Dom Samuel

Saxo1man42

Dom Samuel

by Saxo1man42 » 19 Jul 2017 19:05

Hi, Blackburn Rovers fan here. What are this players characteristics? Pace, Power, Strength etc?

royalsroyalsroyals92

Re: Dom Samuel

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 19 Jul 2017 22:28

Pace, looks okay. Strength - not very much. I didn't see all of his games that he played for us last year, but he looked isolated with no creativity.

Think he's a decent finisher but didn't make many chances and didn't get many either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2017 22:38

His career has been blighted by about four serious injuries and long lay offs. There are rumours of a bit of a billy big bollocks attitude as well - although whether they're true or not is anyone's guess. But he's reasonably quick, not lightning or anything, but decently pacey, and has a fair eye for goal. Probably not someone you want to use as a target man or should expect a huge work rate from. Maybe someone to play off a target man, or to run from the defender's shoulder.

Scored a lot of goals for the youth team when he was about 18 iirc, before his injuries, but I think he was quite big for his age maybe, so you never can tell whether it'll translate. Probably ought to be good enough for League One if he can knuckle down and get a decent run in the side whilst fit.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Jul 2017 05:48

Will do well for you in League Two following relegation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2017 06:54

Seemed to be one of this players who was 'good' in a lot of aspects without being outstanding in any

Stam certainly suggested his attitude wasn't quite right at times

In saying that he should do a decent job at that level and if he can stay fit I'm sure he'll bag a fair few goals

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jul 2017 08:56

Fitness is his biggest problem, he is always injured.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 20 Jul 2017 10:12

I don't think knee surgery and a fractured ankle counts as "always injured" myself but hey. Anyway wrt the OP, he'll do well for you this season. Has a scoring record of one in three when on loan in that division so fully expect him to bag between 15-20 for Rovers this season. Decent signing for you, shame our Manager doesn't rate him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jul 2017 10:19

He's made of glass and will probably brake his toe the first time he kicks a ball, in fact it wouldn't surprised me if he obtained a distal radius fracture merely from signing his contract.

Good luck.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jul 2017 10:21

Muskrat I don't think knee surgery and a fractured ankle counts as "always injured" myself but hey. Anyway wrt the OP, he'll do well for you this season. Has a scoring record of one in three when on loan in that division so fully expect him to bag between 15-20 for Rovers this season. Decent signing for you, shame our Manager doesn't rate him.

His loan spell at Ipswich was a waste of time as he got injured as soon as he was he went there, but forget looking at all the facts !
He has shown no sign at all of scoring 20 goals a season, he first of all needs to play regularly before anyone has a clue if he will make the grade.
He's a gamble, and if we did get £500k for him he's not a cheap gamble.
If he had shown any consistency then perhaps Stam and the coaching team might have rated him, but if they don't then it is a shame he has done nothing to make them think he is a top end Championship player. That is down to him, not them.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jul 2017 10:24

I remember watching him in the checkatrade u23 game against Bristol Rovers where he was one of the senior players.

Was easily the worst player on the park.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2017 11:24

He was part of a golden generation of graduates from our academy of which much (maybe too much) was expected. They are all now, almost without exception playing their trade in League 1 or below. There's maybe 2 or 3 in the Scottish Premier.

He's not without ability but comes with a sick note. He did have a decent spell at Coventry where he looked a potential 20 goal a season player in League 1 but that's where his injury problems really started. Think of an occasionally goalscoring Hope Akpan.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 20 Jul 2017 12:06

Nameless
Muskrat I don't think knee surgery and a fractured ankle counts as "always injured" myself but hey. Anyway wrt the OP, he'll do well for you this season. Has a scoring record of one in three when on loan in that division so fully expect him to bag between 15-20 for Rovers this season. Decent signing for you, shame our Manager doesn't rate him.

His loan spell at Ipswich was a waste of time as he got injured as soon as he was he went there, but forget looking at all the facts !
He has shown no sign at all of scoring 20 goals a season, he first of all needs to play regularly before anyone has a clue if he will make the grade.
If he had shown any consistency then perhaps Stam and the coaching team might have rated him, but if they don't then it is a shame he has done nothing to make them think he is a top end Championship player. That is down to him, not them.

Mins per goal in championship, will tell you a lot.
Championship Clubs during the Jan Loan interested. as well as this transfer period.
Has he had as many injuries as McCleary, McShane, ilori, Harriot.

Must be doing something right.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Jul 2017 12:10

He was better when he had long hair. Dominic Samson is more accurate.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jul 2017 12:46

mambo3
Nameless

Championship Clubs during the Jan Loan interested. as well as this transfer period.

Watching him play tells you more than iffy stats !
Mins per goal needs to be judged over more than a handful,of games but even so he's got 2 goals in 17 appearances in the Championship.
Championship clubs 'interested' but not actually making offers tells you a lot....
He made have had as many injuries as the players you mention but he's not close to being as good as any of them.
He's 23 and has hardly played first team football. Either he's had lots of injuries or he just isn't quite good enough for the Championship. I'd suggest it's a mix.
I wish him well at Blackburn but all the signs are he's probably going to fit in with Div 1.

What is it you think he's doing right ?

mambo3

by mambo3 » 20 Jul 2017 12:51

Nameless
mambo3
Nameless

Mins per goal needs to be judged over more than a handful,of games but even so he's got 2 goals in 17 appearances in the Championship.
Championship clubs 'interested' but not actually making offers tells you a lot....
He made have had as many injuries as the players you mention but he's not close to being as good as any of them.
He's 23 and has hardly played first team football. Either he's had lots of injuries or he just isn't quite good enough for the Championship. I'd suggest it's a mix.
I wish him well at Blackburn but all the signs are he's probably going to fit in with Div 1.

He has a new manager that believes in him?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jul 2017 13:38

mambo3
Nameless
mambo3

He has a new manager that believes in him?

LOL. As if all managers 'believe' in all players they sign ! He's hardly a marquee signing is he ! Blackburn need new players, he's one of several they'll sign. And having a new manager doesn't explain what you think he did right last season, which was the point you were making...

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Jul 2017 14:03

Give up Nameless, you're wasting your time. It's well documented Samuel struggled with injuries yet 'only' having had major knee surgery and a fractured ankle at 23 is 'hardly' injured at all.. Not to mention the other times he was out injured..

Mambo has proven time and time again that he has little football knowledge, and a lot of affection for any academy graduate who he will defend til his last death.

As always, I wish Samuel the best of luck in his career, but feel this is the right move by the club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jul 2017 14:27

LWJ
Mambo has proven time and time again that he has little football knowledge, and a lot of affection for any academy graduate who he will defend til his last death.

Is mambo a cat? :? How many deaths does he have?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2017 14:40

He is mambo No3 and possibly also Dom Samuel's mum.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 20 Jul 2017 14:49

CountryRoyal
LWJ

Is mambo a cat? :? How many deaths does he have?

I think he's on number 5.