CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

258 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Sone Aluko

by Silver Fox » 30 Aug 2017 21:35

Scutterbucketz Can anyone tell me what Carabao actually tastes like?

No idea, but a little bird told me over the weekend that the players aren't allowed to drink it, dunno if it's to avoid failed drug tests or just that we don't want our players having heart attacks

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

by Hound » 31 Aug 2017 08:40

I wouldn't expect them to drink it really. Caffeine intake is quite regulated by the sports science guys. Wouldn't expect the players to be allowed to knock back the caramel lattes either

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 31 Aug 2017 09:20

Silver Fox

No idea, but a little bird told me over the weekend that the players aren't allowed to drink it, dunno if it's to avoid failed drug tests or just that we don't want our players having heart attacks

Mate of mine is a GB American footballer. They're banned from drinking Red Bull - apparently because the sugar crash after the initial high puts your body into a worse position than if you'd not drunk it in the first place. The caffeine levels also probably play a part.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 31 Aug 2017 11:21

Sutekh
Linden Jones' Tash
Sutekh But is he better than McCleary or Barrow? Will he have to wait for an injury to one of those two?

And could Reading field 11 wingers yet?

He's the best male member of the Aluko family....

That's actually debatable depending on how you want to classify "best". His uncle is professor of Chemical Engineering at Howard University in Washington

Additionally he may not even be the best footballer in his family as his sister, Eniola, plays for Chelsea and England.

Eniola is class, didn't know about his uncle, should have said best footballer

Hoping he dazzles for us

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2017 11:23

His sister no longer plays for England and has been all over the news recently.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 31 Aug 2017 11:29

She's still on an England central contract however.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Aug 2017 18:49

muirinho
Winston Biscuit current age doesn't matter, the rule is to compensate the developing clubs throughout the players career via transfer fees.

I am confused at some of the detail though. Was just reading on the old Solidarity Mechanism before it was updated and it said that one prominent case was Robbie Keane moving from Leeds to Spurs. When it happened Crumlin United in Ireland were due money as he was there as a schoolboy. A year afterwards it was challenged and overturned and they had to give the money back.

My understanding is they fought for, and got, the money when he moved from Leeds to Spurs. But after that they changed the rules, so when he went from Spurs to Liverpool, they got none of that. The reason is the same reason we wouldn't anything for Gylfi unless he transfers abroad!

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/no-ca ... 80255.html

Now, the schoolboy club who produced the player will only get a payment if the player moves when he's under 23 and if he moves to a club outside of the country. As Robbie is over 23 and is staying in England, we get nothing this time around

Note the bit about club outside the country. Once a player is over 23, it's only international transfers that lead to solidarity payments.

Training compensation will be payable when a player signs his first professional contract with a club that is different from the club(s) that contributed to his training;
By contrast, solidarity payments will only be payable upon the international transfer of a player who is already a professional;

From Law In Sport
https://www.lawinsport.com/articles/ite ... n-football

Apparently, Swansea and Everton are in different countries.

A decent lawyer and we're up a cool £1m 8)

elrey

by elrey » 01 Sep 2017 02:32

Winston Biscuit I like to imagine how transfers happen in this day and age:

FFC 'so, we are looking for £2M in a basic fee structured across the contract and we want a further £1M if you go up to the PL in that time.

Stam 'soundsh good, I think my man Brian here can work thoshe numbersh out'

FFC - obviously lets not forget the mental market add on. that adds another £4.5M to his fee.

Stam - 'wow, whatsh that for?'

FFC - 'cos a Brazilian guy moved employers last month from one company in Spain to another in France, and because, you know, football'

Stam - '......yeah that soundsh fair tbh.

Mostly football players's values are based around how much money is swashing around the game rather than because others are paying x amount. Teams will try and get players and they'll pay what they think will get the player, and other teams will be like, we don't need the money.

