CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

164 posts
User avatar
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7725
Joined: 27 Mar 2012 19:05
Location: Bournemouth

Re: RUMOUR - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Royal Ginger » 15 Jul 2017 00:50

genome wrote:Can we please, please not do the Icelandic clap?

Please?


+ fcucking 1

User avatar
TFF
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12257
Joined: 20 Jan 2006 10:17
Location: Running to the hills

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by TFF » 15 Jul 2017 09:26

Image

Oh, and I hope Royal_jimmy recovers from his burn injuries soon

double d
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4243
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by double d » 15 Jul 2017 10:02

Just the striker we need..... Another useless signing

User avatar
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 42371
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:27
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by TBM » 15 Jul 2017 10:05

Football manager has him valued at £7.5m on my game so he can't be that bad

Stats show him as an aggressive handful of a striker

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8360
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: Dance, dance, dance, in your Joy Division oven gloves

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2017 10:54

TBM wrote:Football manager has him valued at £7.5m on my game so he can't be that bad

Stats show him as an aggressive handful of a striker


Bit like these guys?

Image


CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4484
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jul 2017 11:02

I think people need to just calm down a bit and trust the managers judgment. He proved many wrong last season and there's no reason he won't again this.

Oilroyal
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Oilroyal » 15 Jul 2017 11:09

^ this ... and I doubt he's the only forward we'll sign this summer. I would think that he's been drafted in to become part of a much bigger picture.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2776
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jul 2017 11:27

TBM wrote:Football manager has him valued at £7.5m on my game so he can't be that bad

Stats show him as an aggressive handful of a striker

FM has him with a PA of 131 which would make him the best striker in the team with Yann at 126. Hes a steer clear of in the game (which obviously means nothing in real life)

Snowflake Royal
Member
Posts: 352
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2017 12:06

The way I see it, is he's an improvement on Mendes, Meite, Samuel or Rakels and young enough to be Kermogant's long term replacement if he does well.

We've got just him, Kermorgant (injured), Mendes (injured), Loader (v young) and Smith (v young) so even if Stam's planning to mostly play the 4-4-3 we still need someone else really, doubly so if he wants to use 3-5-2.

If we get to September and he's still the only striker we've signed, feel free to get a little nervous, unless Yann and Mendes are fighting fit and / Loader has burst onto the scene.

But until then, it's a step in the right direction, if not quite the statement of intent Tommio wanted.


User avatar
LightwaterRoyal
Member
Posts: 889
Joined: 28 Jun 2012 13:54
Location: Javea, Alicante

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by LightwaterRoyal » 15 Jul 2017 14:13

Snowflake Royal wrote:The way I see it, is he's an improvement on Mendes, Meite, Samuel or Rakels and young enough to be Kermogant's long term replacement if he does well.

We've got just him, Kermorgant (injured), Mendes (injured), Loader (v young) and Smith (v young) so even if Stam's planning to mostly play the 4-4-3 we still need someone else really, doubly so if he wants to use 3-5-2.

If we get to September and he's still the only striker we've signed, feel free to get a little nervous, unless Yann and Mendes are fighting fit and / Loader has burst onto the scene.

But until then, it's a step in the right direction, if not quite the statement of intent Tommio wanted.


+1000000

biff
Member
Posts: 354
Joined: 07 Mar 2008 23:33

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by biff » 15 Jul 2017 14:56

Heard from somebody at the club that Yann may well be retiring due to the length of rehab after this op.

Oilroyal
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Oilroyal » 15 Jul 2017 15:03

not great news but respect to Yann for not doing a Jason Roberts on us.

RichTea94
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 18:37

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by RichTea94 » 15 Jul 2017 15:14

Snowflake Royal wrote:The way I see it, is he's an improvement on Mendes, Meite, Samuel or Rakels and young enough to be Kermogant's long term replacement if he does well.

We've got just him, Kermorgant (injured), Mendes (injured), Loader (v young) and Smith (v young) so even if Stam's planning to mostly play the 4-4-3 we still need someone else really, doubly so if he wants to use 3-5-2.

If we get to September and he's still the only striker we've signed, feel free to get a little nervous, unless Yann and Mendes are fighting fit and / Loader has burst onto the scene.

But until then, it's a step in the right direction, if not quite the statement of intent Tommio wanted.


Agree 100%. Best post in the thread.


Hound
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1444
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Hound » 15 Jul 2017 16:04

Oilroyal wrote:not great news but respect to Yann for not doing a Jason Roberts on us.


Not great news? Would be terrible news!

I thought they were saying weeks rather than months?

Oilroyal
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Oilroyal » 15 Jul 2017 16:19

Hound wrote:
Oilroyal wrote:not great news but respect to Yann for not doing a Jason Roberts on us.


Not great news? Would be terrible news!

I thought they were saying weeks rather than months?


so did I, shame if biff's contacts correct.

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 1894
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Lower West » 15 Jul 2017 16:23

Like any buy. There's a risk that it won't work out. If the club has done it's homework. Then he has both the attitude that Stam is demanding and the ability to play in the position(s) in the team formation. At 6' 3 will add height to the team defensively.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5170
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Sutekh » 15 Jul 2017 17:22

Oilroyal wrote:
Hound wrote:
Oilroyal wrote:not great news but respect to Yann for not doing a Jason Roberts on us.


Not great news? Would be terrible news!

I thought they were saying weeks rather than months?


so did I, shame if biff's contacts correct.


From what I've seen in the media Yann is expected to be out for at least 3 months which means October before he'd start getting close to playing again.

Royal_jimmy
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2017 17:53

God help us all.

Hopefully help us defensively when we scrap for the points to avoid relegation

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2017 18:18

Royal_jimmy wrote:God help us all.

Hopefully help us defensively when we scrap for the points to avoid relegation

Gosh, I wish I had a friend as nice and cheerfully positive as you. What a delight it must be to spend time with you.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14352
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by genome » 15 Jul 2017 18:23

Royal_jimmy wrote:God help us all.

Hopefully help us defensively when we scrap for the points to avoid relegation


Hi Jimmy.

Any response to this? I've not heard back anything from you.

genome wrote:
Royal_jimmy wrote:
maffff wrote:Were you one of those saying the same about Kermorgant?


Nope I was happy with the Kermorgant signing as he has a proven record at this level


Just had a look at the Kermorgant Signs thread...

Royal_jimmy wrote:At best an underwhelming signing. I'd rather get Samuel blooded into the side.

164 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

It is currently 17 Aug 2017 23:44