MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

168 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2017 15:25

Obita not in the stands with the rest of the injured players.
That was a terrible pass by Popa. I think I've found my new escapegoat.

alfie9

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by alfie9 » 05 Aug 2017 15:27

Up until their goal I thought we played well, attacked with pace and played on the counter really well. After the goal, not so much. We're lucky that QPR are bottlers or else it'd be game over already. Big team talk needed from Stam

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2017 15:28

alfie9 Up until their goal I thought we played

Corrected for you.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:29

Not exaggerating when I say we could and probably should be 3 or 4 down.

We are absolutely terrible. Offering nothing going forward and hopeless defensively. Definitely a case of everyone still on their holidays.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:30

NewCorkSeth Obita not in the stands with the rest of the injured players.

Easily been our best player otherwise

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Aug 2017 15:30

Could be 4-0.
Utter shambles.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Aug 2017 15:33

It's a marathon not a sprint! Remember Wolves away last season?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 05 Aug 2017 15:33

I couldn't get a stream of the reading match, so I'm watching the Fulham game. Fulham are looking very good and although it is early they may be the team to beat.

Also, that forward of theirs that we are interested in looks brilliant! If we can sign, and Fulham are willing to let go of him, we should!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2017 15:34

LightwaterRoyal

During half time I can watch back the first half and tell you how many times he's touched the ball if you like? He's been poor. Bodvarsson has been much better

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 05 Aug 2017 15:35

USA_Loyal_Royal I couldn't get a stream of the reading match, so I'm watching the Fulham game. Fulham are looking very good and although it is early they may be the team to beat.

Also, that forward of theirs that we are interested in looks brilliant! If we can sign, and Fulham are willing to let go of him, we should!

Think we signed Barrow because we couldn't get Aluko.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Aug 2017 15:38

NewCorkSeth
LightwaterRoyal

During half time I can watch back the first half and tell you how many times he's touched the ball if you like? He's been poor. Bodvarsson has been much better

Bodvarsson will get more yellow cards than goals this season.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 05 Aug 2017 15:40

OK, so I've coughed up for iFollow and can't get a stream..... what do I have to click?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:40

LightwaterRoyal

That's really not saying much.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2017 15:40

NewCorkSeth
LightwaterRoyal

16.14.20 ish is his first touch of the game. Its a dribble that he messes up and then passes back to Gunter.

Edit: I got to the point of the goal and got bored. He had 12 touches including 2 throw ins one of which he played out. He was on the half way line for Bodvarssons surge up the right hand side despite being 4 feet behind him when he won the ball.
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 05 Aug 2017 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:41

Dick Habbin's hairdo OK, so I've coughed up for iFollow and can't get a stream..... what do I have to click?

Nothing. Quit while you're ahead and do something else with your day.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 Aug 2017 15:44

Sutekh Sounds awful. More of the same as last season though I suppose. Concede first and then struggle badly or score first but hold on nervously.

Maybe Obita is subject to a transfer bid from a PL club and not injured at all :?

Desperately need a striker, don't get the selecting only 6 on the bench which Stam did in a few games last season unless someone went down ill or injured at the last moment.

Losing to the fakes yet again, a team that will most likely struggle this time, shows what great headway has been made over the summer. Perhaps Reading are destined to have the season they were expected to have last season, this season

Yes, I wondered that about Obita but didn't want to admit it. Actually sounds plausible if the other injured players are there and he's not :( I guess VDB could have pulled out at the last minute, as his selection on the bench would have made more sense given the other subs.

As I thought able to listen to BBCRB commentary on Freeview but disappointing so far. It sounds like we'll be lucky to get a draw at this rate (which tbf I would have taken at the start). We're so unpredictable away from home that what you say about the importance of the first goal is exactly why our start was crucial. Maybe we'll get a smash and grab draw but not too hopeful atm.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:50

I lived in Spain my whole life and now in Scotland. Am in the Marines who unfortunately don't pay me a fortune. So don't have the disposable income available to travel to Reading and back 4 times a month. Others on here live all over the world.

But thank you for your input.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Aug 2017 15:56

iLOLorri...tw@

alfie9

by alfie9 » 05 Aug 2017 15:56

Popa breaks away, miscues a cross, goalkeeper lobs it forward, penalty.

Normal service has resumed

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 15:58

Never seen a player throw himself to the ground quicker. Other than the time Yossi Benayoun blew on Shane Long in the cup.

168 posts