Imagine you have a player and someone offers 5 quid for him, but your operating profit is 100 million, you don't need to sell. So they up the price to 5 million and you're like, we don't need that money. So they up it to 100 million and you're like, we're making money, but that's damn good, we'll take it.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Sep 2017 02:52

Jota from Brentford to Brum always thought he was a class act against us. Bit like David Silva of the championship would rather we got him than Aluko.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Sep 2017 04:13

Brum Royal
Silver Fox

Mate of mine is a GB American footballer. They're banned from drinking Red Bull - apparently because the sugar crash after the initial high puts your body into a worse position than if you'd not drunk it in the first place. The caffeine levels also probably play a part.

The NFL players here just take adderall, Its what they give people for ADHD. Crazy energry and focus.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2017 06:59

Linden Jones' Tash
Sutekh
Linden Jones' Tash
He's the best male member of the Aluko family....

That's actually debatable depending on how you want to classify "best". His uncle is professor of Chemical Engineering at Howard University in Washington

Additionally he may not even be the best footballer in his family as his sister, Eniola, plays for Chelsea and England.

Hoping he dazzles for us

When it comes to beating 3 defenders then spaffing the ball into the stand, his sister taught him only half of what she knows.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 01 Sep 2017 18:03

From Despair To Where?
Linden Jones' Tash
Sutekh

Hoping he dazzles for us

When it comes to beating 3 defenders then spaffing the ball into the stand, his sister taught him only half of what she knows.

He won't be needing Gilkesy then. ...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2017 20:21

Linden Jones' Tash
From Despair To Where?
Linden Jones' Tash

Hoping he dazzles for us

He won't be needing Gilkesy then. ...

I did wonder whether his signing and Gilksy's promotion might not be coincidental.

One thing I will say about Sone though is that whenever I've seen him in the media, he's always come across as articulate, intelligent and pretty grounded, a personality that I think will fit in well here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Sep 2017 11:35

Is this our first Nigerian signing?

Does it mean we'll have to hand him our bank details?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 02 Sep 2017 11:58

Yakubu

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Sep 2017 13:00

Just remember that Fulham were delighted to be getting rid of Aluko as they'd be using the money to buy Jota :lol:

I wonder if they regret selling him now?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Sep 2017 13:32

2 world wars, 1 world cup Is this our first Nigerian signing?

Akpan, Sodje, Yakubu, Chukwunyelu

And that's before you get onto those that would have been eligible for Nigeria (Robson-Kanu, Ikpeazu to name but two...).

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Sep 2017 20:29

maffff
2 world wars, 1 world cup Is this our first Nigerian signing?

Akpan, Sodje, Yakubu, Chukwunyelu

And that's before you get onto those that would have been eligible for Nigeria (Robson-Kanu, Ikpeazu to name but two...).

Oh.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Sep 2017 09:43

genome
genome Did we get something for Gylfi then?

Probably calculating this wrong but my workings are showing we should've got £1,125,000 from the Gylfi sale to Everton

I've always wondered whether we had a sell-on for Gylfi even though there's been no evidence to suggest we have (unlike Antonio who i'm convinced we got money for after his moves to Forest and West Ham).

Gylfi's Icelandic club certainly had a sell-on though, 10% IIRC, so they've done particularly well out of the Everton deal.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Sep 2017 10:03

KC Royal
genome
genome Did we get something for Gylfi then?

Probably calculating this wrong but my workings are showing we should've got £1,125,000 from the Gylfi sale to Everton

I've always wondered whether we had a sell-on for Gylfi even though there's been no evidence to suggest we have (unlike Antonio who i'm convinced we got money for after his moves to Forest and West Ham).

Gylfi's Icelandic club certainly had a sell-on though, 10% IIRC, so they've done particularly well out of the Everton deal.

Really? I don't think I have ever heard of a sell on clause that goes on for ever. In fact I suspect that it wouldn't (couldn't) be contractually binding to impose a sell on fee to a future sale. Maybe one of our resident lawyers might be able to comment?

It would just get silly, where every club was adding its own % sell on clause through the career of a player. You'd eventually end up with the actual selling club getting nothing! Or, even worse, that the selling club owed more than the transfer fee to all the previous clubs!

(By future sale I mean ones like Gyllfi to Everton, which is beyond our agreement with Hoffenheim.)

258 posts