PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by PieEater » 12 Aug 2017 17:52

double d
PieEater
double d I have a post about this already put yours on mine mods please merge

So did you actually attend the game or are you on some look at me first post oxf*rd?

No i didn't I listened in the radio so what it doesn't make me a worse fan

I hate to break it to you but it does.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 12 Aug 2017 17:56

This fvck about at the back and giving it away is past fvcking tedious now.

Esteban

Re: Back from listening to the game on the radio

by Esteban » 12 Aug 2017 17:57

alfie9
Esteban
alfie9 The game plan was fine, we would've had three points in the bag if Van Den Berg didn't make a lazy pass

But I agree FOLD THE CLUB

What was Blackett doing playing that pass in the first place? Some clown behind me blamed Gunter for it, but he had very little chance with it.

We played reasonably well, it was comfortable until we gifted them a goal. We could spend £10m on a striker, but we don't create enough chances. We need a central midfielder capable of driving us forward, more than we need a striker for me.

Blackett's pass was poor was VDB's got to do better in such a vital area of the pitch. He had the space to bring the ball down and slide it back to McShane and instead he went for a first time volleyed pass that was woefully underhit

Absolutely. No denying it was VDB's fault for the goal.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Aug 2017 17:59

double d
PieEater
double d I have a post about this already put yours on mine mods please merge

So did you actually attend the game or are you on some look at me first post oxf*rd?

Which is fine, just wait until someone is back from the game to start a BFTG theead

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Aug 2017 18:02

double d Im not a paradox

:lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Aug 2017 18:04

Really good game. Shame that we gave away such a silly goal and couldn't score another, but nothing to seriously complain about.

Think Popa should have come on for Ilori, and much earlier than any of the changes we made - we could then have made a really good go of stretching the play and taking the game to Fulham. They defended really well, particularly helped by the addition of Norwood in front of the defence - comfortably the best defensive midfielder in the league.

I hate to say it, but the referee had an absolute shocker although obviously we were the main beneficiaries. There's no way that should have been a red, from that angle and distance and with covering players it couldn't reasonably be described as DOGSO. Fredericks should have been booked in the second half for a cynical tug back. A few minutes later, he gave Moore a soft booking, and then booked Ilori for being pulled. About ten minutes later, he gave a very soft free kick against Moore when a Fulham player slipped over, but having given it really had no choice but to give Moore a second booking - he bottled it.

I don't get the Fulham hype at all. That's the fourth time they've come to the Madejski this year and they haven't looked at all threatening. OK, today things were against them, but every time we play them our fans wet themselves. They're fairly solid defensively but lack a cutting edge or attacking threat. I know that they score and concede a lot of goals against other teams, but personally I don't think they're anything to fear.

Swift was uninspired yet again although his defensive play is improving. Hopefully he gets back to his best, but for the past eight months or so we would have been better off playing Craig Tanner. I'd probably play Clement or Quinn ahead of him on Tuesday.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Aug 2017 18:05

Pandoras Box This fvck about at the back and giving it away is past fvcking tedious now.

^^^ it was all so predictable, right down to the predictable cock up

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Aug 2017 18:06

Bizarre game and our set up went out the window immediately thanks to the red.

We stuck to ourgame and the patience was always going to tell. Yes, we could have used a bit more urgency. Yes we could have stretched Fulham more. Yes we could have pushed harder for a second or earlier first. But Fulham were never in it. It took a gift to equalise.

I feel no need to feel particularly upset. Sometimes shit just happens. Total non-event of a game thanks to the ref.

Mannone - 6 fine
Gunter - 6 his usual insipid self in possession, but utterly unthreatened
Blackett - 6 needs to hug the line more when at LWB
McShane - 7 solid
Moore - 7 likewise
Ilori - 6 bit casual
Evans - 6 didn't really notice him
Kelly - 8 MotM moves the ball better than anyone else
Swift - 6 didn't really come off for him, but the lack of space made it hard
Barrow - 6 looks to have something but not his game
Mendes 6 can't really comment given how the game was never going to involve our striker much when they went to 10

Berg - 6 one mistake. Just one. Helped create our goal and was otherwise fine
Clement - 6 looked to have something
Popa - unrated, barely had a kick.

Really oxf*rd good to be back. We should be solidly top half with this squad. Maybe better.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Aug 2017 18:09

tbf some folk are upbeat after that, hope they're right.

I know you can't judge anything early (and we got better over last season), but it would be nice to have seen some real passion early doors

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Aug 2017 18:12

Snowflake Royal Bizarre game and our set up went out the window immediately thanks to the red.

We stuck to ourgame and the patience was always going to tell. Yes, we could have used a bit more urgency. Yes we could have stretched Fulham more. Yes we could have pushed harder for a second or earlier first. But Fulham were never in it. It took a gift to equalise.

