MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by the search for Reading's first half goal

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by the search for Reading's first half goal

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2017 15:20

Same old sh#t away from home. Top 6 is heading over the horizon already and it looks as though we maybe in a relegation battle. No f#cking striker or plan B and another away game lost.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by the search for Reading's first half goal

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2017 15:21

We have been woeful tbh. Panicked and lost looking. Structure seems off and i cant figure out why.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2017 15:23

Ascotexgunner Same old sh#t away from home. Top 6 is heading over the horizon already and it looks as though we maybe in a relegation battle. No f#cking striker or plan B and another away game lost.

The same old defensive problems are there, nothing has changed, the only difference i now we lack the goals at the other end.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2017 15:27

I'd love to know how our transfer policy and scouting works.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 16 Sep 2017 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2017 15:27

CountryRoyal
Ascotexgunner Same old sh#t away from home. Top 6 is heading over the horizon already and it looks as though we maybe in a relegation battle. No f#cking striker or plan B and another away game lost.

The same old defensive problems are there, nothing has changed, the only difference i now we lack the goals at the other end.

I really don't mind us leaking goals. Its the fact that all last season we struggled up front, and we seem even worse now and on top of it we will be preying that a 36 year old front man can save us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Sep 2017 15:27

Is this cr@p as bad as it was at QPR and Preston or worse?

Wonder what JS is saying at half time, he can't be very happy.

Bet he's thinking he needs to sign a midfielder....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Sep 2017 15:30

We have plenty of options on the bench to change things - sounds like need to be brave and try something a little different

But as soon as we go 1 down that seems to be it. Same as last year - seems Stam just hasn't worked out an answer

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 16 Sep 2017 15:35

No Striker. How we ever going to compete in the Championship?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 Sep 2017 15:35

We’ve missed Steven Reid. We’ve not been anywhere near the same since he WALKED OUT on us. Appointed by Roy as first team coach at Palace. Makes you wonder?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2017 15:36

percy_freeman No Striker. How we ever going to compete in the Championship?

wibble
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 16 Sep 2017 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2017 15:36

Oilroyal We’ve missed Steven Reid. We’ve not been anywhere near the same since he WALKED OUT on us. Appointed by Roy as first team coach at Palace. Makes you wonder?

No it doesn't.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Sep 2017 15:37

Beerens on for Bodvarsson :lol:

Well that'll shake 'em up :roll:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 Sep 2017 15:38

NewCorkSeth
Oilroyal We’ve missed Steven Reid. We’ve not been anywhere near the same since he WALKED OUT on us. Appointed by Roy as first team coach at Palace. Makes you wonder?

No it doesn't.

why not?

alfie9

by alfie9 » 16 Sep 2017 15:41

We pass the ball well but we're just utter crap in either 18 yard box at the moment

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2017 15:42

Oilroyal
NewCorkSeth

No it doesn't.

why not?

Because we arent the same team as last season. There are 7 new players vying for a first team spot. We havent been the same since Roy Beerens stopped playing regularly either but thats not the reason were poor. Its not like the players from last season have forgotten how to train/play because 1 coach has left.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2017 15:44

With the amount of wingers we have you think there would be someone in the team who could cross..

Also is it just me or does anyone else switch off whenever we have a free kick in range of the goal? We never do anything noteworthy from them.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2017 15:46

alfie9 We pass the ball well but we're just utter crap in either 18 yard box at the moment

Do we? Must be watching a different game. So many inaccurate passes, going out of play, getting cut out or just being too lazy and causing the receiver to stretch and therefore get on the back foot.

We're not doing anything well, not least passing.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2017 15:47

NewCorkSeth With the amount of wingers we have you think there would be someone in the team who could cross..

Also is it just me or does anyone else switch off whenever we have a free kick in range of the goal? We never do anything noteworthy from them.

I've see a lot of good crossing this season. It just noons is on the end of it or making a run from midfield.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Sep 2017 15:52

Ascotexgunner
NewCorkSeth With the amount of wingers we have you think there would be someone in the team who could cross..

I've see a lot of good crossing this season. It just noons is on the end of it or making a run from midfield.

I missed the last 2 games but have watched every other game with the benefit of instant replays and our crossing has mostly been horrendous.

McCleary (this game not included) had the best weighted crosses for us in the games I watched, Popa and Barrow were hit and mostly miss.

I also dont buy that excuse. We have a 6ft3ish striker in there that we never seem to aim at. If you watch back the games our crosses go high and deep where (due to our formation) nobody ever is.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2017 15:54

This is bad, very, very bad.