The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Hendo » 21 Feb 2018 15:17

Saw this last night, agreed, grade A bell-end.

Sounds like a cry for attention, which of course, we are giving him!

Anyone who is happy when we lose or concede goals, no matter your thoughts and views on Stam or how the team are getting on, :arrow:

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Feb 2018 17:46

Hendo
LWJ
genome I enjoyed the tweet yesterday where he criticised Jem Karacan for being unable to get into the Bolton team (he's been injured)

Even when he wasn't injured he was dropped, not been good enough and Bolton fans are hoping to not see him near the starting line up currently.

Shame as I always rated the lad

Doubt he has every fully recovered from those 2 horrific injuries, which is a shame as I always rated him as well.

Bolton fans raving about him after their win last night. He also played 90 mins (was subbed in injury time). He could be fairly important to their survival chances. He certainly helped push them over the line last season.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2018 19:19

Same twat who's trying to organise a 70th minute walkout on Saturday, he probably already leaves at that time and just wants people to join him the twat.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Jun 2018 22:10

This is either a shit wind up, or the delusion of this bellend is up there with the best...

Genuinely the worst Reading fan on the internet, and I hope he reads this.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 09 Jun 2018 22:26

WAZZOCK This is either a shit wind up, or the delusion of this bellend is up there with the best...

Genuinely the worst Reading fan on the internet, and I hope he reads this.

Ah, Tom haven’t seen him in a while, will admit I gave him a fair amount of stick in the past for his tweets, but I think it’s clear the bloke has issues, feel a bit sorry for him in a way tbh. His behaviour isn’t normal by any means, especially with how he doesn’t like criticism of Gunter, or “negativity” how he puts it.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Jun 2018 23:16

Oh, that's where the fat goalkeeper is these days.

Wouldn't know, I'm blocked by him.

His loss.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jun 2018 08:19

"ONE CLAIRE BALDING, THERES ONLY ONE CLAIRE BALDING"

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Jul 2018 21:59

Anyone familiar with that Jamie Gorman bloke? Really been annoying me recently, thinks he's oxf*rd brilliant.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jul 2018 23:40

Twitter's basically day care for agoraphobics. Somewhere to go so that people know you're still alive and if you're lucky they'll give you an online slap when you metaphorically start eating the crayons and shit on the floor.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Jul 2018 00:02

From Despair To Where? Twitter's basically day care for agoraphobics. Somewhere to go so that people know you're still alive and if you're lucky they'll give you an online slap when you metaphorically start eating the crayons and shit on the floor.

oxf*rd me, what is HNA? then?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jul 2018 00:12

Seriously, this place is nowhere near as bad as Twitter or Facebook.

I'm not talking about official club or agency feeds but your fan pages and groups.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jul 2018 07:45

From Despair To Where? Seriously, this place is nowhere near as bad as Twitter or Facebook.

I'm not talking about official club or agency feeds but your fan pages and groups.

One thing that surprises me about them is the seemingly vast display of general ignorance, not to mention the fact they’re also riddled with annoying, illiterate twats.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jul 2018 07:51

CountryRoyal
From Despair To Where? Seriously, this place is nowhere near as bad as Twitter or Facebook.

One thing that surprises me about them is the seemingly vast display of general ignorance, not to mention the fact they’re also riddled with annoying, illiterate twats.

The worst thing is those fans that copy certain individuals into their horribly, nonconstructive, negative tweets with absolutely no regard or consideration about what they're doing.

Eg:

"I wish @chrisgunter would just fck off now"
"Have we still not sold @tylerblackett? The guy is absolutely abysmal, get rid now"

Seriously? They may be on decent money, and some may have certain views on them as footballers and people, but no matter what you think, they're still human beings. It's completely unnecessary

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jul 2018 08:10

bobby1413
CountryRoyal

The worst thing is those fans that copy certain individuals into their horribly, nonconstructive, negative tweets with absolutely no regard or consideration about what they're doing.

Eg:

"Have we still not sold @tylerblackett? The guy is absolutely abysmal, get rid now"

Seriously? They may be on decent money, and some may have certain views on them as footballers and people, but no matter what you think, they're still human beings. It's completely unnecessary

+1

That’s the problem with the internet and (partial) anonymity. It gives idiots a platform to speak and act in a way they wouldn’t and couldn’t in the real world because someone would deck them.

But you know, they’re so cool and hard because they insulted a footballer on the interwebz. :|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jul 2018 08:27

At least on here, you have room to try to form a coherent argument. On twitter it's difficult to construct a analysis of a Player A in 160 characters so why not just call him a pcunt?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jul 2018 08:32

CountryRoyal It gives idiots a platform to speak and act in a way they wouldn’t and couldn’t in the real world because someone would deck them.

But you know, they’re so cool and hard because they insulted a footballer on the interwebz. :|

One of the finest examples of this was Jamie H* - the jumped up sh*t.

After a game, I can't remember which he posted something like:

"Players are a disgrace, not one came over and all played abysmal"

Paul McShane responded - "What the hell? I came over to you, you thanked me, and had a picture together"

Jamie H* then immediately backed down, received quite a lot of stick and made his account private.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jul 2018 08:32

CountryRoyal
bobby1413
CountryRoyal

Eg:

+1

That’s the problem with the internet and (partial) anonymity. It gives idiots a platform to speak and act in a way they wouldn’t and couldn’t in the real world because someone would deck them.

I can't speak for any of the other players but I know someone who slagged Chris Gunter off (reasonably constructively) which Gunter didn't like at all. It resulted in a private chat on Twitter in which both parties came away with a bit more respect for eachother by the end of it.

I think criticising a performance is perfectly fine as long as you are not personally offensive or just say things like "HE'S oxf*rd SHIT", it's not constructive at all. Supporters voicing their opinion is what Twitter is all about its just some take it too far or are so thick it is beyond them to construct a full sentence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jul 2018 08:34

bobby1413
CountryRoyal It gives idiots a platform to speak and act in a way they wouldn’t and couldn’t in the real world because someone would deck them.

One of the finest examples of this was Jamie H* - the jumped up sh*t.

After a game, I can't remember which he posted something like:

"Players are a disgrace, not one came over and all played abysmal"

Paul McShane responded - "What the hell? I came over to you, you thanked me, and had a picture together"

Jamie H* then immediately backed down, received quite a lot of stick and made his account private.

It was Liam Moore wasn't it? Jamie gets away with a hell of a lot, thinks he's a superfan and above it all because he had a meeting with the club last season about putting flags up around the ground. Completely unwarranted ego.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jul 2018 08:35

Old Man Andrews It was Liam Moore wasn't it? Jamie gets away with a hell of a lot, thinks he's a superfan and above it all because he had a meeting with the club last season about putting flags up around the ground. Completely unwarranted ego.

Yes I think you're probably right. I was torn between whether it was Gunter, Moore or McShane. I knew it was one of them but couldn't remember.

Him and some of his twitter friends are pretty insufferable

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jul 2018 08:37

bobby1413
Old Man Andrews It was Liam Moore wasn't it? Jamie gets away with a hell of a lot, thinks he's a superfan and above it all because he had a meeting with the club last season about putting flags up around the ground. Completely unwarranted ego.

Yes I think you're probably right. I was torn between whether it was Gunter, Moore or McShane. I knew it was one of them but couldn't remember.

Him and some of his twitter friends are pretty insufferable

He got in so much shit for that, remember it well. Thing is in real life he isn't like he is online at all, quite a nice bloke. It is weird how being behind a screen changes people at times.

709 posts