The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by TiagoIlori » 30 Jul 2018 16:39

The parody accounts against the 1871 campaign seem to have rattled a fair few. Can’t believe how many people take them seriously!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2018 20:38

I think the people behind the South Stand thing are sensitive souls bless them, not sure why they are bothering to interact with blatant troll accounts.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jul 2018 00:21

The #readingfc hashtag has been a wasteland for the last couple of weeks. It's either 1871 trolls, or people arguing with the 1871 trolls, with both sides insulting each other and getting pretty nasty and personal. On top of that you've got 15 year olds with football avatars, now off school, tweeting mostly nonsense I can't understand. There's also others whinging and assuming a woe-is-me attitude towards everything the club does. And to top it off, mafff had a meltdown and manage to infuriate literally all of the above. :lol: Ugh.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jul 2018 13:00

genome The #readingfc hashtag has been a wasteland for the last couple of weeks. It's either 1871 trolls, or people arguing with the 1871 trolls, with both sides insulting each other and getting pretty nasty and personal. On top of that you've got 15 year olds with football avatars, now off school, tweeting mostly nonsense I can't understand. There's also others whinging and assuming a woe-is-me attitude towards everything the club does. And to top it off, mafff had a meltdown and manage to infuriate literally all of the above. :lol: Ugh.

It's been a wasteland for the last couple of years IMO. So much negativity even when we were doing well. And absolute poison earlier in the year.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 Aug 2018 16:37

genome And to top it off, mafff had a meltdown and manage to infuriate literally all of the above. :lol: Ugh.

Nice bit of light entertainment. :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Aug 2018 18:55

maffff
genome And to top it off, mafff had a meltdown and manage to infuriate literally all of the above. :lol: Ugh.

Nice bit of light entertainment. :wink:

But you lost a lot of credibility overnight, you'd built up a loyal following and you spat in their face. You let them down with your antics and the people lost a hero.

You have to go away now and take time to rethink your approach and try to win over those you have lost, show them that you are that hero they so desperately crave. Your future is still in your hands and you can come back stronger.

That or just carry on being a c*nt, whatever works bro.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Aug 2018 11:40

genome Alright, own up, which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC_Truth

Bit concerned he's going to have some kind of heart attack / breakdown today. Style seems very Informant-like to me. As in, utter bellend.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Aug 2018 11:57

10539.4 Miles Away

Bit concerned he's going to have some kind of heart attack / breakdown today. Style seems very Informant-like to me. As in, utter bellend.

Exhausting. It gets to the point that tr0lling (and general idiocy) becomes irritating and hard to ignore. It also becomes unhelpful and poisonous.

You either get the morons like that guy, or that Tom guy that blocks EVERYONE.

Or you get some of the yoofs that want Clement to be sacked before the season has started.

Last season taught me how much I value the Championship. The difference between being in this league and league one is absolutely massive. Big teams, decent games, hugely competitive, exciting and a great league. I really do enjoy the Championship. I wish more fans would appreciate our position*

* I get as frustrated as anyone, but there's a time and a place for that - like after a 5-0 loss, or after 5 losses on the bounce. Not on the build up to the FIRST game of a new season.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 03 Aug 2018 12:05

bobby1413
10539.4 Miles Away

Exhausting. It gets to the point that tr0lling (and general idiocy) becomes irritating and hard to ignore. It also becomes unhelpful and poisonous.

You either get the morons like that guy, or that Tom guy that blocks EVERYONE.

Or you get some of the yoofs that want Clement to be sacked before the season has started.

Last season taught me how much I value the Championship. The difference between being in this league and league one is absolutely massive. Big teams, decent games, hugely competitive, exciting and a great league. I really do enjoy the Championship. I wish more fans would appreciate our position*

* I get as frustrated as anyone, but there's a time and a place for that - like after a 5-0 loss, or after 5 losses on the bounce. Not on the build up to the FIRST game of a new season.

