Kermorgant Injury

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Kermorgant Injury

by genome » 12 Jul 2017 09:54

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/j ... r-surgery/

Royals strike star Yann Kermorgant is beginning rehabilitation with our medical team after yesterday undergoing surgery. Kermorgant, who scored 19 goals for the club last season, will miss the start of the new campaign as a result of this surgery.

However, our talismanic Frenchman has his sights firmly set on a return to first team action as soon as possible as he begins the recovery process under the guidance of Head Physiotherapist Jon Urwin.

Urwin said, “Yann underwent successful hip and groin surgery yesterday morning and together we are now looking at a rehabilitation process which will stretch across weeks rather than months.”

“Now the surgery is complete I am totally focussed on getting fit again,” Kermorgant said. “I’m ready to work hard and I know the fantastic medical team that we have here at the club will do everything they can to help me get back out there with my teammates as soon as possible.”

We really need a striker!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Kermorgant Injury

by Hound » 12 Jul 2017 09:56

genome https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/kermorgant-ready-to-begin-rehab-after-surgery/

Royals strike star Yann Kermorgant is beginning rehabilitation with our medical team after yesterday undergoing surgery. Kermorgant, who scored 19 goals for the club last season, will miss the start of the new campaign as a result of this surgery.

However, our talismanic Frenchman has his sights firmly set on a return to first team action as soon as possible as he begins the recovery process under the guidance of Head Physiotherapist Jon Urwin.

Urwin said, “Yann underwent successful hip and groin surgery yesterday morning and together we are now looking at a rehabilitation process which will stretch across weeks rather than months.”

“Now the surgery is complete I am totally focussed on getting fit again,” Kermorgant said. “I’m ready to work hard and I know the fantastic medical team that we have here at the club will do everything they can to help me get back out there with my teammates as soon as possible.”

not the best news that. wonder if that affects Samuel leaving

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2017 10:02

Hound
genome https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/kermorgant-ready-to-begin-rehab-after-surgery/

not the best news that. wonder if that affects Samuel leaving

He's not in the squad for Holland, so he's in talks with other clubs I expect.

This basically leaves us with Mendes up top doesn't it?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2017 10:03

@TalkReading
Just two strikers have travelled to Oosterbeek, they are Sam Smith (19) and Danny Loader (16).

:?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jul 2017 10:05

genome @TalkReading
Just two strikers have travelled to Oosterbeek, they are Sam Smith (19) and Danny Loader (16).

:?

Where's Mendes? Or are they considering him a "forward"?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2017 10:05

Also injured (I think)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jul 2017 10:10

Time for McCleary to become the hero we all know he can be?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2017 10:10

genome Also injured (I think)

oh ffs

BT needs to pull his finger out

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2017 10:13

NewCorkSeth Time for McCleary to become the hero we all know he can be?

still recovering from surgery I suspect, not in the squad either

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jul 2017 10:13

"Callum Harriott, Yann Kermorgant, Garath McCleary, Joseph Mendes and Tennai Watson miss out through injury, while Ali Al Habsi and Dominic Samuel are also not included in the travelling party as they have each been given permission to hold talks with other clubs with a potential view to a move away from Madejski Stadium."

Explains Watson.

Interesting that Cooper is included in the squad. If Dom and AAH have both been given leave to talk to clubs it would appear his move to Millwall is off? (I would be delighted if so)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jul 2017 10:17

Suspect we wouldn't have announced this unless a new striker was fairly imminent.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Jul 2017 10:28

Hope he doesn't become the new Jason Roberts ... didn't that start with a minor injury that was expected to take him out of the game for a few weeks, which became months, years, and then retirement?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 Jul 2017 10:35

Perfect time for rakels, novakovich and Samuel to show what they've got.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Jul 2017 11:03

Simon's Church Perfect time for rakels, novakovich and Samuel to show what they've got.

Is that the same Rakkels who has gone out on loan?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jul 2017 11:06

Royalwaster
Simon's Church Perfect time for rakels, novakovich and Samuel to show what they've got.

I think that may have been his point. Two are out on loan and Samuel is speaking to Blackburn, Ipswich etc.

Possibly explains Cooper as well. Reading are planning to turn him into a striker. :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Jul 2017 12:20

Sutekh
Royalwaster

I think that may have been his point. Two are out on loan and Samuel is speaking to Blackburn, Ipswich etc.

Possibly explains Cooper as well. Reading are planning to turn him into a striker. :lol:

To be fair, I have always called Cooper the 'Chris Samba of Reading'

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Jul 2017 12:36

Probably looking at 3-4 months until Yann will be back playing :?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 12 Jul 2017 12:38

When we did that pole last year of who we should get in as a new striker, It looks like we should have got Ian Royal.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2017 12:38

linkenholtroyal When we did that pole last year of who we should get in as a new striker

Rakels?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jul 2017 12:40

genome
linkenholtroyal When we did that pole last year of who we should get in as a new striker

Rakels?

Racist.