I feel no need to feel particularly upset. Sometimes shit just happens. Total non-event of a game thanks to the ref.

Mannone - 6 fine
McShane - 7 solid
Moore - 7 likewise
Ilori - 6 bit casual
Mendes 6 can't really comment given how the game was never going to involve our striker much when they went to 10

Really oxf*rd good to be back. We should be solidly top half with this squad. Maybe better.

The contrast between peoples opinions of Kelly and Swift is very interesting. Swift plays slightly more advanced so is usually the one expected to deliver final balls and thus seems to receive more criticism. Kelly scoring all 3 of our goals so far of course is helping his case as the better footballer but I feel Swift is harshly rated by a lot of fans.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Aug 2017 18:19

TBH, think get Obita back in, Bacuna and Jon Dadi and we look a lot stronger

Plus Beerens, Yann and McCleary in the next month

Things will get better...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Aug 2017 18:26

What a load of f*cking sh*te.....I don't care what reputation and pedigree Stam has, but if he doesn't have the ability or knowhow to change a teams tactics when Fulham gets a player sent off after 33 seconds then what chance have we got.

This bollox about passing the ball sideways and backwards all the time is not only boring but it's not remotely entertaining totally unproductive and woeful to watch.

I thought last week was bad but this was arguably worse playing ten men for effectively 90 minutes. What in gods name has happened to Swift , he's been shocking for a while now and looks like a ghost of a player . He and Evans are very similar and simply create nothing. Barrow looks promising but the rest are a simply dreadful at present.

I feel totally despondent and angry , we're clearly going nowhere unless there is a quick miracle of a change of style.

Possession does not wins footballs matches, scoring goals does. We've not got the players or ability to play like Barcelona . Just get the bloody ball forward quicker and in the box please then we may create chances and maybe score some goals !

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Aug 2017 18:27

The pass that the gifted goal wasn't the only sloppy pass made during the game. Looked like a team lacking match sharpness. Not a starting 11 that's played together either. Wasn't a great performance nor was it terrible. A platform to kick on from.

double d

by double d » 12 Aug 2017 18:28

PieEater
double d
PieEater

I hate to break it to you but it does.

No it does not I'm the same level of fan you are I can name all of the players

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Aug 2017 18:31

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Bizarre game and our set up went out the window immediately thanks to the red.

Mannone - 6 fine
McShane - 7 solid
Moore - 7 likewise
Ilori - 6 bit casual

The contrast between peoples opinions of Kelly and Swift is very interesting. Swift plays slightly more advanced so is usually the one expected to deliver final balls and thus seems to receive more criticism. Kelly scoring all 3 of our goals so far of course is helping his case as the better footballer but I feel Swift is harshly rated by a lot of fans.

I'm a huge fan of Swift but today (and for the last couple of months really) he tried the Hollywood pass every time, which is fine when it works out if it works out even 50% of the time but today it didn't work at all. Still think he's a great player but sometimes the simpler option is the better.

As for the game in general - we looked extremely comfortable (possibly too much so) until a lethargic bit of play cost us the 3 points.
Much improved from the QPR game - and if Fulham are the bar than we look ok, albeit if they did only have 10 men for all the game. Their wingers still don't seem to have any end product and their strikers can't finish (well unless gifted)

The ref today was appalling - sent their guy off harshly, booked 3 of our players for nothing fouls in the space of 5 minutes and was just generally useless.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Aug 2017 18:32

double d
Za Vas Is double d a parody account or just a bit of a tool?

I wasn't at the game either as on holiday so won't rate the players or comment on the performance as, you know, I didn't actually see it :roll:

Im not a paradox or a tool you are not a real fan I am so I can rate the players after listening to it. I listen to all the games and I am a real fan

Does that answer your question Za Vas?

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 12 Aug 2017 18:47

It does :D

Just seen the Fulham goal on Twitter. Poor from Joey but what was that from Blackett?!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Aug 2017 19:05

The red card destroyed both team's game plan.
In many ways it was easier for Fulham, get all 10 men in front of goal and hope. Add in plenty of time wasting and a ref who really didn't have a clue...
We should have won it, we really didn't need 5 at the back and we should have changed it at half time.
We had plenty of shots, we controlled almost all the game but we should have won...
Agree Fulham are mostly hype, if they had been half the team the press and their fans think they are they would not have gone into bunker mode so quickly. Have they sold all their pacy wide players?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Aug 2017 19:11

Met a decent bunch of Fulham on the way home. They didn't think a lot of us, and felt hard done by the red, but think we're both much weaker this season.

They think Barrow's a real find.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Aug 2017 19:13

Today we're weaker due to injuries.
Our squad is stronger than this time last season.

138 posts