Spot on bobz. No team has a divine right to success year in year out, I enjoy a moan as much as the next man and I have little confidence that this season is going to be anything but a long hard trudge, even from a distance, but I'm not going to go to the effort of slagging off the team in public before a balls been kicked in anger. I'll wait until approx 8.10pm tonight for that.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Aug 2018 12:14

10539.4 Miles Away

I will never understand the hatred that he holds over where people sit. He probably has place cards at all his social eventshosted by himself and his mother.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 12:17

I think it can only be a parody account. Nobody would actually actually be concerned about where people are sitting in a stadium surely?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2018 12:49

I don't know, but I love the fact he's calling Mr Bushwatch out as a making a mockery of the club and that he will be responsible for us not making any signings - presumably because he will scare any players off? :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 03 Aug 2018 12:51

Forbury Lion

I don't know, but I love the fact he's calling Mr Bushwatch out as a making a mockery of the club and that he will be responsible for us not making any signings - presumably because he will scare any players off? :lol:

Lovely - I'm a bit tired of bush watch now

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2018 12:57

Reading FC -The Truth
‏@ReadingFC_Truth
Jul 5
More
Don't agree with the club making the South Stand supporters fund their own flags and banners. We are not a poor club, Reading should be doing all they can to make that part of the ground look as homely as possible and not making the supporters self fund. #readingfc

Reading FC -The Truth
‏ @ReadingFC_Truth
58m 58 minutes ago
More Reading FC -The Truth Retweeted Edward
Well said Edward and you're point is fully correct. We are losing over £15,000 in income tonight thanks to the South Stand project. They are costing the club a lot of money and we need to stop it happening. They have just over 50 tickets sold in the South Stand tonight! Sad.
Somewhere between those two tweets he turned and went from proposing the club pay for the South Stand banners/flags because we're not a poor club to moaning about the South Stand costing the club £15k in lost ticket sales

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 12:58

They aren't really rattling anyone, not subtle enough. Experienced Twitter users won't get involved.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 12:59

Forbury Lion
Reading FC -The Truth
‏@ReadingFC_Truth
Jul 5
More
Don't agree with the club making the South Stand supporters fund their own flags and banners. We are not a poor club, Reading should be doing all they can to make that part of the ground look as homely as possible and not making the supporters self fund. #readingfc

Reading FC -The Truth
‏ @ReadingFC_Truth
58m 58 minutes ago
More Reading FC -The Truth Retweeted Edward
Well said Edward and you're point is fully correct. We are losing over £15,000 in income tonight thanks to the South Stand project. They are costing the club a lot of money and we need to stop it happening. They have just over 50 tickets sold in the South Stand tonight! Sad.
Somewhere between those two tweets he turned and went from proposing the club pay for the South Stand banners/flags because we're not a poor club to moaning about the South Stand costing the club £15k in lost ticket sales

Based upon this evidence I can only assume that Kes is indeed behind it all.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Aug 2018 13:03

bobby1413
Forbury Lion

Lovely - I'm a bit tired of bush watch now

Yep. It was a little bit of fun a couple of times.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Aug 2018 13:05

I think it's gone a bit stale because he's not actually seen anyone for the last few deadline days.

I like him and the concept (when it works - the Vydra/Ola John one was great) but I think the club have gotten wise to it and are bringing people in through back doors or something.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 13:14

genome I think it's gone a bit stale because he's not actually seen anyone for the last few deadline days.

I like him and the concept (when it works - the Vydra/Ola John one was great) but I think the club have gotten wise to it and are bringing people in through back doors or something.

Club would be wise to get on board with it. At a time when there is a disconnection between the supporters and themselves this is something that everyone could have fun with. Get Jacob in to do some photos of the players etc, set it all up essentially. Wouldn't hurt.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Aug 2018 13:38

genome I think it's gone a bit stale because he's not actually seen anyone for the last few deadline days.

didn't they do one at Hogwood last window?

709 posts