Back From The Match - Preston

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Back From The Match - Preston

by Kitsondinho » 19 Aug 2017 19:03

Thanks for all the concern about my health.....I fear seeing the sun for 5 mins may have given me heat stroke......After all living up norf now, I do stay indoors unless it is raining!!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Aug 2017 19:58

Same number of points and better goal difference than after 4 games last season and same points and slightly better goal difference to the corresponding 4 fixtures last season.

I think it's a bit early to be pissing our knickers and writing off the season just yet.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2017 20:05

From Despair To Where? Same number of points and better goal difference than after 4 games last season and same points and slightly better goal difference to the corresponding 4 fixtures last season.

I think it's a bit early to be pissing our knickers and writing off the season just yet.

You should check out social media if you think this is bad. 4 f*cking games, we might has well concede the rest of the season and accept relegation now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2017 20:10

From Despair To Where? Same number of points and better goal difference than after 4 games last season and same points and slightly better goal difference to the corresponding 4 fixtures last season.

Realistically it's been a fairly tough start as well with the games we've had. Still we do need to get our @rse into gear pretty quickly. Birmingham is a big game

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Aug 2017 20:14

Hound

Realistically it's been a fairly tough start as well with the games we've had. Still we do need to get our @rse into gear pretty quickly. Birmingham is a big game

Add to that, the ridiculous amount of injuries we have at this point of the season.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Aug 2017 20:23

Interesting comparison. Newcastle had 7 points and Brighton had 8. I'm not sure what it proves calculating and comparing current point tally compared to last year's point tally unless you compare all Championship clubs to see their progression or otherwise. Where were Cardiff this time last year, and Forest?

Would be interesting to see a league comparison

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Aug 2017 20:34

We can write this season off if we don't bring in a forward in the next 13 days

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Aug 2017 20:44

Oilroyal

Interesting comparison. Newcastle had 7 points and Brighton had 8. I'm not sure what it proves ca seelculating and comparing current point tally compared to last year's point tally unless you compare all Championship clubs to see their progression or otherwise. Where were Cardiff this time last year, and Forest?

Granted we played the eventual top 2 in our first 4 games last season but we're 4 games in, have players due come back from injury and still have almost 2 weeks of the transfer window left. Granted, we desparately need a striker but it's hardly panic stations.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Aug 2017 20:58

From Despair To Where?
Oilroyal

Interesting comparison. Newcastle had 7 points and Brighton had 8. I'm not sure what it proves ca seelculating and comparing current point tally compared to last year's point tally unless you compare all Championship clubs to see their progression or otherwise. Where were Cardiff this time last year, and Forest?

Granted we played the eventual top 2 in our first 4 games last season but we're 4 games in, have players due come back from injury and still have almost 2 weeks of the transfer window left. Granted, we desparately need a striker but it's hardly panic stations.

We needed a striker before the season kicked off. Every other post moots the need for a striker yet so far, the club has drawn a blank in getting one in. Also I don’t think anyone on here is seriously bed wetting over our start to this season but I think if we’re all to honest, Aston Villa aside, we’ve been outplayed, dropped points late on and shown inconsistency. I’m sure Stam and co will fix these things. You must wonder if we’re not missing Steven Reid

JIM

by JIM » 19 Aug 2017 21:45

Total rises each week. 8 points given away cause we need a goal scorer URGENTLY

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Aug 2017 22:42

This was a poor performance. The starting line up in midfield/attack totally lacked physicality. Preston got in the players faces from the off and it showed throughout.

At the very least a defensive midfield player has to be found before the window shuts. JVB appearing somewhat injury prone.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 20 Aug 2017 02:30

I dont think any striker worth their sort will come to us as we don't play with an attacker in mind. Especially as Stam does not seem to like out and out strikers. How did he get on with dwight Yorke and Andy Cole? When he was at man utd.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2017 08:09

mambo3 I dont think any striker worth their sort will come to us as we don't play with an attacker in mind. Especially as Stam does not seem to like out and out strikers. How did he get on with dwight Yorke and Andy Cole? When he was at man utd.

Worth their salt. The rest of it isn't much more accurate either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2017 08:11

mambo3 I dont think any striker worth their sort will come to us as we don't play with an attacker in mind. Especially as Stam does not seem to like out and out strikers. How did he get on with dwight Yorke and Andy Cole? When he was at man utd.

Worth their salt. The rest of it isn't much more accurate either.

Revolutian

by Revolutian » 20 Aug 2017 08:34

I thought we improved in the second half. If we played like that the whole game we would not have lost. I can't understand people saying Preston should have won by more. They weren't much better than us.

I live in Blackpool so I have little opportunity to see Reading play, however, Clement was not good today. If you excuse the goal (everyone was at fault there) I think Blackett had a pretty solid game. Moore was good too, putting in some really good blocks. I enjoyed super striker McShane for the last 5 minutes too.

To the people saying the season is over, calm down. It is concerning that Stam does not seem to learn his lesson away from home (we all know PNE play counter attack) but he probably has a better idea of things than us.

Oh and the only good thing about Preston is the M55

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2017 09:11

Ascotexgunner
Pepe the Horseman
Ascotexgunner Getting close to writing this season off. Its clear we are an utter sack of s*ite away from home and it's clear it's not going to improve.

Kind of like last season?

No, last season we had "moments"........This season we have offered absolutely NOTHING in our two away matches so far. Blame injuries by all means.....but for me that doesn't wash. Even with injuries we should be creating the odd decent chance.........not sweet fa. If this poor run continues and and we can't keep the home form going top 6 is going to get further away. This season I think the championship is stronger depthwise.

Who knows we might be shit at home as well what with it only being 4 games into the season. Ffs knee jerk a bit.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Aug 2017 09:14

Is that because we don't have an attacker? I'd completely disagree. I think we have some exceptional wingers at this level that any striker worth their salt would love to play with.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 20 Aug 2017 11:47

I used to live in Preston. Decent place. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Aug 2017 12:23

The Prisoner I used to live in Preston. Decent place. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Didn`t know they had a prison or borstal there. :D

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Aug 2017 16:35

Revolutian I thought we improved in the second half. If we played like that the whole game we would not have lost. I can't understand people saying Preston should have won by more. They weren't much better than us.

Bacuna got more involved in the second half. Preston aren't a great team. Played to their strengths and exploited our weaknesses.