Depth Chart

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

Depth Chart

by Gus the teenage cow » 21 Jul 2017 12:17

Can someone do a depth chart American football style?

First choice, second choice, third choice (if applicable), fourth choice (if applicable) for each of these positions

I am particularly concerned about depth at full-back positions and up front and I am sure the depth chart analysis will bear this out

GK
RB
LB
CB
CM
WM (wide midfield )
F

SpaghettiHoop

Re: Depth Chart

by SpaghettiHoop » 21 Jul 2017 12:30

Why not do it yourself?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 21 Jul 2017 12:35

SpaghettiHoop Why not do it yourself?

I'm not one to hog the platform

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jul 2017 12:47

I thought a Depth Chart was a go to table reference to help women find the perfect sized dildo.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2017 12:56

Bearing in mind we have a lot of players who can play in several positions, this doesn't fully cover everything. Several youth players are missing too. But anyway:

GK
Mannone, Jaakkola, Legg, Ward, Driscoll, Rosario, Andresson, Desbois, Hillson (Loaned out: Bond). (May have left: Southwood)

RB
Gunter, Watson, Sheppard, Howe, Wilson

LB
Obita, Richards, Medford-Smith, Balogun

CB
Ilori, Moore, Blackett, McShane, Cooper, Dickie, Andresson, McInytre, Osho, Akinwumuni, Odimayo, Burley, Nditi (loaned out: Gravenberch)

CM
Evans, Swift, Kelly, van den Berg, Quinn, Rinomhota, Wieser, Barrett, East, Holsgrove, Shokunbi, Green, Coleman, Philby, Sole

WM
Beerens, McCleary, Harriott, Clement, Popa, Rollinson, (loaned out: Meite)

F
Kermorgant, Mendes, Böðvarsson, Loader, Smith, Frost, Davis, House, Nolan, Okuboyejo, Stevens, Hansen, (loaned out: Novakovich, Rakels). We also had Ogo Obi and Jesse Arizie in for the Bath City game. They might have been trialists.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 21 Jul 2017 12:59

maffff Bearing in mind we have a lot of players who can play in several positions, this doesn't fully cover everything. Several youth players are missing too. But anyway:

GK
Mannone, Jaakkola, Legg, Ward, Driscoll, Rosario, Andresson, Desbois, Hillson (Loaned out: Bond). (May have left: Southwood)

RB
Gunter, Watson, Sheppard, Howe, Wilson

LB
Obita, Richards, Medford-Smith, Balogun

CB
Ilori, Moore, Blackett, McShane, Cooper, Dickie, Andresson, McInytre, Osho, Akinwumuni, Odimayo, Burley, Nditi (loaned out: Gravenberch)

CM
Evans, Swift, Kelly, van den Berg, Quinn, Rinomhota, Wieser, Barrett, East, Holsgrove, Shokunbi, Green, Coleman, Philby, Sole

WM
Beerens, McCleary, Harriott, Clement, Popa, Rollinson, (loaned out: Meite)

F
Kermorgant, Mendes, Böðvarsson, Loader, Smith, Frost, Davis, House, Nolan, Okuboyejo, Stevens, Hansen, (loaned out: Novakovich, Rakels). We also had Ogo Obi and Jesse Arizie in for the Bath City game. They might have been trialists.

Thank you, that is sufficiently comprehensive, I would agree with your ordering apart from one glaring error where you have placed Clement above Popa in the wide midfield depth chart (hopefully a careless oversight rather than an unforgivably intentional misjudgement of player ability)

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2017 13:07

Gus the teenage cow Thank you, that is sufficiently comprehensive, I would agree with your ordering apart from one glaring error where you have placed Clement above Popa in the wide midfield depth chart (hopefully a careless oversight rather than an unforgivably intentional misjudgement of player ability)

Heh.

No specific ordering tbf.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2017 13:22

Do we have 2 Andressons, or is the centre back also capable of playing in goal ?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2017 13:55

Nameless Do we have 2 Andressons, or is the centre back also capable of playing in goal ?

Axel's younger brother Jokull is a goalkeeper on our books. Joined at the same time.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2017 14:11

maffff
Nameless Do we have 2 Andressons, or is the centre back also capable of playing in goal ?

Axel's younger brother Jokull is a goalkeeper on our books. Joined at the same time.

Thanks, didn't know that !

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2017 17:17

maffff

Are they both Andre's sons?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Jul 2017 17:19

Might well see more of 3 at the back. Playing with wingbacks instead.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2017 17:44

Lower West Might well see more of 3 at the back. Playing with wingbacks instead.

I think it's likely to be our standard formation and I'm not sure McShane will be starting unless Ilori can play on the left.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Jul 2017 18:15

Gus the teenage cow Thank you, that is sufficiently comprehensive, I would agree with your ordering apart from one glaring error where you have placed Clement above Popa in the wide midfield depth chart (hopefully a careless oversight rather than an unforgivably intentional misjudgement of player ability)

What a twat Gus is. Asks for a list, gets a list and assumes some priority order in it, and then complains about the priority order :roll: :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Jul 2017 19:24

Nameless
Lower West Might well see more of 3 at the back. Playing with wingbacks instead.

I think it's likely to be our standard formation and I'm not sure McShane will be starting unless Ilori can play on the left.

With Williams gone and Yann out. The team needs the experience and leadership of McShane. What's required is a midfield general to knit the team together. Seems quiet on the transfer front in that regard.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 21 Jul 2017 22:24

PieEater

What a twat Gus is. Asks for a list, gets a list and assumes some priority order in it, and then complains about the priority order :roll: :lol:

Yes, total twat, and that's just because he responded to the request.

Davezk

by Davezk » 22 Jul 2017 10:55

Bit of a lack of depth at Fullback. If Obita / Gunter get injured I suppose Watson could come in RB but what about LB?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2017 11:38

Davezk Bit of a lack of depth at Fullback. If Obita / Gunter get injured I suppose Watson could come in RB but what about LB?

Is Omar Richards far behind Watson in terms of development?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Jul 2017 13:45

Davezk Bit of a lack of depth at Fullback. If Obita / Gunter get injured I suppose Watson could come in RB but what about LB?

Why the 'suppose' about Watson ? Perfectly good option.
At left back we could always use the guy who played there half of last season.....

A third option for either position would be nice, but not essential. Don't think any of the younger players are quite ready yet but then who really knew Kelly was up to it.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Jul 2017 13:53

CountryRoyal

Is Omar Richards far behind Watson in terms of development?

Are you expecting some sort of FB-specific virus or something?

If Obita is injured, then Blackett can play there. Or Gunter can come across, and Watson can play at RB.
If Gunter is injured, then it's Watson. Who looks fine to me. Behind him McCleary could do a job if they were both out, and you were dubious about going further into the academy.

If Gunter, Watson, Obita AND Blackett were all struck down, could also switch to 5 at the back, and use wingers as wing-backs. We're definitely heading into "extremely unlikely" territory here.

I don't think we have depth issues at fullback. What we possibly have is competition issues. But that's a different question.