CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

258 posts
exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIMRED: Sone Aluko

by exileinleeds » 03 Sep 2017 10:12

It wouldn't work in this instance anyway....while Swansea and Everton are in different countries, they both play under English FA rules....Celtic could be classed as a different country....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour: Sone Aluko

by muirinho » 05 Sep 2017 08:22

West Stand Man
KC Royal
genome
Probably calculating this wrong but my workings are showing we should've got £1,125,000 from the Gylfi sale to Everton

I've always wondered whether we had a sell-on for Gylfi even though there's been no evidence to suggest we have (unlike Antonio who i'm convinced we got money for after his moves to Forest and West Ham).

Gylfi's Icelandic club certainly had a sell-on though, 10% IIRC, so they've done particularly well out of the Everton deal.

Really? I don't think I have ever heard of a sell on clause that goes on for ever. In fact I suspect that it wouldn't (couldn't) be contractually binding to impose a sell on fee to a future sale. Maybe one of our resident lawyers might be able to comment?

It would just get silly, where every club was adding its own % sell on clause through the career of a player. You'd eventually end up with the actual selling club getting nothing! Or, even worse, that the selling club owed more than the transfer fee to all the previous clubs!

(By future sale I mean ones like Gyllfi to Everton, which is beyond our agreement with Hoffenheim.)

As alluded to above, his Icelandic club would have got a solidarity payment (presumably as well as a sell on) when we sold him to Hoffenheim, and then another solidarity payment when he was sold from Hoffenheim to Spurs. Because International transfers of a professional player.

Very much doubt that there was a never-ending sell-on clause - maybe because they would have got money for the second transfer after he left them, people thought there was one.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 18 Sep 2017 07:38

Aluko was the guest pundit on the Championship at the weekend. Came across as very knowledgeable about the Championship and players and was, imho, both erudite and personable. Was also very up front about whether he would celebrate if he scores against his former club(s) - hell yes!
In the words of Tim Nice But Dim " a bloody nice bloke" .

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Sep 2017 08:07

ayjaydee Aluko was the guest pundit on the Championship at the weekend. Came across as very knowledgeable about the Championship and players and was, imho, both erudite and personable. Was also very up front about whether he would celebrate if he scores against his former club(s) - hell yes!

Better pundit than footballer?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2017 10:06

loyalroyal4life
ayjaydee Aluko was the guest pundit on the Championship at the weekend. Came across as very knowledgeable about the Championship and players and was, imho, both erudite and personable. Was also very up front about whether he would celebrate if he scores against his former club(s) - hell yes!

Better pundit than footballer?

Yes. His comments found a target which more than his shots ever do.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 May 2018 14:31

The Reverend Fulham have apparently bid £7.5M for Brentford's Jota

£7.5M for Aluko is BONKERS.

According to TTE the Fulham CEO at their AGM last night said "Reading’s opening offer for Sone Aluko was £1m. Eventually rose to £7m. We didn’t want to sell but that offer was too good to turn down.”

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... sone-aluko

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 May 2018 14:43

Wizard Isn't he actually dreadful? What a waste of money.

Fair fooks to Wiz for calling this one

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 May 2018 15:03

I'm still holding out that he'll come good. Probs more fool me than anything.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 23 May 2018 15:22

Coppells Lost Coat I'm still holding out that he'll come good. Probs more fool me than anything.

i THINK HE Will aswell

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 May 2018 15:34

Coppells Lost Coat I'm still holding out that he'll come good. Probs more fool me than anything.

I am hoping he will be exchanged for some magic beans this summer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 May 2018 16:01

Old Man Andrews

not even fussed about the magic part to be honest

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 May 2018 16:32

Hound
Old Man Andrews

not even fussed about the magic part to be honest

:lol:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 May 2018 16:56

In hindsight the opening offer of £1m was too much

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 May 2018 17:40

If true then can we trust Tevreden going forward? Shocking value for money

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2018 20:13

Zip If true then can we trust Tevreden going forward? Shocking value for money

Hammond would have told them to take a hike somewhere around £2.5m. Going from £1m to £7m stinks of desperate cluelessness. And for Aluko FFS.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 23 May 2018 20:15

I reck there's loads of add-ons that bring it up to that price, but not up front stuff. Remember that the Fulham guy is going to want himself to look good too, it's not like he's a disinterested observer.

Probably 3-4 mill, with rest based on performance and promotion. So both of them could be telling the truth - as they see it.

In terms of value for money though, yes, whichever figure it is, he's been poor.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 23 May 2018 22:17

muirinho

I reck there's loads of add-ons that bring it up to that price, but not up front stuff. Remember that the Fulham guy is going to want himself to look good too, it's not like he's a disinterested observer.

Probably 3-4 mill, with rest based on performance and promotion. So both of them could be telling the truth - as they see it.

In terms of value for money though, yes, whichever figure it is, he's been poor.

This.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 May 2018 00:40

muirinho

Yeah, I'd be surprised if we wrote a check for the full 7.5 mil and handed it over early doors. I agree, around 3mil up front is probably more accurate.

That said, one of the contingencies in the price rising can be appearances...and Aluko is off to a quick start because he played a lot.

Anyway, what's done is done, and players have been known to improve in their 2nd season at a club and/or with a new manager. Interestingly, Aluko started every single one of Clement's games, so we'll see how it goes.

By the way, I thought it was rather poor of the Fulham 'exececutive' to come out with that in public, and stating a figure that may have been misleading. As in, 'Look at me, look what we fleeced them for, haha!'. Obviously it was our fault for paying whatever we did, but other team execs operate more in an arena of confidentiality, 'fee undisclosed', etc.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 24 May 2018 01:20, edited 4 times in total.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 24 May 2018 01:05

Denver Royal By the way, I thought it was poor of the Fulham 'exececutive' to come out with that in public. As in, 'Look at me, look what we fleeced them for, haha!'.

tbf, Hammond's dined out on 'half a million for Andy Hughes' for years

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 24 May 2018 01:12

Can’t believe how bad he’s been. Fingers crossed him and Edwards can prove us all wrong, but I’m starting to think they won’t, maybe pre season and actually being fit will do the trick.

258 posts