The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by maffff » 26 Jul 2018 00:05

sandman https://mobile.twitter.com/maffff/status/1022199092758360064

Presumably the status of this utter tool in the HNA? clique ensures he doesn't get a place on the list of twitter idiots despite his concerted efforts.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyy, I got an HNA? shoutout. Does that make me beloved?

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 26 Jul 2018 01:10

maffff
sandman https://mobile.twitter.com/maffff/status/1022199092758360064

Presumably the status of this utter tool in the HNA? clique ensures he doesn't get a place on the list of twitter idiots despite his concerted efforts.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyy, I got an HNA? shoutout. Does that make me beloved?

Beazley having your back should be a concern

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Jul 2018 04:19

bobby1413 Only Reading fans could call for sacking or show disapproval of a manager before the season even bloody begins.

Well, he isn't coming off a playoff final. But, he still has a bit of hair on his head. So, feeling generous, I'll give him a further ten games in the new season (instead of eight) :P

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2018 07:11

Not Dutch either Denver....

Maffff’s had a ‘mare there. That’s an awful tweet

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jul 2018 10:43

I do rate maffff but that’s a special kind of bellendry almost unprecedented.

Cringing tbh.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jul 2018 10:50

He's usually a pretty sound poster on here, I'm not quite sure why he's a bit of a belmonting helmist on Twitter

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 26 Jul 2018 10:53

Embarrassing and weird mafff. Good call sandman.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Jul 2018 11:34

genome He's usually a pretty sound poster on here, I'm not quite sure why he's a bit of a belmonting helmist on Twitter

He does it for fun. Same with his incessant Leeds-baiting.

Posting something idiotic enough to get a mention on here was probably an ambition, which you've helped him achieve.

(He's going to pop up now, and say it's all deadly serious :mrgreen: )

Surely the idiots of Twitter are those that find Twitter annoying, but keep using it, just so they can wallow in self-indulgent annoyance?

If a Twitter person annoys you, mute. If you want them to know they've annoyed you, block.

OR. just relax, and join in the fun, like @maffff has.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jul 2018 11:43

muirinho
genome He's usually a pretty sound poster on here, I'm not quite sure why he's a bit of a belmonting helmist on Twitter

Posting something idiotic enough to get a mention on here was probably an ambition, which you've helped him achieve.

Surely the idiots of Twitter are those that find Twitter annoying, but keep using it, just so they can wallow in self-indulgent annoyance?

If a Twitter person annoys you, mute. If you want them to know they've annoyed you, block.

I think you both may have a different definition of fun to most.

It's boring and particularly odious when you directly @ the manager and the new player.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Jul 2018 11:51

genome
muirinho

It's boring and particularly odious when you directly @ the manager and the new player.

Notice that it is "fun" when Mafff abuses our players and staff non-stop but if there is a mention of a certain person on the boards he immediately White Knights and thinks it is the worst thing known to man.......

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2018 12:07

no idea what he was playing at as agree he is normally fairly normal and sensible. Blaming a large amount of booze

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 26 Jul 2018 12:12

Hound no idea what he was playing at as agree he is normally fairly normal and sensible. Blaming a large amount of booze

Known (virtually) maffff for several years now and he's always been one of the more sensible posters and staunch club defenders. Can only think too many Turbo Shandy's have led to this weird outburst.
Last edited by Tilehurstsouthbank on 26 Jul 2018 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 26 Jul 2018 12:17

The fact he spent time making it makes him a gimp. Grow up mate.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Jul 2018 12:30

genome

OK, yeah, it hadn't clicked that he'd done that, that is pretty obnoxious.

But my point is - he regards being obnoxious on twitter as fun. Just like some posters on here, regard being obnoxious on here as fun.

It's all a game. Which, frankly, you're encouraging by this thread
Old Man Andrews Notice that it is "fun" when Mafff abuses our players and staff non-stop but if there is a mention of a certain person on the boards he immediately White Knights and thinks it is the worst thing known to man.......

Is that me you're talking about?

Nobody is consistent all the time, and I don't claim to be.
I guess I'd regard it as part of a footballer's job to deal with Twitter criticism(by responding, by ignoring, by blocking - it's up to them), and if they can't deal with it, either hire somebody to manage their social media account, or don't engage at all.

Private Twitter accounts are different. Especially ones where you have to make an active effort to see what's in them. To me, seems vastly hypocritical, and ridiculous, to make an effort to see some content, and then complain about it.

which, come to think of it, is actually consistent with what I'm saying here about @maffff. He's obnoxious on twitter. Mute him, don't come and whine.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jul 2018 12:47

muirinho
genome

But my point is - he regards being obnoxious on twitter as fun. Just like some posters on here, regard being obnoxious on here as fun.

I'm aware that he enjoys it, he wouldn't do it if he didn't enjoy it. But that shouldn't be an excuse or give him carte blanche to act like an idiot with no accountability, regardless of the reasons for him doing it. Nor should it fall on other people to be the only ones criticised for enabling them.

This thread wasn't really aimed at outing trolls anyway, it's more for laughing at people who actually believe the ridiculous things they're saying, which is different.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Jul 2018 14:55

muirinho
genome

Old Man Andrews Notice that it is "fun" when Mafff abuses our players and staff non-stop but if there is a mention of a certain person on the boards he immediately White Knights and thinks it is the worst thing known to man.......

I guess I'd regard it as part of a footballer's job to deal with Twitter criticism(by responding, by ignoring, by blocking - it's up to them), and if they can't deal with it, either hire somebody to manage their social media account, or don't engage at all.

Private Twitter accounts are different. Especially ones where you have to make an active effort to see what's in them. To me, seems vastly hypocritical, and ridiculous, to make an effort to see some content, and then complain about it.

which, come to think of it, is actually consistent with what I'm saying here about @maffff. He's obnoxious on twitter. Mute him, don't come and whine.

If he's being a twat on twitter, why not call them out on here?

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 26 Jul 2018 16:42

Platypuss
muirinho
genome

If he's being a twat on twitter, why not call them out on here?

I agree

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Jul 2018 18:39

Fine with me :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2018 19:17

maffff Fine with me :lol:

What was that about anyway? Crap day or did the walker signing push you over the edge?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Jul 2018 20:40

Hound
maffff Fine with me :lol:

What was that about anyway? Crap day or did the walker signing push you over the edge?

Beer helps, but that was fun. Had twitter on strings.

709 posts