BFTG - Villa

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Villa

by genome » 16 Aug 2017 10:25

Silver Fox Other than that misjudgment I thought the Villa fans were on pretty decent form, considering the absolute pile of guff they look like they're going to have to deal with this year

Very good first half, silent in the second until their goal back. But that's understandable. Villa fans at full pelt is pretty impressive though.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Aug 2017 10:41

Yeah, like anyone they settled down when the full horror of the season ahead presented itself

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 11:25

I enjoyed the Villa fans last night tbf. Not sure about that Kumbaya song, but it worked when their whole end sang it. Very open to the comeback which our fans did well.

Don't fancy they will be too buoyant this year with the shambles they have on the pitch. They look even on paper well below the standard of the likes of Middlesboro, Sunderland and Hull, and don't seem to have the team ethic or young talent of the likes of us and Fulham

It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere when there is a full away end. Unfortunately most clubs in the division are the other end of the country so not sure it will be repeated too often

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Aug 2017 11:35

Hound I enjoyed the Villa fans last night tbf. Not sure about that Kumbaya song, but it worked when their whole end sang it. Very open to the comeback which our fans did well.

Don't fancy they will be too buoyant this year with the shambles they have on the pitch. They look even on paper well below the standard of the likes of Middlesboro, Sunderland and Hull, and don't seem to have the team ethic or young talent of the likes of us and Fulham

It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere when there is a full away end. Unfortunately most clubs in the division are the other end of the country so not sure it will be repeated too often

Brizzle up next at home in the league, they usually bring 4k.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 16 Aug 2017 11:40

Hound It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere when there is a full away end. Unfortunately most clubs in the division are the other end of the country so not sure it will be repeated too often

I can see both Sheffield clubs bringing 4k, 'boro if they continue doing well, Wolves, Leeds, Sunderland, Bristol City, Derby if they continue to do well, potentially even Cardiff should they continue...

We could be in for some lively games/atmospheres this year :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2017 11:57

LWJ
Hound It makes a huge difference to the atmosphere when there is a full away end. Unfortunately most clubs in the division are the other end of the country so not sure it will be repeated too often

I can see both Sheffield clubs bringing 4k, 'boro if they continue doing well, Wolves, Leeds, Sunderland, Bristol City, Derby if they continue to do well, potentially even Cardiff should they continue...

Yep - people forget with a lot of the bigger Midlands/Northern clubs they will have lots of fans living in and around London as they've moved for work so Reading will be a game they get to easily even midweek.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Aug 2017 12:16

Lots of Villa fans on the bus last night with distinctly un-brummie accents, for what it's worth

Little question from last night fact fans, our goal was given by the goal decision system, as this is the first season the EFL has had the system is there a chance this was the first EFL goal given by the system? Obviously I've not followed every game closely (also, is it only championship games that have this?) but I guess it might be the case?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 12:24

Stranded
LWJ

Yep - people forget with a lot of the bigger Midlands/Northern clubs they will have lots of fans living in and around London as they've moved for work so Reading will be a game they get to easily even midweek.

Hope so. As said, depends how well a lot of those teams are doing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2017 12:29

Silver Fox Lots of Villa fans on the bus last night with distinctly un-brummie accents, for what it's worth

Little question from last night fact fans, our goal was given by the goal decision system, as this is the first season the EFL has had the system is there a chance this was the first EFL goal given by the system? Obviously I've not followed every game closely (also, is it only championship games that have this?) but I guess it might be the case?

Given the EFL tweeted out about it, I would pretty much say it's the first.

biff

by biff » 16 Aug 2017 12:33

Impressed with their support tbf. Rinsed us early on. Our reactionary chants are spot on though.

Liam Moore is the best CB I can remember for us. Wins literally everything at both ends.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Aug 2017 12:37

Stranded
Silver Fox Lots of Villa fans on the bus last night with distinctly un-brummie accents, for what it's worth

Excellent, another one for the record books!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Aug 2017 12:43

Silver Fox
Stranded

There was a goal in the Brentford 3-4 Forest match which was given thanks to GDS.

And, of course, an EFL side received the benefit of GDS a couple of years before in the FA Cup semi final...that'd be us then.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 12:44

biff Impressed with their support tbf. Rinsed us early on. Our reactionary chants are spot on though.

Liam Moore is the best CB I can remember for us. Wins literally everything at both ends.

agree. He is absolutely immense. A ridiculous steal at the price we got him for. Has everything, and fully expect him to be back in the Prem next season one way or the other

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Aug 2017 13:00

handbags_harris
Silver Fox
Stranded

There was a goal in the Brentford 3-4 Forest match which was given thanks to GDS.

Balls!

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 16 Aug 2017 13:33

Great result last night and played really well. Villa were dogshit tho.

On the subject of firsts - was that the first time RFC have played a false No. 9...?

Regardless , I thought Clement was excellent - fits seamlessly into the Team - and was finding space all over the park - in the first half Popa ? should've cut it back to Him on the edge of the D -

Looks like we suddenly have options & pace up top.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 16 Aug 2017 13:40

El Diablo On the subject of firsts - was that the first time RFC have played a false No. 9...?

I believe we tried to do at Birmingham last year.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 16 Aug 2017 14:39

We played a false No 9 almost every time Pavel Pogrebnyak was in the starting XI, surely!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Aug 2017 16:23

El Diablo On the subject of firsts - was that the first time RFC have played a false No. 9...?

No, we did it for a whole season when we had Asaba for all the good he did

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 16 Aug 2017 16:36

"You'll never sing that , You'll never sing thaaaaat Champions of Europe you'll never sing that"

Would have loved to have heard the riposte.

"You'll never sing that ,you'll never sing thaaaaat Simod Cup winners You'll never sing that"

Amusing to hear the different variations of the M'Lud song to humiliate Villa.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 16 Aug 2017 16:42

Glory Boy
Amusing to hear the different variations of the M'Lud song to humiliate Villa.

Certainly think we should have a repeat at Villa Park later on in the season should we take the lead :)