shame he got injured. He's exactly what we need in our midfield right now.

Im not sure we ever saw enough to say. However yet another injured player, something’s been going wrong for some time now. I’m highly sceptical.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 13:47

I quite like his song, reckon he's a pretty cool chap. For that reason keep him I reckon.

259 posts