MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

168 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by genome » 05 Aug 2017 16:43

CountryRoyal
genome
CountryRoyal
Did you go to Norwich?

It is. It's so flat and dull, I'm so bored. At least second half of Norwich had a laugh. This is just painful.

I just can't envision that a game where a fully up-to-speed squad were 6-1 down at half time, is better than a 2-0 loss with ten man injury-hit squad.

I'm looking forward* to another season of overreactions from you and others.

I'm not talking about context. On a purely entertainment point of view this is worse than Norwich. How often are you 6 nil down at half time? Might have been against us but at least that game had a bit of something.

This on the other hand is the most turgid, uninspiring, boring crap, and that was before the sending off.

It's not an overaction, I'm not predicting we'll get relegated. Contextually this game means oxf*rd all - I'm just saying it's dire.

Which it is.

Fair enough, but context is always important, IMO.

There is a reason it was turgid, boring, and uninspiring, seems odd to just ignore that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queen's Park Rangers (a) not sponsored by opening day depression

by genome » 05 Aug 2017 16:44

Dat league table :lol:

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 05 Aug 2017 16:48

Lets hope the rest of the league weren't watching that..

Moore, Kelly and Popa were ok. Swift was awful. Everyone else somewhere in between.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 Aug 2017 16:50

Can only get better I suppose :/

jd82 Lets hope the rest of the league weren't watching that..

Moore, Kelly and Popa were ok. Swift was awful. Everyone else somewhere in between.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 05 Aug 2017 16:51

Looking on the positive side, Barrow looks like he'll be fun to watch.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Aug 2017 16:52

Lacoste Glad all of you bothered to come today.

Not spending £33 + travel on a league game, don't give a shit if that supposedly makes me a bad fan, oxf*rd that.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 Aug 2017 17:00

LightwaterRoyal I lived in Spain my whole life and now in Scotland. Am in the Marines who unfortunately don't pay me a fortune. So don't have the disposable income available to travel to Reading and back 4 times a month. Others on here live all over the world.

But thank you for your input.

Was this directed at me? :?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 17:03

genome
CountryRoyal
genome
I just can't envision that a game where a fully up-to-speed squad were 6-1 down at half time, is better than a 2-0 loss with ten man injury-hit squad.

I'm not talking about context. On a purely entertainment point of view this is worse than Norwich. How often are you 6 nil down at half time? Might have been against us but at least that game had a bit of something.

This on the other hand is the most turgid, uninspiring, boring crap, and that was before the sending off.

It's not an overaction, I'm not predicting we'll get relegated. Contextually this game means oxf*rd all - I'm just saying it's dire.

Which it is.

Fair enough, but context is always important, IMO.

There is a reason it was turgid, boring, and uninspiring, seems odd to just ignore that.

Yeah of course I wasn't ignoring it, I'll cover it in BFTG (which I'm sure you're looking forward to :P )

The performance is understandable, it doesn't change it being shit. Couldn't fault the effort today.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 Aug 2017 17:05

When we get promoted it will be a lot more than that :D

tidus_mi2

Not spending £33 + travel on a league game, don't give a shit if that supposedly makes me a bad fan, oxf*rd that.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Aug 2017 17:06

Longhorn1970 When we get promoted it will be a lot more than that :D

tidus_mi2

Except Premier League away tickets are already capped at £30.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Aug 2017 17:10

Some people calling for Stam's head on Twitter.

Just...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 Aug 2017 17:15

I wouldn't know ! I was referring to our home prices anyways ..

tidus_mi2
Longhorn1970 When we get promoted it will be a lot more than that :D

tidus_mi2 Not spending £33 + travel on a league game, don't give a shit if that supposedly makes me a bad fan, oxf*rd that.

Except Premier League away tickets are already capped at £30.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 Aug 2017 17:16

They're just joshing !! .. Give him til October

genome Some people calling for Stam's head on Twitter.

Just...

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 Aug 2017 17:17

tidus_mi2

+1.
Also, I doubt I could have got a ticket even if i'd wanted to.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Aug 2017 17:19

KC Royal
LightwaterRoyal I lived in Spain my whole life and now in Scotland. Am in the Marines who unfortunately don't pay me a fortune. So don't have the disposable income available to travel to Reading and back 4 times a month. Others on here live all over the world.

I can’t speak for LightwaterRoyal but I think it was after Lacoste posted about people on here not at the game. It was the typical Lacoste “I’ve been drinking before the game” rant at other Reading fans which the mods rightly deleted the bad taste spat by Lacoste re fans using this forum on a Saturday afternoon

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 05 Aug 2017 17:20

Using the term 'fans' in the broadest terms !! ...

Oilroyal
KC Royal

I can’t speak for LightwaterRoyal but I think it was after Lacoste posted about people on here not at the game. It was the typical Lacoste “I’ve been drinking before the game” rant at other Reading fans which the mods rightly deleted the bad taste spat of fans using this forum on a Saturday afternoon

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Aug 2017 17:21

Longhorn1970 Using the term 'fans' in the broadest terms !! ...

Oilroyal
KC Royal

I can’t speak for LightwaterRoyal but I think it was after Lacoste posted about people on here not at the game. It was the typical Lacoste “I’ve been drinking before the game” rant at other Reading fans which the mods rightly deleted the bad taste spat of fans using this forum on a Saturday afternoon

give it 35 years Longhorn

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 Aug 2017 17:23

Oilroyal
KC Royal

I can’t speak for LightwaterRoyal but I think it was after Lacoste posted about people on here not at the game. It was the typical Lacoste “I’ve been drinking before the game” rant at other Reading fans which the mods rightly deleted the bad taste spat by Lacoste re fans using this forum on a Saturday afternoon

Ah, thanks. It was the next post after mine and I couldn't see any obvious posts he was responding to.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Aug 2017 17:25

Lacoste Do you all expect the tickets to be a tenner or something.

Pathetic.

The Informant - gone
BerksRzz - gone
Lacoste - let's have a guess.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Aug 2017 17:31

genome
CountryRoyal
genome
Oh give me a break :lol:

You lot are funny.

Did you go to Norwich?

It is. It's so flat and dull, I'm so bored. At least second half of Norwich had a laugh. This is just painful.

At least the Norwich game came out of no where. I could have predicted this result 3 weeks ago having made no meaningful signings and having only one reserve game arranged for pre-season. Way to hit the ground running :roll: f-ucking shambles

168 posts