Injury watch 2017-18 season

193 posts
Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 990
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Dec 2017 15:26

3points wrote:Get Reading reporting that Harriett is out for a few months. Another relapse or poor reporting?


Does she play in the women's team? :lol:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4409
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2017 15:16

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
3points wrote:Get Reading reporting that Harriett is out for a few months. Another relapse or poor reporting?


Does she play in the women's team? :lol:

:| hilarious

Tilehurstsouthbank
Member
Posts: 990
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 15:13

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Jan 2018 12:33

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
3points wrote:Get Reading reporting that Harriett is out for a few months. Another relapse or poor reporting?


Does she play in the women's team? :lol:

:| hilarious


Not up to 'Ian Royal' standards? Just when I thought we were getting along... :lol:

3points
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1885
Joined: 27 Oct 2013 18:22

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by 3points » 14 Jan 2018 09:35

Swift and McShane injured.

Any news on whether Edwards and Beerens are injured as well? Can’t remember seeing either in the match day squad for a while

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2018 11:21

3points wrote:Swift and McShane injured.

Any news on whether Edwards and Beerens are injured as well? Can’t remember seeing either in the match day squad for a while


Thought Edwards played at Stevenage (or was on the bench) and was also guest on the BBC FA Cup Shrewsbury v West Ham coverage the following day.


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 29 Jan 2018 09:43

Just to bring up to date

McShane likely to be out for a fair while with a hamstring problem (hopefully that's what explains the loan move for Elphick rather than something more worrying)
Swift and Richards also have hamstring problems but to a lesser degree. Currently no clear idea when to expect a return for either of them

On the upside Sam Smith is fit again.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2951
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by John Smith » 29 Jan 2018 11:06

Sutekh wrote:Just to bring up to date

McShane likely to be out for a fair while with a hamstring problem (hopefully that's what explains the loan move for Elphick rather than something more worrying)
Swift and Richards also have hamstring problems but to a lesser degree. Currently no clear idea when to expect a return for either of them

On the upside Sam Smith is fit again.

What's the score with Stephen Quinn? Should he just retire?

User avatar
LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12014
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 09:59
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by LWJ » 29 Jan 2018 11:59

John Smith wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Just to bring up to date

McShane likely to be out for a fair while with a hamstring problem (hopefully that's what explains the loan move for Elphick rather than something more worrying)
Swift and Richards also have hamstring problems but to a lesser degree. Currently no clear idea when to expect a return for either of them

On the upside Sam Smith is fit again.

What's the score with Stephen Quinn? Should he just retire?

Reports are that he and the club have agreed he won't play again, retiring at end of season.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7318
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Hound » 29 Jan 2018 12:04

John Smith wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Just to bring up to date

McShane likely to be out for a fair while with a hamstring problem (hopefully that's what explains the loan move for Elphick rather than something more worrying)
Swift and Richards also have hamstring problems but to a lesser degree. Currently no clear idea when to expect a return for either of them

On the upside Sam Smith is fit again.

What's the score with Stephen Quinn? Should he just retire?


he's not going to play again for us, think that is pretty certain. Shame, as I liked him a lot as a player, but its been 3 years of probably pretty high wages down the drain


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4409
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2018 19:58

Is anyone else starting to think the Chinese should rename us Glue Factory FC?

Roberts, Quinn, Harriott...

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 03 Feb 2018 18:44

New signing, 30 mins into home debut and already crocked. Knee scan planned early next week and i’m expecting :cry: news for Tommy

#prayfortommybeingbackquick

mumbo-jumbo
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 20 Jul 2012 14:42

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by mumbo-jumbo » 06 Feb 2018 10:47

Have I missed any news on Elphick or has none be released yet? So unlucky and annoying, for him and us. At least he won't miss his Missus 'dropping' as he quaintly puts it.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 06 Feb 2018 18:22

mumbo-jumbo wrote:Have I missed any news on Elphick or has none be released yet? So unlucky and annoying, for him and us. At least he won't miss his Missus 'dropping' as he quaintly puts it.


2 months out

Outside chance of Easter I suppose .


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 07 Feb 2018 15:26

In addition to Elphick's 6-8 weeks out

Swift and Richards will be assessed ahead of the 'boro game.

McShane is going to be out for a long time,

Mendes is nearing being involved with training

Harriott is a few weeks off yet though.

Lastly Stam said in the press conference today that the club may look to see if there are any defensive free agents, who are fit enough, available to be able to give cover.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2951
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by John Smith » 07 Feb 2018 15:28

Sutekh wrote:Lastly Stam said in the press conference today that the club may look to see if there are any defensive free agents, who are fit enough, available to be able to give cover.

Patrice Evra and Joleon Lescott are available

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4738
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Feb 2018 15:29

John Smith wrote:
Sutekh wrote:Lastly Stam said in the press conference today that the club may look to see if there are any defensive free agents, who are fit enough, available to be able to give cover.

Patrice Evra and Joleon Lescott are available


Evra just signed for West Ham. Lescott it is!!!!

3points
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1885
Joined: 27 Oct 2013 18:22

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by 3points » 10 Feb 2018 16:36

Would appear that Barrow and Evans are both injured as neither in today’s match day squad

mumbo-jumbo
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 20 Jul 2012 14:42

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by mumbo-jumbo » 23 Feb 2018 10:23

Swift back training and possibly available for selection on Saturday.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 23 Feb 2018 11:13

3points wrote:Would appear that Barrow and Evans are both injured as neither in today’s match day squad


Barrow was sick, Evans - who knows?

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Injury watch 2017-18 season

by Sutekh » 27 Feb 2018 23:47

Barrow has a knock, hopeful for a return at Wolves

McCleary on crutches, going to be out for a while

Aluko ill so should be back on corners at Molyneux

193 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: From Despair To Where?, Majestic-12 [Bot], NewCorkSeth, paddy20, Silver Fox, surrounded by saints and 54 guests

It is currently 21 Nov 2018 18:17