CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

258 posts
mambo3

Re: CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

by mambo3 » 30 Aug 2017 12:21

Jim Royal Looks like Fulham are using the money to try and get Dwight Gayle.

Surely there are better players out there to spend that kind of money. Fulham had him for 1 season on a free. looking to
be promoted in the same league and sell us a player for that much money. who's laughing???, time will tell.

Don't think this is gonna solve our striker problems

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour: Sone Aluko

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2017 12:38

Tommio
CountryRoyal
Sutekh
All energy drinks taste ****** awful. HTH.

The only one I'll really drink is occasionally the white monster, what ever flavour it is. It's kind of fruity and doesn't have that typical redbull type taste.

Yeah the white zero calorie one is the only energy drink I ever have.

I quite like how the can has a beveled design.

Which is obviously a really important aspect of a beverage.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2017 13:18

I feel excited largely because Stam really wants this chap and it's a big money signing so clearly people somewhere must rate him highly.

But I can't help thinking that ONCE AGAIN we have bought someone who isn't a full on goal scoring striker. Like the Bod he can play on wing or up front and his goal scoring stats are poor. But he's a quick tricky winger who may well be worth the money> Having said that we have enough quick tricky wingers.

I'm NOT knocking the signing, I'm still just waiting for a proven goal scoring striker. At that sort of money I was hoping that's what we'd get.

Do you guys reckon this is it, this is the big money goal scoring striker we've been waiting for or do you reckon we are looking for a proper striker too?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Aug 2017 13:22

Jim Royal Looks like Fulham are using the money to try and get Dwight Gayle.

Maths isn't your strong point is it, Kes?

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 30 Aug 2017 13:41

Very happy with this after watching Fulham several times last year. Aluko has a lot of pace and skill, but every time i've seen him play i've been more impressed with his footballing intelligence. Takes up good positions going forward and defending, knows his position and does a good job 9 times outta 10.
No way it'll be 7.5mil up front, more likely based on goals he scores and promotion. Good business in this years mental market.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2017 13:44

I hope the price tag doesn't end up a mill stone around his neck. If he doesn't get off to a good start fairly pronto, I can see our boo boys getting on his back very quickly. I remember the stick that our big money signing Caskey got in his first couple of years with us (no account taken of the set back that a broken leg can bring). More recently, of course, we had Vydra who very quickly became their target (because of the loan fee and perceived wages).

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 30 Aug 2017 13:46

Delighted with this, an absolute quality player at this level and will cause all sorts of problems for the opposition. Also means he can't give us the run-around at Craven Cottage this season!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2017 13:49

RoyalBlue More recently, of course, we had Vydra who very quickly became their target (because of the loan fee and perceived wages).

Bullshit. Vydra was a "target" because he came with expectations that he would replicate his Watford form as a clinical finisher, however as it turned out couldn't hit a barn door and people rightly got frustrated after he squandered chance after chance.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 30 Aug 2017 13:49

Lots of people still saying "Sign a Striker"!

Have faith. Been an excellent window so far.......just a case of whether it is Oliveira or Hugill to complete the picture.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2017 14:59

CountryRoyal
RoyalBlue More recently, of course, we had Vydra who very quickly became their target (because of the loan fee and perceived wages).

Bullshit. Vydra was a "target" because he came with expectations that he would replicate his Watford form as a clinical finisher, however as it turned out couldn't hit a barn door and people rightly got frustrated after he squandered chance after chance.

Considering just how abysmal he was for us, I thought he remained fairly popular. In fairness he always worked hard and gave 100%, just he was dreadful in his time here

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2017 15:27

The Prisoner Lots of people still saying "Sign a Striker"!

Have faith. Been an excellent window so far.......just a case of whether it is Oliveira or Hugill to complete the picture.....

Or Hemed or someone else we haven't even thought of.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 30 Aug 2017 15:28

CountryRoyal

Also think its about the millions we invested in him as a loan player

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Aug 2017 15:48

I am happy with this signing and our squad isnt looking too bad now.

But, as others have said we need an out and out striker

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Aug 2017 16:15

I like to imagine how transfers happen in this day and age:

FFC 'so, we are looking for £2M in a basic fee structured across the contract and we want a further £1M if you go up to the PL in that time.

Stam 'soundsh good, I think my man Brian here can work thoshe numbersh out'

FFC - obviously lets not forget the mental market add on. that adds another £4.5M to his fee.

Stam - 'wow, whatsh that for?'

FFC - 'cos a Brazilian guy moved employers last month from one company in Spain to another in France, and because, you know, football'

Stam - '......yeah that soundsh fair tbh.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2017 16:26

Was Jaap drunk during this imaginary conversation?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2017 16:34

maffff Was Jaap drunk during this imaginary conversation?

No he was in celebration after finally getting an away win and doing his Sean Connery party piece.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Aug 2017 16:39

maffff Was Jaap drunk during this imaginary conversation?

he is always drunk in my mind

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 30 Aug 2017 16:50

If we get a striker on top of Aluko there won't be any doubt that we are going for it big time, but frankly, I won't be gutted if we don't.

These pages are full of people saying players like our latest signing having scored 9 with 10 assists has a poor goals record. :| How many did Swift and McCleary get last season to add to Kermies 20 and how many did Kelly and Barrow get just in August?

This squad has goals all over the pitch and in Bodvarsson has a second striker ideally suited to leading the line. There are going to be some very decent players struggling to make the bench and that might include a very over priced striker.

If this squad gets it's act together, trying to contain it will be a nightmare.

Amazed at what we've spent this summer and truly excited by what it's bought us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2017 17:09

CountryRoyal

You can't just rewrite history with the word Bullshit! That might have been the reason for your frustration but there were numerous comments at games, on here, twitter, Facebook, Radio Berks (including the commentary team) about the money we had paid in loan fee and wages and that we were entitled to expect an immediate and significant impact for that money. So, despite your 'Bullshit' the fee and wages were a millstone around his neck from day 1.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2017 17:36

Think it was more Dellor and co who were utterly obsessed by it than most fans

258 posts