Injury watch 2017-18 season

193 posts
mumbo-jumbo
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 20 Jul 2012 14:42

Injury watch 2017-18 season

by mumbo-jumbo » 09 Aug 2017 16:27

Thought it would be tidier to start a new thread for this season. Happy to be deleted if people would rather merge. Any news on Bods' knee?

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20411
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by genome » 09 Aug 2017 16:31

mumbo-jumbo wrote:Thought it would be tidier to start a new thread for this season. Happy to be deleted if people would rather merge. Any news on Bods' knee?


He bumped into some fans in the West Stand last night, he said he was hopeful of being back in 2 weeks.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4542
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: Defending John Swift from Philistines.

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2017 17:09

Obita?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3143
Joined: 13 Jul 2004 13:32

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Royalwaster » 09 Aug 2017 17:24

Is Beerens injured?

The Cube
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1084
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 18:52

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by The Cube » 09 Aug 2017 18:21

Look - a 200-pager.


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7516
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 10 Aug 2017 07:42

Injured already

  1. Tennai Watson
  2. Yann Kermorgant
  3. Joey van den Berg
  4. Omar Richards
  5. Paul McShane
  6. Garath McCleary
  7. Callum Harriott
  8. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
  9. Roy Beerens

Any others?

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6089
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by CountryRoyal » 10 Aug 2017 09:00

Sutekh wrote:Injured already

  1. Tennai Watson
  2. Yann Kermorgant
  3. Joey van den Berg
  4. Omar Richards
  5. Paul McShane
  6. Garath McCleary
  7. Callum Harriott
  8. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
  9. Roy Beerens

Any others?


Obita?

When did Richards get injured? And Bod said he should be ok for Fulham.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3064
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by John Smith » 10 Aug 2017 11:57

Any geeks able add a estimated time out alongside each player please?

russyb
Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 13:16
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by russyb » 10 Aug 2017 14:57

CountryRoyal wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Injured already

  1. Tennai Watson
  2. Yann Kermorgant
  3. Joey van den Berg
  4. Omar Richards
  5. Paul McShane
  6. Garath McCleary
  7. Callum Harriott
  8. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
  9. Roy Beerens

Any others?


Obita?

When did Richards get injured? And Bod said he should be ok for Fulham.


Richards injured in cup game on Tuesday night


double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by double d » 10 Aug 2017 19:13

Didn't even know Harriot was still here tbh

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7516
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 10 Aug 2017 19:18

Watson is out until December apparently

Kermorgant probably until October

Harriott and McCleary are probably September returns

The others are hopefully all this August.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3064
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2017 09:48

Sutekh wrote:Watson is out until December apparently

Kermorgant probably until October

Harriott and McCleary are probably September returns

The others are hopefully all this August.

Thank you Sutekh.

Hopefully we go into the Christmas period with a full compliment then. Could be good timing

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1157
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by muirinho » 15 Aug 2017 10:58

Sutekh wrote:Watson is out until December apparently


Out of idle interest, who is our backup backup right back? There were a few saying Gunter should have gone for the man rather than the ball on Saturday, and take the red card - which led me to wondering who would have replaced him, if he was suspended. It was Niall Keown before, wasn't it, but he's gone to Thistle


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7516
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2017 12:02

muirinho wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Watson is out until December apparently


Out of idle interest, who is our backup backup right back? There were a few saying Gunter should have gone for the man rather than the ball on Saturday, and take the red card - which led me to wondering who would have replaced him, if he was suspended. It was Niall Keown before, wasn't it, but he's gone to Thistle


Clement and Bacuna.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4818
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2017 12:13

Bacuna, Quinn, Ilori, Evans, Joey, Andresson... one of them could have done a job for a game or two in all probability.

Depends if we wanted to stick with a wing back or revert to full back.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1918
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2017 20:53

So can we now add Swift Kelly and Joey VDB to the ridiculous long injury list now?

marlowuk
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 18 Aug 2012 16:25

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by marlowuk » 20 Aug 2017 00:57

A suggestion that Swift's injury is a hamstring is bad news but do we know how bad that is? Or Liam Kelly's injury? Missing both those players is bad news. Swift has been improving after his last injury so we don't want another to further knock his confidence. They are two vital players for us.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4818
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2017 08:32

We should be alright if McCleary / Mendes and Berg are fit to replace them short term. Clement should be able to cover for Swift and Berg for Kelly.

But three midfielders out at once is shit.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7516
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2017 09:30

Injury list

  1. Tennai Watson ----- (December)
  2. Yann Kermorgant ----- (November)
  3. Joey van den Berg ----- (August)
  4. Omar Richards ----- (?)
  5. Jon Swift ----- (?)
  6. Liam Kelly ----- (?)
  7. Callum Harriott ----- (September)
  8. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson ----- (August)
  9. Jordan Obita ----- (September)

Berg and Bodvarsson possibly may be available for the bench on Saturday.

No idea as yet about the seriousness of the injuries to Swift and Kelly

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7642
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Hound » 20 Aug 2017 12:24

We look a much better side with Joey in the midfield. Really hope he is back for Brum

193 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jackson Corner, Rusty royal, Steve_Upper_West, tidus_mi2 and 88 guests

It is currently 18 Dec 2018 23:38