CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

164 posts
mambo3

Re: CONFIMRED - Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

by mambo3 » 19 Jul 2017 16:22

NewCorkSeth
3points
NewCorkSeth How would he know the details of a transfer not involving his club?

More than likely, he would.
Mick: is he coming here?
Sheepshanks: nah, Wolves just accepted a bid of £3m from Reading

Its more than likely he is either quoting that (probably incorrect) figure as a way to divert attention in a "we didn't get him because another club spent crazy money" sort of way. Or he has decided that's how much Wolves would have asked for.
I would be surprised if Wolves valued a player they didn't want at 3 times what they paid for him a year ago.

They knew we were desperate?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2017 19:17

mambo3
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal According to Mick McCarthy, we paid 3 mill for him :shock:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... s-13352228

“I thought we had him coming on loan, but he’s gone there for three million quid or something,” McCarthy revealed after the Tractor Boys’ pre-season friendly win over Peterborough."

Can't see us paying 3 million for a player and then complaining about inflated transfer fees.. my guess is the touted > 1million is true.

If that's the case why don't the club say what they paid? Would a Championship Manager go on record saying that if it was a lie?

Firstly, he doesn't even say it's £3m, he says £3m or something, suggesting he doesn't know. Secondly, why and how wouldthe Ipswich manager know what Reading paid Wolves for someone he didn't want to buy?

He's just pulling a figure out his arse whilst he sulks. It's blatantly prone to exaggeration even if he does know. He has a vested interest to make out someone who gazumped him paid over the odds to appease his fans.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2017 19:19

mambo3
NewCorkSeth
3points More than likely, he would.
Mick: is he coming here?
Sheepshanks: nah, Wolves just accepted a bid of £3m from Reading

Its more than likely he is either quoting that (probably incorrect) figure as a way to divert attention in a "we didn't get him because another club spent crazy money" sort of way. Or he has decided that's how much Wolves would have asked for.
I would be surprised if Wolves valued a player they didn't want at 3 times what they paid for him a year ago.

They knew we were desperate?

So desperate we're not biting on Norwich's valuation of Oliviera or Newcastle's for Darlow. Clearly we're desperate enough to pay wolves anything.
:|

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Jul 2017 19:25

Snowflake Royal
mambo3
NewCorkSeth Can't see us paying 3 million for a player and then complaining about inflated transfer fees.. my guess is the touted > 1million is true.

If that's the case why don't the club say what they paid? Would a Championship Manager go on record saying that if it was a lie?

Firstly, he doesn't even say it's £3m, he says £3m or something, suggesting he doesn't know. Secondly, why and how wouldthe Ipswich manager know what Reading paid Wolves for someone he didn't want to buy?

He's just pulling a figure out his arse whilst he sulks. It's blatantly prone to exaggeration even if he does know. He has a vested interest to make out someone who gazumped him paid over the odds to appease his fans.

spot on

164 posts