CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

164 posts
biff

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by biff » 16 Jul 2017 01:34

My link is ground staff so i suppose its a pinch of salt thing. But an op at that age will be a little while out. I sincerely hope we see him again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jul 2017 09:15

Ian Royal
Royal_jimmy God help us all.

Hopefully help us defensively when we scrap for the points to avoid relegation

Gosh, I wish I had a friend as nice and cheerfully positive as you. What a delight it must be to spend time with you.

Ditto. Why is everyone getting in a state? This is precisely why Bodvarsson's be bought. A hardworking gets everywhere big old centre forward that will give much of what Yann brought to the team.

The club I would imagine are still in the market for another striker as they were looking for one before Yann got crocked.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Jul 2017 09:19

Perfect alternative to Yann & at a good age. Pleased with this presuming we bring in another forward with more goal scoring potential.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 16 Jul 2017 09:47

From what I remember of him in the Euros last year (and my memory is sketchy) he seems like Yann before he started banging in the goals in the second half of last season. I imagine we've bought him as Yann's long-term replacement. If he's going to be playing out wide (or won't be our main striker) then it could be a good signing for us, but Iceland played a 4-4-2 defend-from-the-front system so it's difficult to know really how he'll fit in.

Anyway, having an Icelander has got to be a good thing!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Jul 2017 11:22

Jón Daði Böðvarsson

I trust we'll all be respecting the correct spelling

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 11:29

I know they beat us at the Euros but let's not kid ourselves, Iceland are a minnow nation. They're shite. Surely there's a decent young English striker we could have got in instead of this donkey.

Remember that bloke we had in on loan a few years ago, Gunnar Thorvaldson. Utter garbage. Completely ruined my Blackpool away experience.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 11:49

John Smith I know they beat us at the Euros but let's not kid ourselves, Iceland are a minnow nation. They're shite. Surely there's a decent young English striker we could have got in instead of this donkey.

What are you defining as minnows?

Slovakia? Wales? Ireland? Sweden?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jul 2017 11:55

John Smith I know they beat us at the Euros but let's not kid ourselves, Iceland are a minnow nation. They're shite. Surely there's a decent young English striker we could have got in instead of this donkey.

probably not seeing Stam's comments.

Decent and English comes at a huge premium

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 17 Jul 2017 12:23

Damnit Jimmy respond to the question!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 13:54

NewCorkSeth

Yes probably all of those nations, maybe bar Sweden

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 13:58

John Smith
NewCorkSeth

Then I really don't get your point.
The size of the nation doesn't correlate to the quality of their players? I would rather have Hamsik than some young English player for example.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 14:13

NewCorkSeth
John Smith
NewCorkSeth What are you defining as minnows?

The size of the nation doesn't correlate to the quality of their players? I would rather have Hamsik than some young English player for example.

Not size of nation, but quality of nation. I'd rather have Gareth Bale but he's a shining light in a bog standard side.

The point I'm making is we have recruited an average foreigner when surely there's a much better young player from England that we don't need to bring in from abroad.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 17 Jul 2017 14:39

Remember that bloke we had in on loan a few years ago, Gunnar Thorvaldson. Utter garbage. Completely ruined my Blackpool away experience.

Hmm.... Since when does the size of a nation define what quality players are... Ingermarsson, Gunnarson, and Sig would certainly suggest players from smaller nations have served us well in the past.... Wales have one of the best attacking midfielders in the world... Meanwhile, England with a population at least x10 the size can't produce a team that gets through a quarter final!! Crack on Stam. Look forward to seeing him in action!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Jul 2017 14:59

John Smith
NewCorkSeth
John Smith Yes probably all of those nations, maybe bar Sweden

Not size of nation, but quality of nation. I'd rather have Gareth Bale but he's a shining light in a bog standard side.

The point I'm making is we have recruited an average foreigner when surely there's a much better young player from England that we don't need to bring in from abroad.

There probably is not a young English striker that is better than Bodvarsson that would cost a sensible amount of money. How much would it cost for Abraham or Solanke?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 15:44

John Smith
NewCorkSeth
John Smith Yes probably all of those nations, maybe bar Sweden

Well Bale may be the best player in their team but Ramsey, Williams and Allen are not that far off the England first team standard.
If your point is that the smaller teams have less depth when it comes to outside the first team that is true but most national sides first teams have quality players. Gylfi for example.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Jul 2017 15:58

Saw him play against us last season in the cup. He was decent..

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 16:01

No Fixed Abode Saw him play against us last season in the cup. He was decent..

Who do you think Chelsea have to loan to us this season?
With Stam complaining about transfer fees I wouldn't mind a few loans in. Is that Delac guy still there? He used to be a decent prospect on fm..

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jul 2017 21:28

NewCorkSeth

With Stam complaining about transfer fees I wouldn't mind a few loans in. Is that Delac guy still there? He used to be a decent prospect on fm..

He's quite good at shooting

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 22:01

Royal Ginger
NewCorkSeth

He's quite good at shooting

:arrow: Dr. Who thread.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jul 2017 08:39

And Gylfi of course is utter pants.

164 posts